Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #1

water issue redhawk 26xd

2019 Redhawk 26xd. After filling fresh water tank at home we drove two hours to campsite and our tank show empty. This has happened twice. No visible leaks,wondering if it's a gauge issue or what. Any thoughts?
Dg49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

we're the tanks actually empty? if so, read up on "siphoning" which is a very hot topic here.

if the tanks were full, then about all I've got is know that those sensors on all three tanks are notoriously poor and frequent to failure.

they're extremely low tech, you might start by crawling underneath and seeing if the wires are still connected to the tank sensors.

basically - they drill three small holes and put in three electrodes (1/4, 1/2, 3/4). when the water touches the electrode - the sensor knows it as reached that level.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #3

Thanks so much I appreciate it I will check out the siphoning issue.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:52 PM   #4

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Campsite was only a 2 hour drive from home and tanks were topped off. On arrival at campsite gauge showed only 75% fresh water. Just for grins I got out the hose and topped off the tank again, putting 18 gallons into a 42 gallon tank. I have not investigated, don't really know where to start just yet. Off on another trip next week and will test again and watch closely.
Bill F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #5

Thanks I've got a service appointment at Jayco next week to see what they say about it
Old 09-05-2020, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Campsite was only a 2 hour drive from home and tanks were topped off. On arrival at campsite gauge showed only 75% fresh water. Just for grins I got out the hose and topped off the tank again, putting 18 gallons into a 42 gallon tank. I have not investigated, don't really know where to start just yet. Off on another trip next week and will test again and watch closely.
As was mentioned, you are probably losing water when you turn etc, it siphons out of the overflow. Many, many such issues reported.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #7

I have a brand new 2020 Redhawk 22C and I have the same problem. In my case it is siphoning out and is visible on the ground if i move the vehicle. If I leave it where it was filled it does not appear to be a problem. I contacted Jayco and they had an immediate solution - oh yes here is what you do -find the three overflow pipes attached to the fresh tank under the van and raise them up and hold them there with cable ties. I did that, raising them as high as I could and it did not help. I still have the problem and have had to resort to using the country fill method when boondocking or staying at sites where there is only a spigot for water. This is a ton of extra work.
I am extremely frustrated that this is a know issue and has been happening for years and yet Jayco has chosen to ignore it. I plan to contact them again upon return from my trip.
wiarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dg49 View Post
Thanks I've got a service appointment at Jayco next week to see what they say about it
Welcome to the site from SW Michigan! Hope you get your issue sorted out soon. Happy trails!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #9

Yup

Been like this for awhile it appears

I got valves, for sprinkler system, put on all three since after Factory fix at the dealership did NADA as most repairs from them have been
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #10

Good Luck. Please keep us informed
wiarcher is offline   Reply With Quote