Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #1

Waterpump runs intermittently after faucet is shut off.

Has anyone experienced the waterpump run for 2 to 3 seconds about every 5 minutes after a faucet is turned off? This continues for a couple of hours. I have looked for leaks and there are none. Could it be possible that there is a one water valve that has failed?
Gerry.voer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #2

If you have a outside shower check to see if both valves are turned off.
Route 66 Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #3

Waterpump runs intermittently after faucet is shut off.

Mine does that as well, just not as often. I believe it leaks back into the tank. When the pressure drops below whatever its threshold is, the pump burps to bring it back up.

I would inspect your check valve, to make sure there isn't any debris interfering with it's function. If it can be serviced or replaced I would do so.
Fr8Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #4

You definitely have a leak in your water system.

So you should have a shut off valve just downstream of the pump. Close it and see if the pump turns back on. If it does not you have a leak in your rig some place (I would check the toilet).

If it does you have a leak in your pump and will need to get it replaced eventually.

Ender on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #5

MIne was doing the same thing, even though I had repaired a leak where the switches for directing where the water comes from are. I couldn't find another one (but wow, how would you ever find a pothole leak without tearing the whole wall and floor out?) so I went ahead and replaced the pump, hoping that would fix it. Hasn't done it since.
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:21 PM   #6

I had the same problem last year. It turned out to be the cheap t-valves at the low point drains. They would work their way open just slightly and leak enough water to engage the water pump.

The easy fix is to take a small cable tie and secure them down. It has worked so far. I have a seal kit to replace both the hot and cold valve guts, but just haven't got around to it yet.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #7

My 2017 Greyhawk developed that problem. We would be sleeping at night and then hear the pump cycle to build pressure. This would happen over and over at random times.

No leaks anywhere so I opted to just replace the pump myself rather than taking it in for service and having it sit for months. Problem never returned. I assumed that the internal pressure was leaking past a seal which would trigger it to build pressure.

Purchased on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #8

One could alternatively turn off the power to the pump when not in use.
Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry.voer View Post
Has anyone experienced the waterpump run for 2 to 3 seconds about every 5 minutes after a faucet is turned off? This continues for a couple of hours. I have looked for leaks and there are none. Could it be possible that there is a one water valve that has failed?
Odds are that there is a leak someplace.

Mine ended up being the filter / strainer by the water pump itself. It had worked its way loose.

What a pain to get in to retighten.

Rather than have it wake me up, I turned off the pump at night until I could figure out the fix.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #10

It is definently a leak, now where. Start with the easy items. Fist if you have not seen any water, under sinks and the like move on. Outside shower faucets have done this to me many times. The low point drain has too. Look outside for signs of moisture. Both check valves, city water connection, check for moisture. The pump is nearly impossible to tell if it is leaking past. Check the pump screen housing. Also the pressure relief for the water heater.

Next comes the hard things to look for. Such as pipe fittings, and that just thanks snooping.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote