Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2019, 06:56 AM   #1

Water filter

Hello,

Did anybody change the water filter on Redhawk 24B. If yes how do you get to it? I know it behind the drawers but I can’t pull the drawers out with the limited space between bed.
Thanks in advance.
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #2

Hi, same situation with our 2019 redhawk 22j. No filter in canister when we picked up the unit and i do not plan to put one in. Use 25psi to blow out the lines for winterizing including the water filter housing too. Then pump in rv antifreeze. Use external filter connected to hose..
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #3

On my 22j with the bedroom mattress out of the way, the drawer is a tight fit against the bed platform and I have to shimmy the drawer up to slide across the platform. With drawers out, use the canister wrench unscrew the canister. Now I have my wet/dry shop vac handy first as the filter canister will be filled with water. Once I carefully unscrew the canister I use the shop vac to suck the water out. Now I can turn the canister sideways to pull through the drawer opening.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
Hello,

Did anybody change the water filter on Redhawk 24B. If yes how do you get to it? I know it behind the drawers but I can’t pull the drawers out with the limited space between bed.
Thanks in advance.
You get to it by removing the access panel by the fuse box. It will still be a sharp right turn to get to it, but the filter will be well within reach.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #5

This post makes me think........Do I have an inline water filter? I use the outside filter when hooked up, and filling. Wonder if I have an inline filter like y'all talking about.

2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 5.7 Hemi

2019 Jayflight 28BHS - SOLD
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Max -Retired
SE Michigan
justlb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlb33 View Post
This post makes me think........Do I have an inline water filter? I use the outside filter when hooked up, and filling. Wonder if I have an inline filter like y'all talking about.
Probably not in a Jay Flight. I know mine didn't have one, but it was a 2014. They are common in motorized units though.

The confounding part is why they make them SO difficult to access in some of these units. Mine is relatively easy as it's just under the bathroom sink. The worst I have to do is empty the cabinet so I can clean up any spillage easily.

If I had to move the bed and remove drawers to access it, I would probably just bypass it. I have in-line filters on the hose anyway, and we don't generally drink that water as we travel with RO water in a drinking cooler jug.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
You get to it by removing the access panel by the fuse box. It will still be a sharp right turn to get to it, but the filter will be well within reach.
That's still a MAJOR pain in the butt to get to. Such a stupid place for Jayco to put it. On my To-Do list is to get in there and completely remove the cannister before winterizing.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #8

Mine was hard to get to in a 09 Greyhawk up behind the kitchen sink. I removed it just use external filter.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That's still a MAJOR pain in the butt to get to. Such a stupid place for Jayco to put it. On my To-Do list is to get in there and completely remove the cannister before winterizing.
Me too. I have never and will never drink water that hasn't been run though my home water filter or is at least bottled. I have read here or somewhere about filter head cracks and leaks.....inside my coach?!...no thanks I will bypass it.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #10

Hidden FILTER

My 2019 Jayco 29 xk, water filter is behind the water fill spot on driver's side rear panel. Open panel climb under bed, remove four screws on carpeted panel that faces front of rv. Inside will be the pump and water filter.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #11

drink bottled water, forget the filter, leave canister empty. winterize with 25 psi to blow out lines also blows water out of canister then use rv antifreeze..works for me
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #12

Just bought a 2016 Redhawk 23x2. From the previous owner's maintenance records I'm pretty sure this unit has one of the canister filters, but darned if I can find it. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
DaSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #13

To remove the right bottom drawer which the filter is behind, pull out the drawer and release it with the black plastic levers on the hardware brackets, then push them back in and the drawer will have enough room to be pulled out.

oh...this drawer is below the wardrobe in the back.
rvlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #14

On my 24B, I completely removed the filter assembly from its original location and now use it outside the RV as an inline filter between two sections of garden hose. Pretty easy fix so that hopefully I never again need to access that silly panel under the bedroom closet/drawers.

I closed the bypass valves on either side of the filter canister, unscrewed the 2 black connectors connected to the canister and removed the screws holding the canister to the wood supports. After pulling out the canister assembly, I put a Home Depot threaded plastic pipe where the canister used to be. It was a 3-4" plastic pipe with 1/2" male threads on each end. Tightened up the black connectors and turned the bypass valves back on. No more inside filter canister. Then I added garden hose connectors to the canister (1/2 NPT female x 3/4 male hose threads, 1/2 NPT female x 3/4 female swivel hose threads). Now I connect my main hose from the city water to the outside filter and use a shorter piece of hose from the filter to the city water connection on the RV. Allows me to easily deal with filter changes.
Hilltopper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #15

Redhawk 24B Water Filter Location

Thank you RVlady. To be clear, you are talking about the Redhawk 24B, correct? That would make sense as the bottom drawer on the driver side below the wardrobe in the back would be right next to the incoming water. We are brand new to the forum as we just bought a 2020 Redhawk 24B. We were so lucky that it was in perfect condition and the original owners had every receipt and every manual. And it only had 6900 miles on it. Very grateful to find this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
4BCFD600-140D-40BD-8C3F-104F57A7E093.jpg  
Snachlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snachlas View Post
Thank you RVlady. To be clear, you are talking about the Redhawk 24B, correct? That would make sense as the bottom drawer on the driver side below the wardrobe in the back would be right next to the incoming water. We are brand new to the forum as we just bought a 2020 Redhawk 24B. We were so lucky that it was in perfect condition and the original owners had every receipt and every manual. And it only had 6900 miles on it. Very grateful to find this forum.

Lets hope that 24B slide stays in perfect condition and that's not why it was sold.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Lets hope that 24B slide stays in perfect condition and that's not why it was sold.
Do you know where the slide drive motor(s) are?
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyMike View Post
Do you know where the slide drive motor(s) are?
They are Schwinteks so they are in the wall. There is a lot to learn about them so do some searches especially with the 24B floor model. It is a fantastic floor plan that is crippled with an underpowered slide mechanism for such a large slide.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:16 AM   #19

Quote:
They are Schwinteks so they are in the wall. There is a lot to learn about them so do some searches especially with the 24B floor model. It is a fantastic floor plan that is crippled with an underpowered slide mechanism for such a large slide.
Thank you so much. The docs I got were very lacking. One doc they did include was for a Power Gear above floor slide system. I just downloaded the Schwintek in wall slide troubleshooting guide and that shows the controller and racks that I have located. Thanks again!
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyMike View Post
Thank you so much. The docs I got were very lacking. One doc they did include was for a Power Gear above floor slide system. I just downloaded the Schwintek in wall slide troubleshooting guide and that shows the controller and racks that I have located. Thanks again!
Speaking of the controllers, my dealer said it or they are in the wardrobe closet behind some mysterious panel. Apparently they called Jayco and were given the info. I had the slide out yesterday, looked in the closet and didn't see anything obvious. Can you provide a little more information? Thank you and everyone else who have been posting on this issue as well as the stupid placement of the filter. And yes, I did get the drawer out with great difficulty. Insane. Art
artie p is offline   Reply With Quote