Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

Water leaking rear of MH

2018 29w 6 mos of full time use and Flawless until today when after driving in a torrential rain the mattress at the head of the bed was wet. No roof issues, window in rear seems fine. Anyone with similar issue or suggestions for finding the leak? Thanks, BD
Bduck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bduck100 View Post
2018 29w 6 mos of full time use and Flawless until today when after driving in a torrential rain the mattress at the head of the bed was wet. No roof issues, window in rear seems fine. Anyone with similar issue or suggestions for finding the leak? Thanks, BD
What about the bed platform? Maybe something coming in from below? Do you have a Fantastic Fan in the roof?
Old 08-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #3

The mattress had absorbed most of the water. The plywood under the bed was wet but the storage compartment under the bed was almost completely dry. I do have a fantastic fan in the bathroom which is far removed from the head of the bed. Have used a light around the window to check for proper sealing and don't see any light on the other side of the window. Have not done a water test yet.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #4

Sounds like the slideout seal is leaking...you mentioned driving in torrential rains and that could cause it.

That's where I would look.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:40 AM   #5

I originally thought your problem would have been a slide out seal too but the 29W does not have a slide out in the rear. I was not able to find a photo of the rear of your model coach so I could only view the floor plan. I would check around your rear window and also check the roof above and around any marker lights and rear camera. It does not take much of a gap for water to find its way in. Keep us posted on what you find and good luck.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
I originally thought your problem would have been a slide out seal too but the 29W does not have a slide out in the rear. I was not able to find a photo of the rear of your model coach so I could only view the floor plan. I would check around your rear window and also check the roof above and around any marker lights and rear camera. It does not take much of a gap for water to find its way in. Keep us posted on what you find and good luck.
Oops...my bad. If it’s no slide in bedroom then definitely check the frameless window.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #7

WE have a 31 DS and we have been chasing a bedroom leak for ever .
Just found it !! Water is running into slide rail then draining out by mattress.
It was not sealed by Jayco and lippardt Slide was miss plug on rail.
We blamed the rear window and looked there for a year!!
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedog View Post
WE have a 31 DS and we have been chasing a bedroom leak for ever .
Just found it !! Water is running into slide rail then draining out by mattress.
It was not sealed by Jayco and lippardt Slide was miss plug on rail.
We blamed the rear window and looked there for a year!!
Katiedog...he doesn’t have a slide in the bedroom.

I originally thought the same thing as you found on yours but it can’t be as he doesn’t have a slide on that floorplan.

Window would be my guess. Even if it looks to seal ok when stationary the backdraft behind the motorhome can cause crazy pressure back there. Could be forcing water past the seals.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bduck100 View Post

I have a 2017 29W. Do you have the second A/C in the bedroom? If so, you need to check the seal. If need be you can tighten the A/C to the roof more to increase the pressure on the seal.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #10

We had a big leak recently around the rear frameless window in our Melbourne 24M after driving in heavy rain. Nothing else there, the aluminum extrusion was full of water. The rear window is fixed with no opening section. Another nod to Jayco quality!
Seniorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorchief View Post
We had a big leak recently around the rear frameless window in our Melbourne 24M after driving in heavy rain. Nothing else there, the aluminum extrusion was full of water. The rear window is fixed with no opening section. Another nod to Jayco quality!
Senior Chief, was this fixed by Jayco under warranty or did you fix it yourself?
BD