Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #61

Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
When is the maiden voyage?
I have had 3 trips so far! Retired one since we have the same class C , maybe you can answer this. Last night after I took a shower I had a water leak coming out of the left corner floor to the side of the toilet. Its not the sink or toilet. It must be the shower. Any ideas?
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #62
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinson6 View Post
I have had 3 trips so far! Retired one since we have the same class C , maybe you can answer this. Last night after I took a shower I had a water leak coming out of the left corner floor to the side of the toilet. It’s not the sink or toilet. It must be the shower. Any ideas?
I've had two issues of water leaks in my bathroom. The first one was that the bottom shower track wasn't caulked where it sits on the shower pan inside, and water was leaking under the track and on the floor. I had to put a bead of caulk all along the inside track and up the two side walls to stop it.

The second thing I experienced was the drain fitting under the showerpan broke, and flooded the rig. This was due to crappy support Jayco put in. Do you notice how spongy the shower floor is at the drain fitting? There was limited plywood and support, which caused the fittings to move and crack.

I had to cut open the area where that access panel is, and completely rebuilt the supports and replace the drain fittings.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #63

We hve had no shower leaks. Try to pour some water in that corner to see if shower door track is the culprit. We never stand close to bottom drain when showering. Our tub is not soft near drain but had quite and experience with previous tt. I would unscrew the shower access panel to see if any water is there and also check drain supports...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #64

Quote:
I have had 3 trips so far! Retired one since we have the same class C , maybe you can answer this. Last night after I took a shower I had a water leak coming out of the left corner floor to the side of the toilet. Its not the sink or toilet. It must be the shower. Any ideas?
I found that the shower door track was installed backwards. It was fixed under warranty. Your RV was probably not perfectly level and the water leaking from the tray ran in that direction. Very similar to what happened to me.
CINCEARTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #65

Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
We hve had no shower leaks. Try to pour some water in that corner to see if shower door track is the culprit. We never stand close to bottom drain when showering. Our tub is not soft near drain but had quite and experience with previous tt. I would unscrew the shower access panel to see if any water is there and also check drain supports...
I opened the shower access and the pipe came apart, Im going to Lowes tomorrow to get a new p-trap and putting a couple of blocks for stability. Plus jayco put it on crooked!!!
Old 07-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #66

Quote:
I opened the shower access and the pipe came apart, Im going to Lowes tomorrow to get a new p-trap and putting a couple of blocks for stability. Plus jayco put it on crooked!!!
With the recent posts here, I am now wondering what I got myself into...
Old 07-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #67

What do the 2 bypass valves do? If the valves are turned to shut off water from going thru the canister, where does the water go.

Quote:
I don't think I took a picture during the process. But what I did was cut the blue 1/2" plastic Pex tubing right below the two bypass valves. That gave me two bare Pex ends. Then I bought a 90 degree 1/2" Shark Bite coupling fitting at Home Depot, and pushed those two cut ends into the coupling.

Done..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...8LFA/202270510

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #68
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
What do the 2 bypass valves do? If the valves are turned to shut off water from going thru the canister, where does the water go.
The bypass valves are used to keep water from coming out of the canister housing when you change the filter. You'd be able to change the filter while still hooked up to city water, as the one valve would stop that flow.

I don't have to worry about that anymore, my bypass valves are gone..........
Old 07-30-2020, 05:26 AM   #69

On Retired One's advise last year I took a look under my shower for plumbing and support problems. The connections seemed okay, at least so far. I did add additional blocking under the shower pan for more support. The floor doesn't "oil can" now when standing taking a shower. No leaks yet.
alazear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:02 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazear View Post
On Retired One's advise last year I took a look under my shower for plumbing and support problems. The connections seemed okay, at least so far. I did add additional blocking under the shower pan for more support. The floor doesn't "oil can" now when standing taking a shower. No leaks yet.
X2. This needs to be one of the first repairs that we make to our rigs. I am grateful to those who mentioned it so that it could be fixed before the drain breaks and complicates things.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #71

Thanks. Too bad the cut off valves can't be used like the bypass valves on the water heater.

Quote:
The bypass valves are used to keep water from coming out of the canister housing when you change the filter. You'd be able to change the filter while still hooked up to city water, as the one valve would stop that flow.

I don't have to worry about that anymore, my bypass valves are gone..........

Old 07-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #72
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
X2. This needs to be one of the first repairs that we make to our rigs. I am grateful to those who mentioned it so that it could be fixed before the drain breaks and complicates things.
For sure.. and it seems to be a common problem, unfortunately...

It really ruins your night, when you step out of the shower at night, only to see the bathroom flooded...

Ask me how I know...
Old 07-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
I'm going to fix it today. I think I'll add more support also. I'll post pics here when I'm done
Old 08-01-2020, 01:58 AM   #74

Isn't this the truth. Seems every year, something that was standard, is eliminated, by either making it an option, or by eliminating it completely. And this is good stuff. Why not eliminate something that is virtually useless due to the placement by Jayco? Definitely same some money doing that.

What I don't understand is how anyone at Jayco thinks putting that water filter where they do, is a good idea. Not only is it not good, it's down right stupid. I have to assume no customer ever complains to Jayco about that placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReflection View Post
I'm with you on that one! After going through that process on sanitizing my new J22, the next time I need to replace that filter will be the external Camco filters. If Jayco wanted to lower their prices and do their customers a favor, they would skip the internal cannister and supply a Camco with every similar designed MH, IMHO.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:17 AM   #75

Question

Quote:
I guess that would depend on how handy you are. Besides trying to climb into the cabinet to get to the filter housing and mounting hardware (which is a real PIA), I had to cut the Pex tubing on each side, and put a Shark Bite connector in to reattach the two ends.
Did you take any pictures? I want to remove the canister also. Design is a real pain to service.
michael707 is offline   Reply With Quote