Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #1

Water filter

We bought a new 2019 Redhawk. Does anyone know: do these come with a water filter already in the canister?
Steb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #2

I have a 2020 Greyhawk and it didn't. Been told none do. Mine is in such a miserable place to get at, I never put one in and just use a filter on the water supply line after my pressure regulator.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #3

Redhawk 24B came with a filter but separate from the canister. It was in one of the drawers with all the other documents.
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steb View Post
We bought a new 2019 Redhawk. Does anyone know: do these come with a water filter already in the canister?
Which model did you buy, that will determine exactly where the canister is located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
Redhawk 24B came with a filter but separate from the canister. It was in one of the drawers with all the other documents.
Same with me. But that canister location absolutely sucks, so I cut mine out, and just use an external Blue Camco inline filter.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:20 AM   #5

My used 2018 Redhawk 22J came with a filter system. Fortunately, I had read about the location of the filter on this forum before I bought it. So, before I bought it, I had the dealer remove the entire canister. Never have to deal with that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredAndFree View Post
I have a 2020 Greyhawk and it didn't. Been told none do. Mine is in such a miserable place to get at, I never put one in and just use a filter on the water supply line after my pressure regulator.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #6

I have a 2020 26XD and the filter was in one of the cabinet drawers. After my RV was delivered, with the water system filled, I found it, the dealer hadn't bothered to install it. I found the filter canister in the bottom of the bathroom vanity. When I winterized it came apart easily enough, I wanted to empty it and put a small bottle in it to take up the space because I fill the system with antifreeze, but I'm going to remove this whole set up this spring and continue using the blue external inline filters.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #7

I don't have a motorhome. BUT, I do use this and it would work just as well. This works much better than those Blue Camco in line filters. I use the 3 canister system. I requested clear canisters so I could see what was happening to the filters.

https://www.clearsourcerv.com/produc...-filter-system
Attached Images

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
I don't have a motorhome. BUT, I do use this and it would work just as well. This works much better than those Blue Camco in line filters. I use the 3 canister system. I requested clear canisters so I could see what was happening to the filters.

https://www.clearsourcerv.com/produc...-filter-system
Where do you mount it! Nice package.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Where do you mount it! Nice package.
I saved 2 (4 x 16) inch composite decking boards from when I was having my deck re-done at my house. Drilled 2 holes in each board so I could mount them on my rear trailer bumper. Then, I sit the water filters on it. Works great. I also have a water regulator at the water exit from the filters. (Red wire to help support the weight on thevquick disconnect fittings)That lets me monitor the pressure coming out of the filters. Which will tell me the filters are getting clogged.

We were at a campground in Ohio that has really rusty well water. Thevrust/sediment filter gut a little rust colored, but thecwater tasted great.

The 1st filter is a sediment/rust remover filter, the 2nd is a .5 micron carbon filter and the 3rd is a .2 micron bacteria filter.

In the process of putting my trailer away for the winter so these photos were taken in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
20201103_122800.jpg   20201103_122815.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #10

Redhawk 24B. Found my water filter while tracking a minor leak. To change it means removing drawers in the back closet and turning off handle to it before removing. Will require 3 hands.

Stupid location.

So I will leave it in place and continue using a Camco blue inline filter on the source hose. This should keep sand and stuff out of the house filter.

Jayco - what a joke burying the filter in a closet. Dumb.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #11

Seems like the water filter installer comes to work every day with a chip on their shoulder and with a single thought of where is the most difficult place I can find to put this thing and then goes home at the end of the day with a smile on their miserable face.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
Site Team

In our fifth wheel, it was hidden well under the sink but we found a short piece of hose that was provided to bypass it. Once I priced the filter $$$$, we replaced it with the hose and now do our filtering in the Utility bay.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #13

My 22J had the water filter in a similar place. Drawers needed to be removed to see it, and get to it. Hard, very hard to do. I was forewarned by reading this board before I purchased it. I had the dealer remove it before I would buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
Redhawk 24B. Found my water filter while tracking a minor leak. To change it means removing drawers in the back closet and turning off handle to it before removing. Will require 3 hands.

Stupid location.

So I will leave it in place and continue using a Camco blue inline filter on the source hose. This should keep sand and stuff out of the house filter.

Jayco - what a joke burying the filter in a closet. Dumb.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #14

When you remove the water filter, do you have to install some kind of bypass?
maprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:06 AM   #15
Site Team

If you remove the entire filter and housing, yes, you'll need to attach the two hoses together with a fitting. I removed one from a friends TT, and coupled the hoses with one of these male couplings. You'll need to verify the size.

https://www.mobilehomedepotmi.com/pl...qest.html#!/~/

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #16
Site Team

My new fifth wheel had a grey hose with the connectors on it, near the filter. Easy to take it out other than standing on your head under the sink!
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 11-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #17

I purchased a new 2019 Jayco Redhawk 27N and the filter was in the canister. But the water seemed to have Clorox or something in it so I drained the system and change the filter the first day.
Vacavillebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #18

Check under bathroom sink. Ours came with a cartridge which needs to be removed to winterize. I ditched it and only use external filter
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steb View Post
The filter is in the cupboard under the sink. I took it out and joined the lines together. There was no way to get the canister out without spilling water inside the cupboard and no way to get at it to dry it up. I messed with it twice when winterizing and said that is it you are gone. Jayco does some dumb things and this is one of them. I will get and external one in the spring.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #20

I byass the filter with 1/2 inch pex and fittings for winterizing.
klirg is offline   Reply With Quote