Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #1

Unhappy Water hook up/regulator

I've been told by some to hook up the pressure regulator to the cg water outlet. Some say the regulator should be hooked to the tt/mh after the hose. Looking for your input.
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #2

Hey Tom - that has been batted around a couple of times here so you might search on pressure regulator. Here is one of those threads -- http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...sure+regulator

Some like it at the spigot to protect the hose, others say that it should be at the inlet so the sun heating the hot water does not over pressure the system.

It is the old tomato tomoto (is that right spelling?? lol)

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the link.
Looks like most put their regulator on the cg outlet.
Good idea about shutting off if leaving for awhile.
I did get the 90 degree fitting for the side connection. Also saw that someone put in a Y conection with a short hose to bleed the line.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #4

I always put a Y at the spigot and I have a short utility hose. I have an outside shower, but find the utility hose and sprayer are much more useful. I also use it to hook to my tank rinser when I am done (if I have sewer).

Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #5

Water Pressure Regulator

Water pressure regulator is a must! Especially if at a campground with surge pumps that put out a lot of water pressure and the regulator should go on the campground spigot. Add a Y fitting so you can hook up a second water line for numerous reasons (black tank spray cleaner, wash vehicle or rv if allowed, etc.). Do not use second hose for your fresh water supply to rv. Should use same hose for fresh water and be sure to keep it clean and don't let it touch ground.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #6

I don't worry about the hose being in the sun at home, I'm not going to be anal about in the CG either. Besides, we crack the water often enough to relieve any pressure on the hose.The regulator goes on a Y at the spigot with a utility hose on the other side that also flushes my black tank.

I use a Watts regulator, adjusted it one time and don't worry about it. The 90 degree adapter on the trailer end is a big help also. A hose won't stay connected to my trailer if I don't use it. Cheap plastic.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #7

Got a Watts and a Y. Guess I'm ready. Going to be an experience!.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #8

The Watts worked great. I put QD's on the regulator and hose. Took 30 sec's to hook up water.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #9

Thumbs up

Tom: I suggest you also install the cone screen type washers used on clothes washer inlets. You can buy them at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Some have very small screen mesh versus the others with larger mesh. The reason for use is to avoid various small rock, shale pieces, etc. which commonly originate from a well water source. Obviously, numerous rural campgrounds have on-site wells for their source of water.

I once owned a fifth wheel with three tanks and each had a separate tank sprayer. Due to the absence of the recommended screen washers, I packed stone. shale pieces, etc. into the spray head orifices and clogged them closed. The trailer bottom was enclosed in metal and after "guessing" where the spray heads were on each tank, I had to open the tin up and luckily found the spray head. Then took it off and confirmed that the spray orifices were clogged closed with rock, etc. This was a very time consuming venture and somewhat destructive to the under belly. All, because I did not use the cheap screen washers. Lesson learned and now I carry spare washers. Your use of the quick connectors is wise.

Sounds like you are enjoying the 29D. The issue with the satellite is strange! Maybe Jayco misinterpreted the federal rules? Why would they sell an in-motion dish, if they wire it not to be used in-motion! I am monitoring this issue and interested in you gaining use of the satellite while "in-motion."
001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #10

My regulator has the screen you described. Also going to put an in-line filter on the hose.

The tv saga continues. Received the dish network receiver today. Will work on that this weekend.

Jayco says the rear tv can be watched in-motion but not the front. Who knows! The driver can't see either tv so I see no difference.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Copeland View Post
Jayco says the rear tv can be watched in-motion but not the front. Who knows! The driver can't see either tv so I see no difference.
Ha - We talked about getting a MH at one point and I said "wait...if we get one dad is going to be in the drivers seat while you all sit back and enjoy" -- what is wrong with this picture

No wonder Dads are so special!

Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Copeland View Post
My regulator has the screen you described. Also going to put an in-line filter on the hose.

The tv saga continues. Received the dish network receiver today. Will work on that this weekend.

Joe, thanks for your reply. Also be sure to use screen washer on hose you use to connect to tank sprayer. You can put on both sides of the plastic or metal Y that hooks to campground water faucet. Carry extras because they get clogged up over time. Also put your inline water filter on "after" the pressure regulator (don't leave pressure regulator outside if weather is going to be below freezing either). Also carry some teflon plumbers tape because numerous campground water faucets will leak when you hook up. Put plumbers tape on the threads and then your Y. Lots of things to remember about RVing-Joe!!
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #13

Got a roll in my rig tool box.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #14

On our trip to Wisconsin we stayed to 5 different cg's. One had water pressure over 70 psi. Pressure was posted in each site. My regulator worked great.
I watched one camper trying to regulate the water pressure with the cg water valve. He finally went to the store and bought a regulator.
Another item I would not leave home without!