Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #1

What am I doing wrong?

I have a 2017 37rb. Today I tried to figure out which breaker the fridge is on. Since what's written on the panel is not accurate I thought I could turn each breaker off one at a time while my wife watched for the light to go out, never happened. I am in a campground hooked up to shore power and I did not try the breakers on the inverter side. What am I missing???

Thanks
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
I have a 2017 37rb. Today I tried to figure out which breaker the fridge is on. Since what's written on the panel is not accurate I thought I could turn each breaker off one at a time while my wife watched for the light to go out, never happened. I am in a campground hooked up to shore power and I did not try the breakers on the inverter side. What am I missing???

Thanks
You do have a Norcold, correct? Your refrigerator's control circuits run on 12-volts, the 120-volt feature is just a heater that makes the absorption refrigeration process function, as does the propane flame when AC current is not available.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #3

Robbbyr ‘s right! Switch to 12 volt (dc) only and then pull the dc fuses!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #4

You will have a 120-volt AC breaker associated with your refrigerator feeding an outlet located in the lower outside refrigerator access area. This circuit provides current for the refrigerator's 120-volt components that operate the heating element the refrigerator can operate on and also power certain icemaker components. You may have already found out that the unit will not make ice if operating when you are not plugged in or not running the generator. This refrigerator outlet may be on a circuit with other items (outlets) also part of the same circuit.

If the refrigerator controls are on "Auto" and you are plugged into shore power, the refrigerator will be running the refrigeration process on AC. When it is working this way you could shut off the breakers one at a time, and when the correct circuit is shut off the refrigerator should switch over "LP" (propane) operation.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #5

A/C

What Rob said or turn your control from auto to A/C and then it will show an error when you flip the breaker Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #6

Thanks guys! but where is the 12 volt connection to my fridge. I see two cords in back one for the fridge and one for the ice maker.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
Thanks guys! but where is the 12 volt connection to my fridge. I see two cords in back one for the fridge and one for the ice maker.
I have attached a couple of pictures depicting my fridge, your should look similar provided you still have the original Norcold unit installed.

The first picture shows the red and white small-gauge wires that are my 12-volt supply, red being positive (+) and white being the ground (-). The 120-volt AC supply wiring is a much larger white "zip cord" style wire with three conductors.

The second picture shows where that 120-volt AC cord is plugged into the receptacle mounted on the forward wall of the refrigerator compartment.

I hope that helps you identify your wiring!
Attached Thumbnails
Norcold wiring identified.jpg   Refrigerator AC receptacle.jpg