Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #1

What wash/wax products do you use?

Getting ready to give our new Greyhawk 31FK its first clean up before we head out on our first big 11 day trip to Myrtle Beach and Charlotte Motor Speedway next week. I was wondering what every uses for washing the exterior? I used to use simple green on the exterior of our old motorhome (1989), but that stuff is a bit harsh and I don't want to mess up the vinyl graphics of the Greyhawk.

I probably won't have time to wax it, but any recommendations there?

Also any tips or tricks are always appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
-------------------------
2016 Greyhawk 31FK
Columbus, Ohio
RaceChaser0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:18 AM   #2

Thumbs up

I use Gel-Gloss RV Wash & Wax and have been very happy with this product. It's available at most RV supply stores. It's a little pricey but goes a long way.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #3

I use the same car wash soap and long-handled soft-bristle brush as I use on the cars.

DuPont's Rain Dance is my favorite finish, but it is a royal pain to apply!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #4

I use Gel Gloss Wash & Wax when I wash it. When camping I do a section at a time with Liquid Glass, this is the same polish I use on my cars. Excellent in my opinion. Amazon.com: Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish - 16 oz.: Automotive
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #5

I use a product called "Spray Power" by Crown not diluted, to remove any black streaks and bugs off the front. The bugs just slide right off. I hate to wash and wax, so I use a Meguiar's all in one car wash and wax. It works ok, You do not get that good bead-up that a good wax provides. but I typically wash after every two trips unless the bugs are really bad. So I figure its good enough.

I just bought this week a Meguiar's Paint Protect, I think I will give it a try in a few weeks. Can't wash or wax right now, just tilled and seeded the yard next to the HTT.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:53 PM   #6

I use Meguiars Black Products Exclusively. I have a personal mental detailing problem, so, I use their car wash, then their cleaner wax, then their carnuba final wax. After this, I wash as needed and finish with the quick detailer until no more beads appear from lack of wax, then start over. You can adjust to your level of this disease, but I really like this line of their products as they work well together and the cost is average in comparison. Polish on!!
Old 05-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #7

I'm using the same stuff that I use on the plane; Aero-Glide. One step clean/wax product which cleans, shines and improves aerodynamics. LOL, not sure that will improve mileage. Actually, it works great on the plane's Imron finish and makes it much easier to remove insects and bugs on both the coach and aircraft.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #8

I had tried a few different "RV" products on my painted Seneca and didn't care for them. -Ended up using what I do on my show car and daily drivers: Chemical Guys CWS_301_16 Citrus Wash and Gloss. It sudses up really nicely and the glossing agent will give you a nice, just-waxed appearance for several weeks. I washed mine about 6 weeks ago, and although it's been on a two 100-mile trips and one 800-mile trip since then, even with being filthy and covered in bugs, it 'appears' to be shiny.

I also use Chemical Guys Bare Bones TVD_104_16 on the rear wheel wells and especially the tires. -Not one who likes the glossy or 'wet' tire look, this stuff makes my tires look deep black and lasts for months without slinging or getting gooped up with road grime.

I plan on also using their JetSeal sealant towards this fall (as soon as I can get the boss to sign off on a random orbital polisher --not going to do it by hand!!!) to help protect from UV and make it a bit easier to get off the bugs.
memphis02 is offline   Reply With Quote