Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2021, 11:23 PM   #21

I had a problem similar to this while winterizing, couldn't get the pump to prime. Problem is there was a kink in the flexible input pump line. It came that way from the factory, so I repositioned the lines with a cable tie.
watchmerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge View Post
Hi All. New here and new owner of a 2022 RedHawk 24B

I have been around motorhomes all my life, but first time owning one. It is only 3 weeks old.

I am not able to get the water pump to pump water. I have the settings on "Normal" with a full tank of water. I WAS able to get it to pump when I first got it, but now, nothing although I can hear the pump. I have tried several things with the complimentary tech line including using the city water pressure to try to help with the prime.

Any ideas? Thanks!
We have a 2021 Red Hawk 24B too. We started having issues with the water pump. I took a look at it and decided to replace it with the USA Made Remco Aquajet RV pump. The factory pump looked like a toy. We like boondocking and a quality pump is a necessity.

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...-3-4-gpm-12vdc
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #23

As an update to this post, we went out this past weekend using city hookup (which was not ever an issue). When I got home, just for giggles, I tried filling the tank up and turning the pump on. It worked..so apparently it did lose its prime but maybe the city hookup helped some for the 4 days we were out?
TheOtherDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #24
MDR

Same issues here on my 27u just had the water pump replaced
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:17 PM   #25

Just returned from maiden voyage on my Entegra Odyssey 24B, same issue. I was able to prime but setting valves to 3-4 while using a funnel and hose to pour water in the city fill.

When filling tank, I set valves to city fill and stop filling when water comes out overflow. Then I set valves to normal. I am thinking this is causing me to lose prime. Perhaps I need to switch valves to normal before I turn off supply...

I am going to look for a kinked hose or loose fitting as soon as we get above freezing again...
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:06 AM   #26

During the first 18 months of using my new 24b I had to clean the screen filter on my water pump 3 times. The pump would run but no water. The filter was clogged with gray plastic shavings that I suspect entered the tank when the waterline holes were drilled in the tank during manufacture. So far so good.
Snoopinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #27

I found a fair amount in my screen as well. Not full by any means, but quite a bit.

No kinks that I could find. I pressurized the lines with 30 PSI air. No leaks.

I removed the filter assembly that is in line with the city fill and put in a 6" irrigation riser. I think I will remove the whole loop of waterpipe as well to eliminate the potential for air lock.

I am in the process of getting the transfer switches, inverter and converter off the floor and may relocate the water pump at that time. I would like 2 more house batteries and this seems like the best place to mount them.

Unfortunately freezing temps keep me from testing the changes at this time.
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
... I would hook up to city water and try and flush out the system, check the screen on the pump filter and clean out the pump. As long as you hear the pump running you know it’s getting a signal to turn on.
x2 The screens would be the FIRST thing I would check in a brand new coach.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #29

Bad Water Pump - Jayco 26M

THought I would post a quick update on my water pump issues. Many thought that it just needed to be primed. I pulled the pump (from a brand new Jayco 26M Class C) and there was zero suction on the intake. I received permission from my dealer to order a new pump from Amazon, replaced the pump and it primed and pressurized in less than 2 mins. Dealer is processing a warranty claim for us. Also worth noting, 2 different screws used to secure the pump. Phillip head on the forward screws, square head on the back screws (where you can’t see them while you are putting them in.)
NitLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #30

Glad you got it repaired. Interesting there was 2 phillips head screws. Everything in these rigs use a #2 square drive.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #31

Glad you fixed the issue. Don’t feel so bad about the screws, they put regular screws to install my shower door/curtain tracks, they all rusted out within a year. I replaced with all stainless, and siliconed the bottom track down while I was at it because I always had water going under it on to the floor, another missed step on my 2019 Redhawk!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:29 AM   #32

Thank you! I had a similar issue yesterday, and your post was spot on!
kenb216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #33

To put an end to this post, it turns out that the proper filling of the grey tank is the key. I turned on the pump, set the valves to city fill, turned on the water supply, opened the faucets and bled the air and then closed them and filled the tank. No issues!
Old 07-16-2022, 04:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge View Post
To put an end to this post, it turns out that the proper filling of the grey tank is the key. I turned on the pump, set the valves to city fill, turned on the water supply, opened the faucets and bled the air and then closed them and filled the tank. No issues!

Really!? I never new filling your “grey tank” had anything to do with the water pump!?
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Really!? I never new filling your “grey tank” had anything to do with the water pump!?
UGGGHHH... Meant FRESH WATER TANK..... You are correct...the "grey tank" has nothing to do with it..
Old 07-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #36

Primed the Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitLion View Post
I had the same issue on day 3 of ownership of a 2022 Redhawk 26M. We attempted to get the pump to prime but it would not. Took it to the dealer and they primed it by putting a water hose on the city outlet and putting a low pressure feed of water with the valves set to "Sanitize/Winterize" which normally draws fluids from the city feed into the pump and through the water lines. Putting the hose on this provides an "assist". I haven't had any issues since.
This was great info. I was thinking my pump was done for when it started to make a loud noise and then when it quit pumping water, was sure I needed a new one. A few moments of priming with the “Sanitize/Winterize” setting and now I am back in business. Thanks!!!
ClassCLady is offline   Reply With Quote