Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2018, 04:51 AM   #21

Valve extenders for the tires. Running tpms caps.

Had several spots where very minor surface rust was forming. Mainly on parts of the frame that are modified. Also on the steel storage compartments. That was one drawback of Redhawk vs gh. Gh has molded compartments.
Loose wires was not a big issue at all but there were a few here and there. Main thing is to just check everything to make sure it's good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torker2 View Post
Thanks for the tips and info!
What valve extenders are you referring to?
Where did you have rust already!?!?
Did you have issues with loose wires under the coach?
biggdave92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #22

Congrats on your purchase, we just took delivery on our 25T this past Tuesday! Had to leave it at the dealer some minor issues. it’s our third coach so we know how it goes. Just make sure you look over everything before you except delivery!

As soon as we get our coach back we are installing a Roadmaster steering damper on it to improve the Jride even more. Also looking to install the equalizer leveling system, and solar ours did not come with it. I’ll let you know how it goes and please do the same.

John
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
we are installing a Roadmaster steering damper on it to improve the Jride even more.
Did this a few weeks ago. I can say it definitely helps while driving around in the city. Nice that the wheel now comes back to center after taking a corner. I don't think it has enhanced the handling on the highway at all.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
Did this a few weeks ago. I can say it definitely helps while driving around in the city. Nice that the wheel now comes back to center after taking a corner. I don't think it has enhanced the handling on the highway at all.

After 19,000 miles of not having one, I recently installed a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer on my 2017 Greyhawk 29W E450 and it went from a two hand, white knuckle wrestling match to a one handed, no hassle driving pleasure while on the highway and also with big trucks passing by, as well. A major reduction in steering wheel play while it enhanced the handling !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #25

Typ”O” we have a Redhawk 25R
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
After 19,000 miles of not having one, I recently installed a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer on my 2017 Greyhawk 29W E450 and it went from a two hand, white knuckle wrestling match to a one handed, no hassle driving pleasure while on the highway and also with big trucks passing by, as well. A major reduction in steering wheel play while it enhanced the handling !!
I never had this issue, probably why I haven't seen any change to highway driving.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #27

Congrats! We have had a Melbourne 24k for about a year and have already put 20,000 miles on it. Perfect size for the two of us and we love it! Only cons are the noise levels and the Fusion Radio has never worked right. (I hear they replaced Fusion for 2019) Great gas mileage on the Mercedes Diesel Engine! Enjoy!

2018 Melbourne 24k
jwheibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #28

Congrats and enjoy!!!
gayefromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #29

Store it in a covered area to preserve it
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #30

Nice Floorplan, I don't remember seeing that in 2016...anyway congrats. Seems like a great time of year to order as the factory is not as busy now. We love the equalizers on our Greyhawk and we added slide toppers after the purchase. Don't second guess your decision as is natural especially when everyone has opinions. Just do your homework about your rig. WAtch you tube, check the specifications and brands of appliances etc while you wait and for the pre delivery inspection here is a cool checklist I used.

RV Inspection Checklist

They also have pre trip,set up etc checklists so you don't do anything dumb like drive into a tree with your awning out...lol
Baldfacemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #31

Quote:
I never had this issue, probably why I haven't seen any change to highway driving.
Ours drives great also...haven't needed anything done to alignment or added gizmos. Our Greyhawk is by far one of the best handling motorhomes we have owned.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:31 PM   #32

Smile Congratulations

Congrats, we have a 2018 31XL and the only addition we had the dealer do was install the automatic leveling jacks. Well worth the price. I have installed a permanent surge suppressor but you could also do with a portable one. Happy traveling.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggdave92 View Post
We picked up our new 2018 Redhawk 25r about a month ago. Ours has factory levelers also. I negotiated a slide topper, max air fan above bed, and valve extenders into the deal. I believe 2019 comes with a slide topper. As far as tips, do a thorough inspection before signing. The water heater bypass is behind the removable grill under the fridge. First time I tried to use hot water I had to figure that out. There is also a water cut off under sink in bathroom. Go over every seam on the exterior to make sure they didn't miss anything. Also go underneath the coach to inspect for loose wires, raw edges that need to be sealed from water. I used silicone cualk to make my storage compartments water tight. I also removed, cleaned, and made sure all exterior lights were sealed properly. Including clearance lights on top. Also bought some black rust paint and hit some areas that rust was starting to form under the coach to try to get ahead of the game. The caulk jayco uses on the exterior is OSI quad white. Have our first quick trip lined up next month to make sure all systems are go. Enjoy!
We have 2 taillights on our Grayhawk that are leaking due to cracked sealant. I noticed you said you removed them for cleaning. How did you do that? My husband claims that they can’t be removed. Also, what kind of sealant did you use and how did you apply it? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but this will be our first attempt at sealing anything on our rig.
Mcspaho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcspaho1 View Post
We have 2 taillights on our Grayhawk that are leaking due to cracked sealant. I noticed you said you removed them for cleaning. How did you do that? My husband claims that they can’t be removed. Also, what kind of sealant did you use and how did you apply it? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but this will be our first attempt at sealing anything on our rig.
The clear lens covers on my taillights would get moisture in them. You can remove them via 4 screws. Once removed it has a foam seal that is supposed to keep it dry. The issue with mine was the screws were too long so it wasn't pulling the lens down tight on the seal. I removed the screws and ground the down on the bench grinder. Probably took 1/8" off. Nice and tight now.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #35

Thank you! This sounds exactly like the problem we are having. Condensation is getting in there and the bulb keeps blowing!
Mcspaho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #36

Not sure what taillights you guys have. Jayco must have changed to LED recently because ours doesn’t have a removable cover? No condensation problem because it’s a sealed unit.
Attached Thumbnails
3FEDD372-9F03-4C05-B478-77EBC154E8C2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #37

What gets me is that they look like some high school learn to solder led kit.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #38

Quote:
What gets me is that they look like some high school learn to solder led kit.
Ha! X2...but they are bright as can be and LED’s are supposed to last longer. We shall see. So far so good.

I noticed my marker lights are different also.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #39

These are the lights on my 18' 25rClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181104_123806.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	45342
Old 07-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torker2 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just posting because of our excitement!
We pulled the trigger on the weekend and factory ordered a 2019 Redhawk 25R with the outdoor kitchen.

Anyone else on here with a 25R that has any comments/tips etc?

My wife and I are so happy with the purchase as this is our first Class C.
Going from a popup camper right into this.
We are not retired yet (late 40's) but hope with proper care this until will take us into retirement.
How are you enjoying this? I am looking to buy a 2020 with the oven and leveling jacks. How has it been with the corner bed?
Dreinig65 is offline   Reply With Quote