Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #1

Water Problem in Greyhawk

Hoping for some help with a problem we created late last night. We have a 2015 Greyhawk 29MV. We had sanitized our fresh tank and were filling it back up. We hooked up the hose to the city fill connection and turned the water on. I noticed that some of the water was running down the side of the RV but I just thought my husband didn't tighten it well enough. Well, about 10 minutes later the tank was not filling so he looked at the utility center and saw where he had it set to the wrong numbers. It obviously was not filling the tank but was sending that water somewhere. I went inside and noticed water was coming out from the bathroom wall into the kitchen/living area, going under the slide. We also saw water dripping from the bottom of the RV about 3 feet left of the City water fill, that was definitely not runoff from the city fill connection. Since the tank wasn't filling, where did all that water go?? The pump and the faucets all work fine. I'm concerned about ruining the sub floor and whatever is below the floor in that area. Anyone have a similar experience.
Craig55901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! I understand the concerns about the subfloor. Most important thing right now is get it drying out. Fans and the AC will pull out a lot of the moisture, but it can take a long time to get it out from under the linoleum.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with your MH, and cannot directly help with were the water was coming from. But if your DH can remember where the valves were set, that could help isolate which systems had water pressure on them.

Might be worth a call to Jayco and ask for the plumbing schematic, you will need your vin number. That and knowing which way the valves were set, may isolate the issue.

hopefully someone with your MH can chime in.

My fear your black tank flush was activated. But usually that has a separate hose connection.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Welcome aboard! I understand the concerns about the subfloor. Most important thing right now is get it drying out. Fans and the AC will pull out a lot of the moisture, but it can take a long time to get it out from under the linoleum.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with your MH, and cannot directly help with were the water was coming from. But if your DH can remember where the valves were set, that could help isolate which systems had water pressure on them.

Might be worth a call to Jayco and ask for the plumbing schematic, you will need your vin number. That and knowing which way the valves were set, may isolate the issue.

Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, my DH cannot remember what the settings were. I called Jayco who sent us the plumbing schematic but it's not a lot of help so far. The Jayco rep recommended we take it to a RV mechanic since we can't access the area of concern. My DH thinks we don't need to worry about it but I disagree.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #4

There is no valve setting that will allow water to run into the RV. There has to be an open line somewhere that is letting the water into the MH. The water line goes directly from the connection on the side of the RV to the water filter under the sink. There's a cover under the sink that can be removed to verify the plumbing between the outside of the RV and the filter. I would start there.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #5

Hi Don, that is very helpful info., thank you! Makes me feel a little better thinking there isn't 20 gallons of water floating around in the RV somewhere. We will look at what you suggested.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post

My fear your black tank flush was activated. But usually that has a separate hose connection.
That was my first thought, but it should be a separate connector.

Does anyone know, isn't the water filter in the bathroom sink area on a Greyhawk? Wondering if the cannister was leaking?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That was my first thought, but it should be a separate connector.

Does anyone know, isn't the water filter in the bathroom sink area on a Greyhawk? Wondering if the cannister was leaking?
Yes, the water filter is below the sink in the bathroom. I had checked the filter when I saw the water leaking but the area under the sink was dry. I wish it had been that simple. Thanks for replying.

Tags
city water connection, water, water problem, wrong water setting