Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #1

What kind of ceramic toilet.

Went out for a couple days last week and my wife has been saying she is not a big fan of the toilet in our 2021 30z model. I know there has been some discussion on here about ceramic toilets but can’t seem to locate it. I was looking at the Dometic 320 Ceramic Toilet on Amazon. After reading the reviews and comments I’m not sure this is the one I want or not. From what I am reading there’s no parts available for this model. If the pedal or some other parts breaks you have to buy a new toilet. This doesn't sound to good to me. What do you folks recommend for a ceramic toilet?
Thanks, Barry
Old 05-16-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Team

I have not heard of a parts shortage. We swapped out our Thetford for a Dometic 310 years ago and I have never yet had to order a part for it. My wife wanted that model. One day I'll get the elongated bowl 320.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel View Post
Went out for a couple days last week and my wife has been saying she is not a big fan of the toilet in our 2021 30z model. I know there has been some discussion on here about ceramic toilets but can’t seem to locate it. I was looking at the Dometic 320 Ceramic Toilet on Amazon. After reading the reviews and comments I’m not sure this is the one I want or not. From what I am reading there’s no parts available for this model. If the pedal or some other parts breaks you have to buy a new toilet. This doesn't sound to good to me. What do you folks recommend for a ceramic toilet?
Thanks, Barry
We had a ceramic Thetford in our Grand Design 5th wheel. It worked fine. We had to replace the vacuum breaker on the back of it. The entire kit of parts, everything, including a new floor gasket because it's easier to remove the toilet, repair it, and put it back cost $26 at camping world. Now we have a Dometic 310 in our Cougar. It's ceramic also, but has a round bowl. Not real conducive to male plumbing. I'll be replacing it this fall with a Dometic 320. Same toilet but has elongated bowl. I just bought a spare flushing valve that's located behind the pedal, Amazon has it for about $35.

I think both brands worked well, and parts are available. Make sure you measure for the proper set back.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel View Post
Thanks, Barry
Here is a video that may be helpful.

Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:30 PM   #5

I swapped out my OEM Plastic toilet for the Dometic 320. It's been several years now and I haven't needed any parts. Easy swap a nd the new fixture is much more "Home like"

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:44 AM   #6

What kind of ceramic toilet.

The Dometic 320 is longer in back so make sure you have the room. We love our 310.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #7

The Dometic 320 is longer in back so make sure you have the room.

The video I posted shows how to measure to ensure it will fit.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #8

st change I made before using stock toilet was to put in the Dometic 320. No regrets. Works fine. Flapper seal needed to be replaced after winter storage and it took about 2 minutes to complete job. Like the added height and elongated bowl. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:05 PM   #9

Aqua Magic

Try the Thetford Aqua Magic II.

It works well with many replacement parts available on Amazon.
gjkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:10 AM   #10

My fifth wheel had the Thetford Aqua Magic Style II in it from the factory. That original one failed just prior to the 2 year warranty expiring so I got #2 (no pun intended). The second one failed when the almost complete flush mechanism literally fell apart after approx 4 years in service. Putting that flush pedal back on after removal was such an experience the first time I had to do it, I just replaced the entire toilet. I'm now on #3 (I can't think of a pun here) and was not convinced of it's longevity. I looked at other models, but the back clearance is a problem in my installation. About that time Camping World had a great sale on the Style II, tall, bone just like the one I had and half price. So I bought it and put in on a shelf in my garage. About 3 years ago now the same failure as the previous 2 units happened so I put my half price one in service. so that means I'm now on 4 units in 11 years full time use.

I don't have a spare on the shelf at the moment, but I'm looking for a good sale. I just don't believe the Style II is durable enough for full time use.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:34 AM   #11

Aqua Magic

I did see on Amazon that you purchase the complete lower unit base which just excludes the bowl. That's my path if I have issues.
gjkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkids View Post
I did see on Amazon that you purchase the complete lower unit base which just excludes the bowl. That's my path if I have issues.
This is exactly what I did with my Style 2. Instead of purchasing separate parts for it, I just purchased the whole bottom of the unit and set the bowl on the top. 3 years now on the new bottom so far and good to go. Fyi, my original Style 2 bottom lasted 6 years and the reason I replaced the bottom was because the foot flush spring had worn out.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #13

Purchased a Dometic 320 on Amazon a couple weeks ago. It took a while to get here. Upon opening the box I found the whole upper part of the ceramic was broken off. The box wasn’t damaged so it must have been one that someone returned after dropping it. I returned that one for a refund and got one at my local Camper World. It was a little more expensive but not broken.

I installed it today. Fairly easy to do. Just had to add a elbow in the water line to make everything line up properly. Seems to work great. We’ll find out as we’re taking a trip to San Francisco in a few weeks..
Old 06-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I swapped out my OEM Plastic toilet for the Dometic 320. It's been several years now and I haven't needed any parts. Easy swap a nd the new fixture is much more "Home like"
I think I jinxed myself here... During a trip this weekend the bowl stopped holding water. I understand that is a very easy fix with the ball seal BUT, I developed a leak at the base where it meets the floor. I pulled the toilet when I got home and apparently there is a leak between the bottom of the bowl and the base where they meet. Didn't have time to dig in to it but will let you know what I find when I get a closer look at it.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have not heard of a parts shortage. We swapped out our Thetford for a Dometic 310 years ago and I have never yet had to order a part for it. My wife wanted that model. One day I'll get the elongated bowl 320.
Just replace aqua magic V with Dometic 320 elongated porcelain toilet, in my 2021 Jayco Melbourne 24L. So far so good
He82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #16

I have a 320 for just shy of 2 years. It has the hand sprayer. The plastic ball part the seals/ flush valve is starting to delaminate. Kind of like pealing skin from a sun burn. It is still under warranty and Dominic says I need to replace the whole toilet. I would have been happy with parts. Now I have to take the toilet to a listed service center/ RV dealer for the warranty exchange. I got it from Amazon and they are hands off on this
MQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM   #17

My understanding is that Dometic does not sell parts for the toilets for some reason. We bought a 320 and installed it last week. Fit right in where it was supposed to go. I did have to add an elbow to the water line to make things line up a little. I like the elongated bowl. We have had the elongated bowl in our house ever since we had to rebuild after hurricane Ike. That hurricane really took a tool on our house!
Old 06-05-2021, 08:02 PM   #18

Our 2020 fifth wheel came with the Dometic 320, which has been fine. One “upgrade” I did a few months ago was to replace the cheap plastic toilet seat with a much nicer wooden one that has the “slow close” lid and seat. Crazy as it sounds, made a big difference in throne comfort!
Old 06-05-2021, 09:11 PM   #19

I have had the Dometic 320 Series Standard Height Toilet, Bone on two motorhomes and never had a problem. More importantly, my wife loved them!
Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #20

Our 2011 Eagle came with a ceramic toilet, and it was as good as new 10 years later. And we wintered in that so it was our home for a total of nearly three years. It was the round Bowl, I don't know if they have an elongated one available but if you have the room that's the way I would go
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote