Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2019, 06:09 AM   #21

Thanks guys. We don't have high speed interweb so we haven't been able to do any updates. When we are able to do that, we will try putting our music flash drive into the one USB port on the dash board of our Ford. If Gchan can get it to read his download, it should be an aux port and not a charging port... I never heard of one that can do both! People have warned to not put anything in there, but we have no alternative.

There is not one single USB port anywhere else in our Grey Hawk! Not even near the bed where most people charge their phones. 2018 and Jayco failed us over a simple, cheap device which they could have easily installed all over the coach. There are videos of how to add one from a LED light...if you are an electrician...but why should you have to?

But, I digress and rant.

The fusion video is nice, but not the same as our screen, which is the remote that pops off. However, if we are ever able to play our flash drive, maybe the instructions on the video will be helpful.

Thanks for everyone's help and ideas. We will keep you updated once we figure it out...if ever!
Sheltietreasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #22

I have two USB ports in the panel below the forward seat portion of my dinette. Take a look and see if you have the same.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #23

Sheltietreasure you can use that usb to charge your phone also, my wife has one of our phone chargers plugged in while we are going down the road charging our phones. I also read where people have issues with plugging into this port, but we have never had a problem.
Maybe I’m the lucky one here, but before i do anything, i try to research and get all the info before hand, and it seems to have helped out. Good luck !
Gchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:14 AM   #24

Thanks! That is good news. From all that I have read...and the Garmin videos and website...it sounds like you have to keep things updated to avoid problems!

I wonder if we can charge phones in the aux USB port on our Tacoma!
Old 11-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #25

There is a 110 outlet under the dinette, forward facing seat. No USB. I wonder if if Gchan has found any USB ports other than the one on the dash...since we have the same year and model?

Also, may I private message to talk about TVs?

This forum is amazing for how much people try to help! Thanks.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:11 AM   #26

No, thats the only usb that i’ve come across is on dash. But we removed our couch an replaced it with two electric recliners that have a usb port at the switches. Works great now we keep a phone jack in one an my ipad in the other one. Thought about changing out the receptacle in bedroom an replace with a receptacle i saw in home depot that has a usb built in it.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #27

Thanks, G! I can stop the search! May I private message you about the TVS?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #28

Sure, send it on ��
Old 11-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #29

GARMIN UPDATE!

We were able to update our Garmin remote using dial up and a laptop. We even installed new maps that way.

I added songs, from the laptop, to the Garmin remote and they played without needing to dock the remote. Who knew it had speakers! I deleted them as they seemed to take up a bit of space. There is a micro SD port on the remote where you can add more memory if so desired.

We then docked the remote in our cold, covered rig along with my infamous flash drive full of music. Plugged the flash drive into the only USB in the coach...on the dashboard...turned ignition key only part way...light, no engine...voila! Music played! The USB also charges devices.

We didn't mess with how to do playlists, delete or shuffle songs, etc. as it was bitter cold, but even if it just plays music straight through, I'm happy!

Hope this helps someone else!