Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2021, 07:00 PM   #1

Water oozing from floor when filling fresh water tank.

I have 2018 Redhawk 22J. This year we found that the floor under the dinette was wet when we filled our fresh water tank at the campground fill station. I was using a pressure regulator while filling. No leaks after filling the tank. After a day i was topping up the fresh water tank using the motorhome water pump and country fill setting, saw water coming out from the same spot inside the rig. The fresh water tank is right below the leaking area.

Tried looking underneath the rig for any signs of water, no drips/ leaks found also the plywood by the tank was dry to touch. Any suggestions as to how to trace the leak source?
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:21 AM   #2

Water on dinette floor

We have a 2019 22j and love it. The fresh water tank has overflow tubes for safety. You might see if they are attached properly on top of tank or somehow got stuck inside floor.with the way these units are built could be improperly installed. We have never had any issue with fw tank. Hope you solve your issue. We have done some mods to our unit, if you are interested contact us....
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #3

cherv sounds correct. I believe the fresh water overflow is your concern.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:32 AM   #4

Mods to our 22j

ADDED PIANO HINGES TO UNDER DINETTE STORAGE LIDS, ADDED 12X48 MIRROR TO INSIDE OF BATHROOM DOOR WITH 3M EXTREME TAPE, BE CAREFULL YOU HAVE ONE SHOT AT POSITIONING MIRROR, STEERING WHEEL WALK AROUND REMINDER PRIOR TO DEPARTURE(PHOTO).BUNK LADDER STORAGE USING GRIP HOOKS FROM Home Depot(PHOTOS).ADDED GENERATOR COMPARTMENT DOOR RETAINERS TO BODY. TOOK PVC PIPE AND CUT IN HALF LENGTH WISE( 4FT) TRAYS FOR SEWER HOSE AT CG.
Attached Thumbnails
GRIP HOOK.jpg   IMG_1449.jpg   LADDER.jpg  
Old 07-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #5

water under dinette

More mods.added shelf in large storage area below the bedroom slide out. (see pictures), shelf is held in with velcro in case you want to remove it. Shelf width is determined by clearence to remove q grill. Shelf used to store propane tanks, fire starters, also bbq kitchen utensils and etc
Attached Thumbnails
Shelf 1.jpg   Shelf 2.jpg   Shelf 3.jpg