Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #21

Just a heads up. According to what I read in the 2016 Greyhawk manual you must turn off the pump switch at the location that you turned it on at. I’m not sure but it seems like that would make each switch wired to the pump separately. Does that make any sense? If you add more switches to the wet Bay or bathroom do you need to get special switches? Please let us know how this works.
Thanks, Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:00 AM   #22

We have the water pump switch in the "west bay" and it always comes on when filling through "City Fill". Part of the routine is to hook up to hose, turn to "City Fill", turn off pump, fill until coming out overflow, turn back to "Normal" (3-5 on our Seneca) and turn the pump back on when complete.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #23

Mine is an MV (not Prestige) and there is no water pump switch in the bathroom.

I discovered the switch in the outside shower quite by accident. I had accidentally turned it on and couldn't figure out why it was still on. I discovered that switch pretty quick as there are only a few places it could be, and I knew there had to be another switch somewhere.

We use our outside shower probably more than most, but not what I would call a lot. So a switch there is kind of nice. It would be a lot nicer if there were also a switch in the bathroom and one in the wet bay.

I haven't figured out how I will wire up additional switches yet, but I'll be sure to post up how I did it when I eventually do it. Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking illuminated momentary rockers and relays, but I'll have to figure that out...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #24

Mine has 3 switch locations, outside shower, bathroom, control panel. Each one are independent of each other. If you leave one turned on, it must be shut off at that location.
in the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #25

Hooking up water in CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Whe would it be on if you are on city water (normal)?
Sometimes when you pull into a CG, you go to hookup the city water and you forget that you were traveling with the normal setting and the pump turned on in case you needed to use the bathroom or kitchen sink. 😎
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #26

Went to motorhome today and found the lost water pump switch that is hidden in the outside shower. Thanks again Bobby B for the head up! I never would have found it until this winter when I do my cold weather preparation.
Attached Thumbnails
BFF70B28-5FB6-495B-840E-D6CC6FA03010.jpg   4CF3E0D8-0D55-4401-ABBA-F87C8DAD9840.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #27

Your welcome cabinetmaker
Bobby B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #28
Site Team

I'll be very happy when someone invents a better outside shower box. They all seem to small for what all is crammed into it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I'll be very happy when someone invents a better outside shower box. They all seem to small for what all is crammed into it.
A bit bigger would be better, IMO.

We don't use ours as often as I thought we might (washing the dog, rinsing feet, etc.). I'm considering removing the hose & shower head and just storing them until they are needed.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:44 AM   #30

I have encounter the same problem with the pump running continually. I even replaced the pump in the my 2017 Redhawk and new one does the same. Thought perhaps the back flow valve inside pump had a problem. I determine the problem is the manifold or valve selection installed there by Jayco. I camp mostly in state parks and the water supply is directly from the ground instead of a city supply. Jayco in their stupidity must have thought everyone camps in a private park with city water supplied to the park which is cleaner. My problem was determine to be build of residues inside the manifold valve such that when I thought the valves were in the normal position they were in fact partially in another position as well. Removal of the manifold and cleaning corrected the problem. Personally I think the manifold is a bad idea and Jayco should have installed separate valves for each position. Or Jayco should have included a water softener at the inlet to prevent build of ground water impurities. I hope they are reading these post. Of course this would reduce their profit by a tiny fraction of a percent.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #31

Was your hot water heater full?
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #32

Water pump switch

I noticed that with our 2018 redhawk and found that i just needed to flip our outside switch at manifold and all was good. And that our switch works like having two switches for same light, they reverse switch positions and sometimes inside switch is on while in normal off position, then i have to go outside and turn off outside switch that maybe got bumped and switched over again. Learning new things all the time. 😁
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Last night, I went to put some water in my fresh tank and something weird happened. I had the water pump turned on, and the manifold was switched to "normal". I connected my water hose and then turned the manifold to "city fill", and the water pump started pumping? I turned on the water at the spigot so the fresh tank would fill, and the pump continued running? I went inside and checked for any open spigots and found none, the outside shower was right above my head, so I know it was off.

So, where was the pump pumping water to/from?

I've been thinking about it, and the only thing I could come up with is that perhaps when I turned the valves to "city fill", the system lost pressure? And the pump was trying then to pressurize my city hose? But then why would it continue to run while I was filling the tank?

