Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #1

Where Do I Get The Ford Part of My Class C Serviced?

My husband and I have a 2021 Greyhawk 27U and we love it! We try to be meticulous about maintenance and care of the entire moho. However, we are having a heck of a time finding a Ford dealer who will even do an oil change on the E450 let alone any other type of service. We live west of Houston, in Katy, TX and none of the dealers in our area will accept motorhomes. We would go to any truck service center, just about anywhere at this point, including out of Texas. I would love some advice and names of Ford dealers or other service centers who will service the Ford portion of our Greyhawk. Thank you

Leslie Flattery
Katy, TX
lesrunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #2

Any local truck service shop can do oil changes and chassis lube work.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #3

Here, we have a couple of Ford Dealers that take trucks in for service. I found them by calling regular Ford dealers and saying "I have an E450 that needs service, what Ford dealers do you know that'll do it?"

Then, I can their recommendations and mention it's an RV.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #4

The dealer needs to be one that works on trucks. The nearest for me in Ohio is 60 miles away in Columbus. Its generally the bigger dealers with a bay big enough for the vehicle.

As far as oil changes and other non warranty work, any place that works on trucks should do. The oil change is simple and clean. If you are handy you could easily do it yourself.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 03:15 PM   #5

Maybe your local RV dealerships could do the service work as well.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post

Perhaps.

I got a quote for an alignment from an RV shop up here. $600.

Found a truck-centric service center that did it for the $125.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:51 PM   #7

Glad to see this question. I have the Redhawk and there are no Ford dealers in my area or in the state of Maryland that I know of that will provide service. They all state the vehicles occupy to much space on lot and that is space that is used to occupy several regular vehicles and trucks. This includes the commercial truck dealers as well they simply will not service my motorhome. I believe the problems lies in with the total incompetence of Jayco or any other manufacturer. When Jayco decides to purchase Ford, chevy or any other engine there should be an agreement between the RV manufacturer and the engine manufacturer that service will be provided just like any other vehicles requiring service. Otherwise Jayco should take their business elsewhere. The problem is Jayco does not give a d...m whether or not we are able to obtain service on the MH. Most RV dealership have very limited service capability for engines. Their primary goal is to sell and that's it. We are left to find service from private small business facilities where many do no have the skills and technical know how for a complicated engine problem. Jayco and other companies simply feel that we love the RV life so much that we will accept anything. I recently tried to find a Ford truck dealer who would just give me a maintenance overall check up on my unit which has 23000 and have thus far have not been able to find a dealership to provide the service.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #8
RPR

Now that we live in a townhouse I use a local oil change place for oil changes, chassis lube etc. For items covered under Ford warranty local Ford dealer here can handle it. Some dealers do not have a lift able to handle the weight. So depends what is wrong if they need a rack. Make sure you tell them it’s a E450 cab. Mention motorhome and they think big truck.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:39 AM   #9

We were lucky to find a shop that works on school busses. They are happy to work on our MH
Glenn268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:02 AM   #10

Leslie,
I have inquired about some warranty work on my 2021 Greyhawk 30z and there is a place in Dickenson that works on motor homes. It’s McRee Ford. They aren’t to far from you. I’ve had my F250 in there a couple times and they do great work.
Barry
Old 03-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #11
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post

If you can get in anytime before 2023.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you can get in anytime before 2023.
We had our unit into the Rv dealer a while back and they said anything on the ford chassis had to go to ford. Maybe all dealers aren’t the same.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #13
Site Team

If you are ever in Western PA, Meegan Ford in Connellsville is a commercial truck center and they have motorhomes in their service center all the time. CHarper Ford in Bell Vernon does the same. In fact, their TV ads state "if it will fit through our doors, we will work on it."
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:10 AM   #14

I have the guy change my oil when I get the RV inspected.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #15

Just a thought, but you might check with some rural, small-town Ford dealers. I would imagine they work on farmers vehicles and may be willing to take your E-450.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:39 PM   #16

RV Manintenance

I agree with most here that truck centers are usually the best place. I called my RV center and they agreed if they did it the cost would be very high. My first oil change was done by Broyer Trucking. Since then I just did it myself. The RV's are high enough to get under easily and there are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do the job. Good idea to do your generator maintenance also.
By the way I checked with several Ford dealerships and none would service RV's and Camping World would not touch it.
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey55 View Post
The RV's are high enough to get under easily and there are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do the job. Good idea to do your generator maintenance also.

I know there will be plenty of people who simply cannot do it themselves. But if you're able and just think it's too difficult, I agree with Joey.

It's easy and will save you a lot of money. Everything I need to do an Oil Change on our V10 is found at Walmart. I just picked up the supplies yesterday. Maybe $40 total for oil and a filter.

If it's your first time doing it, add $15 for a catch pan, $5 for paper towels, $2 for a good funnel. And $6 for a big bag of Kitty Litter.

Seriously, it's a 10 minute job.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:55 PM   #18

Bluebonnet Ford Commercial Truck Service Center, 351 Interstate Highway 35 South , New Braunfels, TX 78130 1-833-506-4382
jmcgarvey36b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #19
TLC

I have a Ford truck dealership 2 miles away. They only go to 30 feet units.. mine’s 32.
They tell me I have to drive an hour west to get a NY inspection. I asked why they can’t get out a floor jack to pull wheels to check brakes outdoors. I get a blank stare..

I got my inspection sticker, don’t ask where.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesrunmore View Post
My husband and I have a 2021 Greyhawk 27U and we love it! We try to be meticulous about maintenance and care of the entire moho. However, we are having a heck of a time finding a Ford dealer who will even do an oil change on the E450 let alone any other type of service. We live west of Houston, in Katy, TX and none of the dealers in our area will accept motorhomes. We would go to any truck service center, just about anywhere at this point, including out of Texas. I would love some advice and names of Ford dealers or other service centers who will service the Ford portion of our Greyhawk. Thank you

Leslie Flattery
Katy, TX

I use to have a RV mobile mechanic come to the house and change the E450 ford oil filter, oil and air filter and the 0nan 4000 oil and air filter, till this year and I you tubed it and did it myself, so easy, done in a breeze, I'm a 67 female!
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote