Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #1

We did it! 2019 Redhawk 25R factory order

Hi Everyone,
Just posting because of our excitement!
We pulled the trigger on the weekend and factory ordered a 2019 Redhawk 25R with the outdoor kitchen.

Anyone else on here with a 25R that has any comments/tips etc?

My wife and I are so happy with the purchase as this is our first Class C.
Going from a popup camper right into this.
We are not retired yet (late 40's) but hope with proper care this until will take us into retirement.
Torker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Redhawk! We don't own one but I'm sure others on here do and can give you plenty of tips and info. Also, remember that a lot of the systems are the same as in other Jaycos ( and other makes) whether they are Class A, B C 5th wheels or TT. Enjoy and keep us updated on the Redhawk!

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar RviBrake3
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #3

Congrats on the new rig!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #4

Congrats! Hope your wait time goes quickly.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #5

Congratulations on the Redhawk.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torker2 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just posting because of our excitement!

We pulled the trigger on the weekend and factory ordered a 2019 Redhawk 25R with the outdoor kitchen.

Anyone else on here with a 25R that has any comments/tips etc?

My wife and I are so happy with the purchase as this is our first Class C.

Going from a popup camper right into this.

We are not retired yet (late 40's) but hope with proper care this until will take us into retirement.

Congratulations on your new purchase. Totally enjoy !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #7

Congratulations!! That looks like a great floor plan. Longer wheelbase on that size motorhome should provide very good ride and handling. Please keep us posted.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #8

Very nice choice! I don't see why this Jayco Class C won't take you way past retirement. We have several on here with Jayco class C's from the 1990's and still going strong.

Your going to love traveling and camping in a Class C. Best of everything in a comfortable, easy to handle, easy to service, easy to maintain package. It won't break the bank doing it either.

We love our Jayco Class C. Probably the best and our favorite rv we have ever owned and we have had several of every type and make you can think of. Just does everything so well and more.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:24 AM   #9

Congrats! I am a fellow owner of a 2018 25R. We absolutely love this rig and purchased due to the unique layout. I have done quite a bit to bring it up to my expectation level. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #10

Did your purchase price include prep fee cost or was it included in the invoice from jayco. I have been lead to believe prep is a requirement by JAYCO without a fee to the customer. TYPICAL FEE IS 295 TO UNKNOWING CUSTOMERS...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Did your purchase price include prep fee cost or was it included in the invoice from jayco. I have been lead to believe prep is a requirement by JAYCO without a fee to the customer. TYPICAL FEE IS 295 TO UNKNOWING CUSTOMERS...
Any fees charged by the dealer are dealer markups and ways to increase profits. They should not charge for prep period! Find another dealer.

You should be able to negotiate the price considerably below MSRP and have all extras you want included in the final price. 25-35% off the factory msrp is not difficult or out of the ordinary to get. We got 35% off ours by buying a 2018 that had just arrived but was one of the last 2018’s before 2019’s started showing up. Time of year helps if you can wait. Buying in February or March you will be able to negotiate easier because it’s the end of the model year and coming off winter slow sales. Most dealers are anxious to move inventory to make way for newer models in spring.

Camping season is the hardest to get a good deal but still not impossible. All it takes is some research and a few negotiating skills. A little work could save you thousands. This applies to purchasing any RV and any make or model.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #12

I did not pay a separate "prep fee"

As Cabinetmaker said, I shopped around and ended up purchasing from a dealer 1400 miles away in March this past year. Very clear pricing, and way cheaper than any other 25R in the country at the time.
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Any fees charged by the dealer are dealer markups and ways to increase profits. They should not charge for prep period! Find another dealer.

You should be able to negotiate the price considerably below MSRP and have all extras you want included in the final price. 25-35% off the factory msrp is not difficult or out of the ordinary to get. We got 35% off ours by buying a 2018 that had just arrived but was one of the last 2018’s before 2019’s started showing up. Time of year helps if you can wait. Buying in February or March you will be able to negotiate easier because it’s the end of the model year and coming off winter slow sales. Most dealers are anxious to move inventory to make way for newer models in spring.

