Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2020, 07:00 AM   #1

Water manifold leak

I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. It has a small compartment under the outdoor shower compartment, that houses my water control valves. I have a very, very, slight leak from that manifold where the brass fittings connect to the middle plastic T fitting. I’ve captured it on video and taken a screen shot for y’all to see. Of course my 2 year Jayco warranty just expired! Anyone ever repair, or replace this manifold? If so how’d you do it?
Attached Thumbnails
359680BE-44D3-4BE8-A094-9FC4077FC9D9.jpg  
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Here is another thread on the subject!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ler-75202.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #3

How recently did your warranty just run out? Sometimes they will fix things within a reasonable amount of time.

That looks like a pain of a spot to fix. It will have to come all apart, new pipe tape and dope, and reassembled. The big issues, it has to be in perfect alignment

In my option it is a poor design, If you try to just tighten the right side, you loosen the left side. Hence I think it in needs to be taken apart and reassembled.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
How recently did your warranty just run out? Sometimes they will fix things within a reasonable amount of time.

That looks like a pain of a spot to fix. It will have to come all apart, new pipe tape and dope, and reassembled. The big issues, it has to be in perfect alignment

In my option it is a poor design, If you try to just tighten the right side, you loosen the left side. Hence I think it in needs to be taken apart and reassembled.
It expired A few days ago! Yes, does not look like fun, especially due to the fact that I’m sure there is no slack in the water lines to pull out the manifold and repair everything! Can’t imagine how I’m going to reattach those lines with no slack?!!
Old 10-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #5

If it was just days ago, call the dealer ASAP! See what they have to say, then Jayco if the dealer says sorry! My dealer fixed something maybe 6 months out of warranty.

If you do it yourself. Mark each tube where it goes. Then with a medium sized side cutter, clip the crimp rings with a twisting action. They usually pop fairly easily, especially if you can get on were the crimp tool attaches.

New crimp rings and the tool can be had a Home Depot for about $15.

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 10-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #6

Thanks for your advice, I’m familiar with doing a lot of plumbing, I just have no desire to do this one!
Old 10-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Thanks for your advice, I’m familiar with doing a lot of plumbing, I just have no desire to do this one!
I do not blame you. It does not look like great place to work.

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 11-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. It has a small compartment under the outdoor shower compartment, that houses my water control valves. I have a very, very, slight leak from that manifold where the brass fittings connect to the middle plastic T fitting. I’ve captured it on video and taken a screen shot for y’all to see. Of course my 2 year Jayco warranty just expired! Anyone ever repair, or replace this manifold? If so how’d you do it?

Had the same problem. I replaced all the plastic crap with brass fittings. No problems since.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:19 AM   #9

Like rod pod said. Make a new one out of brass and then use crimping tool to attach line in same sequence. This should not be that had to do just take your time Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
Had the same problem. I replaced all the plastic crap with brass fittings. No problems since.
Did you snip off the crimped on clamps and re-crimp new ones?

I have no slack to pull out the manifold. I could reach up and use a good pair of dikes to cut them off the back of the manifold but I don’t think a crimping tool will fit up there to crimp back on.

I was also thinking of either cutting and extending the pex or seeing if I can cut the crimp on’s further back, behind the wet bay somewhere under the rig.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #11

Quote:
My Redhawk 24B has the same problem. Can't figure out why and can't reproduce it. Just appears in my wet bay when it decides to. I think it is in the control board.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Did you snip off the crimped on clamps and re-crimp new ones?

I have no slack to pull out the manifold. I could reach up and use a good pair of dikes to cut them off the back of the manifold but I don’t think a crimping tool will fit up there to crimp back on.

I was also thinking of either cutting and extending the pex or seeing if I can cut the crimp on’s further back, behind the wet bay somewhere under the rig.
I cut them off and reinstalled using brass fittings.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:12 AM   #13

Quote:
RodPod, when you replaced the plastic fittings with brass, did the valves line back up with the mounting plate holes? Can you share a photo and where you purchased the fittings? Do your ember sizes?

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #14

Did that screw cause the problem?
If it were mine I'd figure a way to reroute that problem!!!!!
What a pain.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB12 View Post
Did that screw cause the problem?
If it were mine I'd figure a way to reroute that problem!!!!!
What a pain.
PaulB12
No Photo is a bit deceiving the screws a couple inches away from it. I was camping in a very cold temperature last winter, I got caught in an overnight dip, all the valves froze, I must’ve just caught it because when I put my heater on the manifold the valve loosened right up and water started to flow immediately! But there has been other posts of this valve leaking. I think the issue is a mix of plastic & brass and a lack of quality control!

I wouldn’t mind doing all brass, just would like the valve stems to line up with the fixture holes on the mounting plate.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #16

Quote:
RodPod, when you replaced the plastic fittings with brass, did the valves line back up with the mounting plate holes? Can you share a photo and where you purchased the fittings? Do your ember sizes?

Thanks.

Yes they lined up perfectly. I purchased them at Lowes I don't remember the size. I took one of the plastic ones with me.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Yes they lined up perfectly. I purchased them at Lowes I don't remember the size. I took one of the plastic ones with me.
Ok, thank you.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Hopefully I’ll never have frozen valves again that caused my leak. Installed a GFI outlet in the wet bay and purchased a T stat plug that goes on at 37 off at 50, and a 250W small space heater.
Attached Thumbnails
D32CB10D-610E-4C07-90D4-B2D415343665.jpg   B94D703A-70A1-4296-9557-AFAD87DB35A9.jpg  
Old 12-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #19

I just completed the ^&%$ task of removing the drawers in the rear and then opening the water filter housing. I inserted a set of SS and rubber disks on the top of the housing to bypass the in-coach water filter system. I use an incoming water line filter. I never want to have to mess with the in-coach filter again.

While I was in the space I noted and tightened a number of Pex connectors that were anything but tight from the factory. Afterwards, I turned on the water pump and will wait to see if my wet bay drip leak is fixed.

Water has a tendency to conceal it's origin. I have already taken my manifold out but the ^&%$ thing was built with Pex so short it cannot be fully removed. My drip leak appears to be hiding in that area but I will wait and see with the pump left on to keep the lines pressurized. Time will tell.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
I just completed the ^&%$ task of removing the drawers in the rear and then opening the water filter housing. I inserted a set of SS and rubber disks on the top of the housing to bypass the in-coach water filter system. I use an incoming water line filter. I never want to have to mess with the in-coach filter again.

While I was in the space I noted and tightened a number of Pex connectors that were anything but tight from the factory. Afterwards, I turned on the water pump and will wait to see if my wet bay drip leak is fixed.

Water has a tendency to conceal it's origin. I have already taken my manifold out but the ^&%$ thing was built with Pex so short it cannot be fully removed. My drip leak appears to be hiding in that area but I will wait and see with the pump left on to keep the lines pressurized. Time will tell.
I know, I’m waiting till spring/summer to take it apart. I think if you crawl underneath the compartment and look behind the manifold where the lines come & go, you might be able to disconnect them there and pull out the manifold with a few short pex lines attached to it. I looked at mine and this is what I think I may have to do.