I don't know... a real mystery... ideas?
We just started to have the same problem, eagle, 1 1/2 yrs old
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #34

[QUOTE=Camper_bob;668860]Last night, I went to put some water in my fresh tank and something weird happened. I had the water pump turned on, and the manifold was switched to "normal". I connected my water hose and then turned the manifold to "city fill", and the water pump started pumping? I turned on the water at the spigot so the fresh tank would fill, and the pump continued running? I went inside and checked for any open spigots and found none, the outside shower was right above my head, so I know it was off.

So, where was the pump pumping water to/from?

I've been thinking about it, and the only thing I could come up with is that perhaps when I turned the valves to "city fill", the system lost pressure? And the pump was trying then to pressurize my city hose? But then why would it continue to run while I was filling the tank?

I don't know... a real mystery... ideas?[/QUOT

I know i have to turn off my pump and have it on city fill to fill the tank. Then turn it to normal then i can turn the pump back on. If i have it on city fill with the pump on it shoots water right back out from where i just filled.
Zeecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #35

If pump is on it will run when pressure drops no matter what position manifold is set at. So solution is, turn it off when not set in normal position for pumping from fresh water tank.
Usmade56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #36

Hot water tank full and all lines pressurized. When I wait for 30 or 40 minutes and then turn on faucet or flush toilet pump started making noise as if it was trying to prime. I found the problem, which is when the valve in in the 3, 5 positiion for normal it is also partially in another position as well causing the pump to lose prime. This is due to build up of deposits inside valves causing poor sealing. This comes from ground water. We camp primarily in state parks unless on the road going longer distances. In over 40 years we have owned two 5th wheels, two travel trailers, one popup. Non of the previous units had this multi valve selection like Jayco. Probably works ok if you camp in public parks operating on city water supply which is free of a lot of the residues of calcium, magnesium, iron and others found in well or ground water. When the season is over I plan to install individual valve for each position. At first I thought the problem was the pump. I replace the pump and same problem. Then I removed the valve and looked inside each port. All were filled with deposits from the ground water. Unfortunately state parks do not have a water softener or purifier on their water lines.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #37

I forgot to say because we camp mostly in state parks. Over the course of the summer I usually replace the anode rod in the water heater at least 4X due to the crappy ground water in many parks. Fortunately we do not drink the water just use bottle water. This build up on the anode rods is exactly the same stuff that adheres to surface of the multi position valve causing poor sealing in between positions. Jayco did not realize this could happen. I talk with the customer service and they had no clue. Not sure how they manage to manufacture the RV without help perhaps from China or someplace.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #38

water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
The "normal" position on the manifold is for running off the on-board fresh tank using the pump. There is also a "City Fill" position which is when you want to use the "city" water pressure to fill the fresh tank (this is what I was doing, and I was doing it because I wanted to use that hose for something else). Then there is "City fixtures" which is when you want to run just off city water, and "Country fill" when you want the pump to actually pull water INTO the fresh tank from a hose on your water inlet.

I was in the "city fill" position putting water into my fresh tank, and I just can't figure out why the pump would run.

I'm glad that at least I'm not the only one though!
read the manual?
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #39
Lost in the Woods

I had a strange experience with my 2005 Greyhawk. I filled the tanks at the house before taking a trip. Then set it back to normal use. While on the trip, the pump would not work. I had no water. I checked the fuses and they were Ok. For two days we used bottled water. Then on the third day, I stopped to dump before coming back home and filled the fresh water tank, which did not take any water at all. But my wife was inside cleaning the toilet and I heard the pump come on. She said it just began to work when she hit the flush lever.
It still works fine.
Now since reading the other comments here, I wonder if I had turned the pump off at the clean out panel. I do remember running the shower while cleaning out the waste tanks.
Could I have inadvertently turned it off. Then back on when I did the clean out?
1SG Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #40

Ok guys, i’ve had the same problem and took it to my Jayco dealer for service. He couldn’t find anything wrong but suggested i shut the water spigot before changing settings on the board. Then turn spigot back on after settings changed. No more problems.

Try it and please let me know if this works for you too.. Bobbie
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote