Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #1

Question Water pump location-Greyhawk 29MV "C"

Can someone tell me where the 12v water pump is located? 2015 Greyhawk "C" 29 MV model. Not inside, unless under bed, next to electrical panel. Might be under floor, exterior, between frame rails.
Dave T WA State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #2

Easiest way to "find it" would be to turn it on and track down where the noise or sound of the pump is coming from. Could be under the bath vanity behind a removable panel.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #3

It will be close to the water tank. Mine (31SS) was in the bathroom, under the vanity. Darn near impossible to access.
in the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #4

It's under the bed. There's two removable panels and it's under the smaller panel on the front (forward end of the vehicle) of the bed, not the panel that's over the converter.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #5

Don....I believe you are correct. I asked a RV tech at my dealer who happened to have a 2018 29MV in the shop at the time, and via running noise we heard it under the bed. Secondly, Jayco has been very nice about sending me the plumbing diagram for this coach, which seems to confirm location. Now I just have to remove the mattress, raise the plywood platform and then sleuth around the covered area. Not the most convenient for servicing! Once found, I may cut an access hole in the side of the bed platform and then cover that with the panel or something else. Thanks for your post!
Old 07-01-2018, 03:52 AM   #6

Water Pump

Dave T, as noted by Hoppers4 the pump should be under the bed. He and others directed me on our 2016 29MV recently and sure enough that was where it was. I would suggest you have about a 1” deep storage container with you so you can slide it under the screen to clean it out and remove it to check for sediment.
It wasn’t that bad to access. While I had the mattress off I removed the plywood folding section and cut and covered it with some nice indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe’s. Not sure why they left it bare plywood but now it looks better and should keep the mattress in place. Next I’m going to install something to keep it open when we need to get in there. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Dave T, as noted by Hoppers4 the pump should be under the bed. He and others directed me on our 2016 29MV recently and sure enough that was where it was. I would suggest you have about a 1” deep storage container with you so you can slide it under the screen to clean it out and remove it to check for sediment.
It wasn’t that bad to access. While I had the mattress off I removed the plywood folding section and cut and covered it with some nice indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe’s. Not sure why they left it bare plywood but now it looks better and should keep the mattress in place. Next I’m going to install something to keep it open when we need to get in there. Jimmyd
Great ideas Jimmyd! I like the indoor outdoor carpet to help keep mattress in place. Should help with sweating also. Not sure why Jayco didn't install something to hold the bed up when raising to access storage area. Maybe because that area is also accessible from the outside...but I still like your idea! Most all others we have had came with struts to hold the bed up.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:14 AM   #8

Cabinetmaker, our previous coaches also came with struts to hold the bed open. The sidewalls are pretty thin luan plywood which I guess would need added blocking to support the addition of struts. That will be a future project. Take care, Jimmyd
Old 07-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #9

On my 2017 29 MV, it’s under the bathroom vanity behind a removable panel.
rjsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #10

I just use a closet rod to hold the bed up. I attached a metal bracket on the bottom of the bed to hold the upper end of the rod. I also insulated under the bed with 1" styrofoam between the 1 X 2s.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #11

Ditto on what all the guys said. I changed out the water pump (which was easy) and cleaned out all the junk Jayco left in the area. Also gives one a chance to see all the crazy wiring they have in there. Make sure you take a picture of the area just in case someone doesn't pay attention when reconnecting things up.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #12

Hoppers4, insulation under that bed is a good idea. I noticed it had access into the large uninsulated rear cabinet. I may do that as well.
Jimmyd
Old 07-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Hoppers4, insulation under that bed is a good idea. I noticed it had access into the large uninsulated rear cabinet. I may do that as well.
Jimmyd
I just cut styrofoam to fit and taped up the edges to keep it from shedding. I made it tight enough for a friction fit.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #14

Hoppers4, I guess I may just rebuild the bed platform. I’m also considering a different mattress. We had a sleep number in our previous coach and it was nice. Guess I’ll keep all options open.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #15

You might also consider a Costco mattress topper. Makes the mattress usable but makes it harder to raise the bed. I also use a topper on the overhead bunk.

Nothing like totally hijacking a thread huh!
Old 07-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
You might also consider a Costco mattress topper. Makes the mattress usable but makes it harder to raise the bed. I also use a topper on the overhead bunk.

Nothing like totally hijacking a thread huh!
Almost forget about the water pump location.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #17

Well, the pump is where everyone said it would be in my 2015 29MV. I stripped the bed, took the mattress off and raised the plywood deck, which in my case has a piano hinge. Plywood just lays against the upper cabinets (doors were open). Opened the top of the bed platform at the end...that's where the electrical fuse panel is. Also, the inverter is in there, along with a couple of other components. Wiring is a maze. Then I removed the top panel to the right and exposed the water pump. That is also where the multi function valve is mounted, which is accessed from the outside storage door. Wiring is also routed over the top of the pump so I decided to hang wiring from some zip ties.

While mucking around in these areas, I found that some time ago, the first owner had a mouse in residence. Made a nice nest with leaves and shredded paper on the pump side and used the other side for 'deposits.' So considerate! (The access hole through the floor is filled with expanded foam now, so not sure if Mr. mouse got in before that was done. No remains found! And fortunately, no wiring was chewed.)
After getting all that removed I found a disconnected red wire with connector on the pump side which controlled its operation. The wire connector was not holding in the pump socket so now have that taped on.
Then I noticed another bare wire in the other cabinet, which was the circuit to the dinette and couch lights. Was able to push it back into one of the multi wire bundles so it was energized with 12v, and taped that in place. These wire bundles are connected with compression caps, but I don't think the wires were stripped long enough, as the bare one had only 1/4" copper exposed.
So if you ever find a non-working 12v circuit, this might be the culprit and not the fuse.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:17 AM   #18

Dave T, glad you found your pump and were able to get it running. Also good info for anyone having electrical issues and what to look for. Sadly that type of wiring is common even on the high end coaches. As far as the mice go they find an opening and claim the coach as home. Our previous coach had one get in and have it’s babies under our bed. What a mess they made. We never keep food products in lower cabinets because that is where they have plumbing pathways.
Thanks again for the wiring info. Jimmyd