Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2020, 08:05 AM   #1

Water leak from plumbing

On my last trip we noticed the water pump running with everything off. Started looking for a leak. Found water in area of water fill compartment under towel rack. First thought was coming from a line connect at an elbow. Got home and was going to see about clamp on line. Then realized the water was actually running under the floor above this area. Water seems to be running between plywood and foam. I've checked ever connection and line possible to get at. Has anyone had and fixed this problem. It's a Seneca 35 GS 2006. The only place I can't get to a connection is behind the shower faucets and it has an ice maker that don't work but not sure there is any water to it. Other possibilities is just a line leaking under the floor. Want to make sure it's not some where else before ripping up floor. Thanks for any help.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

Nothing runs under the floor in the foam everything is either above the floor or completely underneath. To access the shower valves did you look for a panel in the pantry? Also it could be the water line running up to the ice maker which you should be able to see behind the furnace, just remove the grate under the fridge. Also you could pull the false bottom under the vanity to check there. Have you checked the lines under the sink, I had one of those come loose. You can reach them with the kitchen slide in, by the bathroom wall.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. I've checked all but under the fridge. Sink is good. Of course you cannot get to anything under the home. The foam is wet but that maybe only because it's running down on it. Thanks again. I'll get back ate it. Didn't see a access I. Pantry for shower but will look again.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #4

Grumpy, good advice. Got to both the shower and the ice maker. Did have door to shower. BUT still have not found a leak. Nothing is wet except where it's dripping where all the lines go up behind towel rack. Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #5

After more searching, the water is coming between the floor covering and the plywood floor. The direction it's coming seems it can only be shower or ice maker. If I don't find something soon is to cut and plug lines until I find which one and run a new line if I can.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #6

Ok, found and fixed plumbing water leak. Luckily after tearing stuff apart it turned out to be a simple fix. Was cold water line between shower no and bathroom sink.