Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #21

Back in late July we toiled over a 2015 vs 2016 (before the vibration issue was really a documented problem). We chose the 2015 Greyhawk (29MV) for these reasons;
  • Better negotiated price
  • More room on front sofa (2015 have removable side armrests where 2016 do not - loosing 10" in width/length when making into bed)
  • Front sofa has better cushion (2016 very firm)
  • Don't trust early/new major upgrades on 1st year models (transmission & fiberglass roof). Wait until mid-year production for bugs to be documented and worked out (vibration issues for example)
  • Countertop does not have raised splash guard on back (only a bead of silicon in corner - potential issue with water on countertop)
  • No hidden hinges on cabinetry
  • Did not care for cream color paint scheme vs light beige on coach exterior
  • Pleated Day/Night shades on windows vs simple pull-down shades
  • Frosted door window (2016 have regular clear window - no privacy or standard window shade)
Of the 2016 improvements we did like was;
  • Stated increase towing capacity (though 2015 chassis is same I have read)
  • Larger windows on door and in bath
  • At least on our model, upgraded LED TV brands (Furrion vs Jensen) - we are having Jayco replace ours though
  • Upgraded walled backsplash in kitchen
  • Newer model year of course
  • Upgraded digital TV antenna
I was told by Jayco that some of the changes made from one model year to the next are due to supply, competition, cost, technology and ease of assembly. Model updates are ongoing and may even change several times during model year production.
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #22

What you say is very valid. The only reason I am going with the 2016 is the towing capacity and because my wife has health issues and a couple of the other changes make it a better choice for us.

The 6 speed is a proven transmission has been in Ford trucks for a couple of years now.
vagabond 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:06 AM   #23

There are some improvements on the 2016 Jayco Jayhawk. The dealers are offering similar prices on 2016 at 2015 Greyhawks. I like the fiberglass roof, the 7500# hitch and the 6 speed transmission. Maybe since I'm buying new, I just want the latest stuff.

Larry
nels1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #24

I would not consider a 2015. I was in FL with my Octane29zx and saw some 2016 Greyhawks at North Trail and they appear to be put together with much more quality control. I saw some 2015 at a unnamed Jayco dealer in Joliet IL and I was shocked at the poor condition of those units. The under belly of those units was a joke. It looked like some 10 year old stapled the cover on and just went crazy with insulating foam. Just my thoughts on some units I have reviewed. I always thought I would move up to a Greyhawk from my toyhauler but I am having second thoughts. My Octane is a very good unit and I was always hoping they would dump the swintek slide system in favor of the rack and pinion system on the Greyhawks.
octane29zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #25

Most every coach manufacturer will have things to nitpick on. Depending on the particular coach even in the same model and year, you'll likely find differences in fit and finish.

To assume the 2015's are assembled any differently than the 2016's as a whole is patently absurd.

Dealer prep has a lot to do with it too.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
A Watts water regulator is one that regulates PRESSURE but not FLOW. The tankless system needs adequate flow to function. Lots of folks use the little $20 jobs to regulate their pressure. And that's fine if you don't need a lot of flow. Those cheap regulators are really FLOW regulators that have the unintended benefit of also regulating pressure.

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

Grab the Watts New Lead Free Adjustable 263A-LF Regulator. Set it to 50/55 psi and forget about it.
Jopopsy just saved me a huge headache no doubt. The watts regulator tip is worth its weight in gold. Thanks
melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinson404 View Post
Jopopsy just saved me a huge headache no doubt. The watts regulator tip is worth its weight in gold. Thanks
You are quite welcome; glad I helped somebody out.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #28

Smile 2016 Greyhawk issues?

We are also looking to buy a Greyhawk, the 31DS to be exact. However we have been reading in this forum about a vibraton issue on this unit. What or where is the vibration and is it on all the Greyhawks? This is the first we have heard on this and now are wondering if anyone has more specific information. Thanks for any help you may have!!!

Bill and Carol and Bear, we are the 3fivers!
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote