Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #41

That's what I was thinking
mkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #42

I have a bumper mount grill. When I get ready to put it away to travel or whatever, I’ll burn off the crude, brush it & let it cool down. I have a zippered plastic lined grill tote bag that I store it in. It then goes into a storage compartment.
Rongbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #43

We use a Weber Q1200 and on the last use of each trip I burn it off on high and let cool. Then when packing up I wire brush, wipe down outside with Clorox wipes, change the foil drip tray and put it in the compartment. We use our motorhome all year but usually around December I get it out and spray and scrub with Simple Green and put it away.
Attached Thumbnails
i-HvLMpGk-X2.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #44

Blackstone 17" table top griddle

So many people liked the griddle I just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up.
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #45

For those with a Blackstone.....am I missing something, just wondering, how can you compare it to a BBQ, not even close to the same method of cooking foods.

BBQ vaporizes the juices/fats of what your cooking to flavor the food..........griddle does'nt do that, griddle is more like a big frying pan!
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:49 PM   #46

I do the same as RetiredLEO. They clean up easy and keep the grill clean. I've used heavy duty foil, too. Even easier...just toss it when done. Clean grill once a year with grill cleaner and Some Green. Grill stays in the garage all winter & lives in the pass through in a black garbage bag. It's the Sidekick grill that came with the trailer. Great grill for us & can easily cook enough food for 2-4 people.
Rdubya44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:17 AM   #47

I ran onto a great end-of-season closeout on the Weber Q a couple of years ago so that is what accompanies us on trips now. It lives in one of the storage bays on a heavy cookie pan that keeps any mess contained and I use if I decide to put the grill on a picnic table (to protect the table) rather than set up the cooking stand. Every couple of days or before we start home from a trip, I use the Weber grill spray to clean everything out, then hose it down and let it dry before packing it away. At first I was using the Weber drip pan liners but if there was any wind they would tend to blow out unless I put some rocks in it so now I either use aluminum foil wrapped around the pan or just clean it out with paper towels when it needs it or before packing it away.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #48

Storage for Blackstone

I built a storage compartment in the side of the trailer to store my Blackstone. It used up the empty space under my sink in the kitchen.
It’s accessed from the outside, and is sealed so it can’t smell up the camper.
I know, I went a little overboard, but you can never have enough storage.
Attached Thumbnails
C43404C4-6407-4DB3-8DD3-75E336966A7F.jpg   C7D5EEE3-F858-4EBE-A2DD-CB880DEA0101.jpeg   5481C95C-2F89-4464-BD67-22CFED4C15B5.jpg  
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:25 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawk01 View Post
At the end of a short weekend trip the thing i dread the most is cleaning the propane grill and storing it. I usually hose it out real well then heat it up and wait till it cools down and wipe out the rest of the junk with a rag. But it never seems to be clean enough and the process takes so long its almost not even worth using it on a short trip. Whats everyone else do?

Also where do you store it when not in use. I usually put it in a storage compartment but I always think that it might attract bugs. I think I'm gonna start putting it in my shed when we are home. Im just afraid I will forget it at home. LOL
Use white vinegar and water and dilute to your own liking in a spray bottle. It's not a chemical, and cuts grease very well, so it's safe!
Jayco Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #50

I have a Weber Q 2200 that has been used for a couple years in the Challenger. Moving it over to the Accolade and will treat it the same. Burn the grill off after cooking. Before storing the grill I remove the disposable drip pan (if it is nasty) and will store the grill in a storage compartment that is not carpeted. One of my mods is going to be to add a drain plug to that storage compartment so it can be washed out with soap and water.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #51

We have a small gas grill that we use. It has foldable legs on it. I bought these laundry bags from Amazon and the grill fits inside perfectly. Keeps the storage compartment clean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.56.15 PM.jpg  
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #52

We use a Coleman RoadTrip that we've had for years. It feeds off the house propane and I carry a bottle as a backup if I want to tailgate away from the coach. It stays in its own bay.
Lately I've been using Grilling Aluminum Foil under the burners to catch the majority of the mess and I carry a plastic storage tub that I use as an outdoor sink for cleaning the grilling plates (hot water from the outside faucet really helps this. It's always cleaned before we leave the site ready to go when we are.
tdbrackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #53

Rustynuts, whats the name of the mount you are using for your Weber Q?
defrcorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrcorr View Post
Rustynuts, whats the name of the mount you are using for your Weber Q?
I made it myself, got tired of using a table. Here is a thread on it.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...unt-65057.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote