Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #1

Water Fill Modification - 2018 Greyhawk 29MVP

I thought I'd share the modification that I did today. When filling my water tank through the "City Fill" it would take just over 20 minutes to fill my tank. Although I have never tested my water pressure at home, it is more than enough. I think the way the water is routed through the in house filter caused way too much restriction?

I used one of the three overflow lines from the top of the tank and installed a new fill port. I had tapped into this line before my last trip and it worked out great. Today I finished up the install. Now I can fill the tank in less than 5 minutes. For my over-active ADD that's a major improvement

And speaking of ADD...If someone can tell me how to get my pictures from rotating I'd greatly appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7554.jpg   IMG_7555.jpg   IMG_7556.jpg   IMG_7557.jpg   IMG_7558.jpg  

RobieMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #2

If you're filling your tank from a known good municipal water source, that would work. But water from an unknown source (miscellaneous campground), or well water, I would be running it through the filter no matter how long it takes.

And don't try to fill the tank too fast. Now you've only got two vent lines, and you might overpressurize the tank and burst it. Once the vent lines start to flow, it will be easier to build up pressure behind them.

What are you using to take the pictures? Hold it sideways? The last picture worked.

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #3

Bullitt, I agree with the filter. I am using an external one no matter where I fill up from. As for the over pressure, I have filled it up about a dozen times and it seems to be handling the pressure fine. That is certainly something to keep an eye on thought.
RobieMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #4

Your mod looks well executed.

It's interesting that the location of the fresh water tank appears to have been moved. In my 2016, the tank is under the bathroom, and the three overflow lines are just forward of the rear axle.
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote