Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #1

Unhappy Water Pump

I have a Jayco 2016 Redhawk 31XL and need to find the water pump location for possible replacement
Anyone know where it is located?
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
MD3

On all of our RV's and toyhaulers the water pump has been inside the wet bay. Sometimes hidden up behind the control/valve panel.

I'd look there first..... sorry not model specific info for you but hopefully a helpful start.

Maybe this will help also :
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...led-47525.html

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #3

Water pump location on 2016 Greyhawk 31FS

My water pump is under the bed towards the front under wood panels. It will definetly be near your water source selector valves.

Hope this helps.

James
2016 31FS Greyhawk.
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

Ours is in the "wet bay". It used to be up beyond the control panel, but once you change it once or twice, you'll make mods to move it to a more easily accessible location. I've probably replaced ours 3 times. We use it almost all the time. We are usually pretty unhappy with campground water pressure and over the last 4 years we average about 9 months a year in the Seneca.

I always carry a spare fresh water pump. Did it on the boat, do it on the Seneca.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #5

I have a 26 ft redhawk 2017 and water pump is located under refrig next to hot water tank. I thought I had a problem with pump so purchased a new one only to learn the problem was not pump but the multi switch panel use to direct water flow.the pump would run continuous as if loss of prime. What happens is the water was being drained out through a partially open in valve. I talk to jayco and dealer both said it was suppose to operate that way. That was bull and after 45 yrs of rving I know how an on demand pump is suppose to work. Bottom line I re plumb the water switch panel and that solved the problem. When you think water is flowing only thru ports 3 and 5 from pump it may also be flowing through a partially open port causing loss of prime.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #6

Meant to add the water valve becomes clogged with ground water used by many parks just like regular untreated ground or well water. These minerals adhere to valve surface causing build up and preventing a tight closure thereby leaking through another port causing the appearance of lack of pump prime. The pump should only run if you open a faucet not all the time as in my case.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:52 AM   #7

when replacing the water pump do you drop the whole unit with metal with all the valves and paper towel holder, or just remove the small panel with the control knobs, since you can not see the pump it self
Old 07-07-2020, 06:24 AM   #8

Not sure how your unit is configured with pump. On the Redhawk the pump is under the refrig. There is a vented panel under the refrig and by removing the panel I can somewhat easily access the pump. which is next to part of the hot water tank. It was not difficult to replace the pump. The original pump just kept running all the time even some times in the middle of night. Jayco said that is the way it is suppose to operate. That's nonsense. A demand pump should only run when drawing water or losing prime. In this case the pump was constantly losing prime due to design. The original pump was not the best available and that is why I replaced it.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
when replacing the water pump do you drop the whole unit with metal with all the valves and paper towel holder, or just remove the small panel with the control knobs, since you can not see the pump it self
We have a 37FS and have traveled extensively in it. Just like when cruising in a boat, there are spare parts that you always carry. One of those is an extra water pump. I probably replace one once a year or so. As far as removing that panel to get to the pump, you want to only do that once. After that, turn the 90 degree connection fittings and make it so that you can replace the pump without removing that panel. I just lowered it down the wall of the utility closet. Attach the electrical wires with wire nuts. I believe it came that way, but if the connection is with a wire crimper, change to wire nuts. Total change time for me is about 20 minutes. 30 if I can't remember where I stored the spare pump. Pumps have a 2 year warranty, so you only purchase 1 spare and then send them in for replacement.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #10

THANKS, I thought you might have to lower the whole thing, just wanted to make sure from those that have done it
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
We have a 37FS and have traveled extensively in it. Just like when cruising in a boat, there are spare parts that you always carry. One of those is an extra water pump. I probably replace one once a year or so. As far as removing that panel to get to the pump, you want to only do that once. After that, turn the 90 degree connection fittings and make it so that you can replace the pump without removing that panel. I just lowered it down the wall of the utility closet. Attach the electrical wires with wire nuts. I believe it came that way, but if the connection is with a wire crimper, change to wire nuts. Total change time for me is about 20 minutes. 30 if I can't remember where I stored the spare pump. Pumps have a 2 year warranty, so you only purchase 1 spare and then send them in for replacement.