Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #1

water leak

been camping at fort wilderness for a week , came back to rv to find major leak behind city water intake. looked undereath and it appears to be leaking from the wrapping the goes around the tank right behind intake, any one have ths happen before?
mids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #2

I dont understand what is meant by "the wrapping the goes around the tank right behind intake".

Does it leak on city water use or onboard water use?

Does it leak all the time or just when drawing water?
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #3

Pictures might help but it sounds like you've got to get to that fitting and tighten a clamp unless something actually cracked. Do you have a pressure regular at the faucet? If not there may have been some surge in water pressure that caused a separate. At temporary solution may be to fill the fresh water take and use that until you can identify what's causing the leak and fix it.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #4

Were you connected to city water when you noticed the leak? A leaky check valve in your water pump will allow city water to flow back into your water tank causing it to overflow and dump water onto the ground. Might be your problem??

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #5

sorry i was not clear in my discription, it looks as if its leaking from thr backside of the city water connecion, i removed the 3 screws but could not get fiiting off and i did not want to force. Two thing happened before the leak,1 i was usuing the water pump to remove 1/3 tank freshwater
2nd i increased the water pressure from the campground, but i do use a regulator on my connection into the city intake.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #6

Not familiar with your RV but to my knowledge the only way to get to the backside of the city watered inlet is pulling the screws and then pulling out the that fitting. There is probably some sealant holding it on and you have to use something like a dull butter knife to pry it loose. Here is a short view on the removal: https://youtu.be/k7xeHFOZOBs

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 07-05-2021, 04:11 AM   #7

Mine there is an access panel inside in a pantry cabinet that can be removed to gain access to the backside of the fitting, although its limited space. Maybe look around inside in that area to see if there is something to remove.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #8

thanks for feed back problem fixed. It was the water filter just past the intake valve, i foind the acess panel in my storage area 4 screws to remove it and everything was right there. 3 years with the redhawk and still learning. safe travels all
Old 07-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mids911 View Post
thanks for feed back problem fixed. It was the water filter just past the intake valve, i foind the acess panel in my storage area 4 screws to remove it and everything was right there. 3 years with the redhawk and still learning. safe travels all
Great! Glad you were able to find the source of the problem and fix it.