Camping season is the hardest to get a good deal but still not impossible. All it takes is some research and a few negotiating skills. A little work could save you thousands. This applies to purchasing any RV and any make or model.

X2 - Cabinetmaker is right. I sold RVs for a few years after retirement from my own businesses. A 25% discount is very common and 35% can be had with the right negotiation. The right time of year and near new model year will also be in your favor.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #14

No prep fee on my invoice and dealership told me there will not be one.
There is however a tire enviro levy of $22.50 CND

We did negotiate about 25% lower than MSRP and remember I am in Canada and this was a factory order with auto leveling jacks so I think I made out pretty good.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torker2 View Post
No prep fee on my invoice and dealership told me there will not be one.
There is however a tire enviro levy of $22.50 CND

We did negotiate about 25% lower than MSRP and remember I am in Canada and this was a factory order with auto leveling jacks so I think I made out pretty good.
We picked up our new 2018 Redhawk 25r about a month ago. Ours has factory levelers also. I negotiated a slide topper, max air fan above bed, and valve extenders into the deal. I believe 2019 comes with a slide topper. As far as tips, do a thorough inspection before signing. The water heater bypass is behind the removable grill under the fridge. First time I tried to use hot water I had to figure that out. There is also a water cut off under sink in bathroom. Go over every seam on the exterior to make sure they didn't miss anything. Also go underneath the coach to inspect for loose wires, raw edges that need to be sealed from water. I used silicone cualk to make my storage compartments water tight. I also removed, cleaned, and made sure all exterior lights were sealed properly. Including clearance lights on top. Also bought some black rust paint and hit some areas that rust was starting to form under the coach to try to get ahead of the game. The caulk jayco uses on the exterior is OSI quad white. Have our first quick trip lined up next month to make sure all systems are go. Enjoy!
biggdave92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #16

Oh yeah,put a good coat of wax on the front cab overhang. Or even better, just go ahead and wax the whole thing. I bought some spray on stuff called McKees sio2 pearl. Going to see how that works.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #17

I do everything OTD. No surprises at the end.

Take the Jayco MSRP reduce 38%, add tax and dmv fees calculated from your dmv website and start negotiating from there.

I dont care what the contract says for fees, they can make them what ever they want, I'm only interested in the final OTD price.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
I do everything OTD. No surprises at the end.

Take the Jayco MSRP reduce 38%, add tax and dmv fees calculated from your dmv website and start negotiating from there.

I dont care what the contract says for fees, they can make them what ever they want, I'm only interested in the final OTD price.
Agreed, bottom line is what matters.
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
billjmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #19

i paid about 33% off factory invoice OTD. 2018 25R
Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #20

Few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggdave92 View Post
We picked up our new 2018 Redhawk 25r about a month ago. Ours has factory levelers also. I negotiated a slide topper, max air fan above bed, and valve extenders into the deal. I believe 2019 comes with a slide topper. As far as tips, do a thorough inspection before signing. The water heater bypass is behind the removable grill under the fridge. First time I tried to use hot water I had to figure that out. There is also a water cut off under sink in bathroom. Go over every seam on the exterior to make sure they didn't miss anything. Also go underneath the coach to inspect for loose wires, raw edges that need to be sealed from water. I used silicone cualk to make my storage compartments water tight. I also removed, cleaned, and made sure all exterior lights were sealed properly. Including clearance lights on top. Also bought some black rust paint and hit some areas that rust was starting to form under the coach to try to get ahead of the game. The caulk jayco uses on the exterior is OSI quad white. Have our first quick trip lined up next month to make sure all systems are go. Enjoy!
Thanks for the tips and info!
What valve extenders are you referring to?
Where did you have rust already!?!?
Did you have issues with loose wires under the coach?