Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Water leak, toilet area...Melbourne

Water collects, sometimes, on the floor behind the toilet.
We have not determined the precise source of the leak, what causes the leak, whether it's when we dry camp only, hook up to water at an RV park only, etc.
We did follow a suggestion offered here to wrap toilet paper around the pipe on the back side of the toilet. The paper got wet. Then we wrapped a towel there. It got soaked.
Now, the crew at Camping World/Albuquerque says they cannot find a leak. Well, there is a leak. Water puddles on the floor.
Now what do we do..............?.......Will this be an arm-wrestling match with Camping World...........?
It's a Melbourne 24M, 2017 model year.....
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #2

After we hook up to water or if air ever gets in the lines we get some water on the floor in front of the toilet until all the air purges out of the line. Is there a way for you to show the tech that works on the camper what is doing or do you just talk to a service advisor. Not sure how CW works. Maybe a video of it dry then turn on the water and show TP and towels getting wet.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #3

At this point, we have only talked to the service adviser.
I wish I knew when this was happening and when it was not happening......
It's an intermittent problem like this that is maddening........especially when they cannot duplicate it.
I will bring up your thoughts about air in the lines..........???
Old 07-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdktm View Post
At this point, we have only talked to the service adviser.
I wish I knew when this was happening and when it was not happening......
It's an intermittent problem like this that is maddening........especially when they cannot duplicate it.
I will bring up your thoughts about air in the lines..........???
Mine spits the water on the floor in front of the toilet from the flush nozzle or what ever you call it. When you wrap the towel or TP down does it happen all the time? When all is dry and you don't flush does it stay dry or will it get wet again even if you don't flush? I would start with it being dry hooked up to city water or with the pump on and don't flush for a couple hours. If it stays dry flush several times and see if it is wet. At least that way you will be able to tell them when it is happening. Like I said mine happens for the first few flushes and/or until air is purged out after hooking up to city water mostly.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #5

I wouldn't give them the air in lines possibility unless you know that is it. They will most likely use that as the reason because there is nothing they can do about it and they will not look any further.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #6

Based on what you guys are suggesting and based on me not knowing just when this happens, maybe I should hook up a hose in the driveway, get a role of TP and a towel, and try to make it happen..............
Worth a try.............
Old 07-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Water collects, sometimes, on the floor behind the toilet.

We have not determined the precise source of the leak, what causes the leak, whether it's when we dry camp only, hook up to water at an RV park only, etc.

We did follow a suggestion offered here to wrap toilet paper around the pipe on the back side of the toilet. The paper got wet. Then we wrapped a towel there. It got soaked.

Now, the crew at Camping World/Albuquerque says they cannot find a leak. Well, there is a leak. Water puddles on the floor.

Now what do we do..............?.......Will this be an arm-wrestling match with Camping World...........?

It's a Melbourne 24M, 2017 model year.....

My 2016 Melbourne 24K was doing the same thing.

When I Googled the problem I found there’s a problem with a loose connection on the supply line in the back of the toilet.
To solve, you have to remove the toilet to tighten the connection then reinstall...worked like a charm for me. No slow leaks since!!
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
My 2016 Melbourne 24K was doing the same thing.

When I Googled the problem I found there’s a problem with a loose connection on the supply line in the back of the toilet.
To solve, you have to remove the toilet to tighten the connection then reinstall...worked like a charm for me. No slow leaks since!!

Sorry, should hav3 also said mine was intermittent as well...only occurred when I was connected to water source and pressure was enough to force the leak. When I was dry camping and only flushing, there’s not enough water pressure using the pump to create the leak.

Drove me NUTS til I found the suggestion and it was 5min fix.

And Camping World was ZERO help with mine as well....
Old 07-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #9

Do you all use a inline pressure regulator for city hookup?
Old 07-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #10

Yes, I use a pressure regulator.........
Old 07-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #11

How did you remove the toilet............?
Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #12

What did you do that took only 5 minutes?!?!...........I like that plan.........
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #13

Puddle by toilet

Assuming it is not poor aim on your part, we had water near our toilet and ours turned out to be a loose connection on the hot water side of the sink that is nearby. Only happened when water pressure was near 40 so dealer told us 40 was too high so they would not work on it. So far every plumbing problem has been a loose connection. This is my first TT so I assume that things shaking loose is part of having a mobile house. This last trip it was supply line to the hot water heater that loosened and leaked.
dartwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:43 PM   #14

Quote:
What did you do that took only 5 minutes?!?!...........I like that plan.........

1) Shut off the water
2) Dump any water in the bowl
3) Remove the nuts on the toilet flange bolts holding it to the floor
4) Remove the water supply line on the back
5) Turn it upside down and look at the connection where the supply line goes into the toilet. There is a second place to tighten it against the toilet “housing” you can’t get to unless you have it upside down. HAND tighten snugly, and reverse the steps.
Worked for me...
Old 07-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #15

The sage continues:
--Camping World/Albuquerque could not duplicate the leak. According to what the tech wrote on the work order, it looks like he was thorough.
Then I drove it home and parked it.
--Removing the toilet is easy: two nuts, one on each side; half-inch wrench.
--Nothing appeared to be loose. No leaks found, when sink water turned on (hot and cold). No leaks when flushing. Did all of these steps on "normal" setting and on "city fixtures." Ultimately, the only change I made was to wrap plumber's tape around the threads for the blue water tube where it attaches to the white apparatus on the top-back of the toilet. Then I reassembled everything.
I left the hose attached to the RV, on the "city fixtures" setting. I will check it tomorrow................
Old 07-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #16

Not sure exactly what kind of fitting you have that attaches the hose to the toilet but I know some use a rubber cone washer that can fail. Easy to fix if it has.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #17

Just purchased a new 2017 24K and it's doing exactly the same thing.... it's very intermittent with no real "cause".... thanks for the info..... I'll check mine out... DW
DRW55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #18

To DRW55: Baffling, yes. There is a leak. Twice, we have soaked up water after wrapping toilet paper, first, and then a hand towel, around the black pipe that comes out of the floor at the base of the back of the toilet. When the tech at Camping World could not duplicate the leak, I asked the service writer to please make a note on their paperwork that the customer was not happy, that a leak does indeed exist, and that if some day after the two-year warranty expires and damage does occur somewhere, Camping World will have a note about it.
And, like I wrote in a previous post here, I removed the toilet, looked at all water pipe fittings for the toilet and for the adjacent bathroom sink...and found nothing amiss. I did wrap plumber tape around the threads for the blue water line that enters the back of the toilet, about 15 inches off the floor.
At this point, we will try to monitor what we are doing and how we are hooked up to water..........and then note the circumstances if the leak reappears....
Old 07-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #19

Take a look at the following thread. Just wondering if this might be your intermittent leak.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ior-58819.html
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote