Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #1

Why did you choose a C Class?

Why did you choose a C Class? For me, I think it was because even though I liked the size of the buses, I didn't like the thought of driving one everywhere...The c classes seemed a better size fit for me.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #2

We had a 40 foot DP and it was too big for just the two of us now and many smaller campgrounds we frequent.

abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #3

The wife like the floor plan! We came from a 30' class A. This class C is a better ride and drive. Also more comfortable sleeping area in the cab-over area than the folding couch (for the kids and grand kids). The class Cs are just as wide as the As but it doesn't seem like because of the seating arrangement.
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHolt View Post
Why did you choose a C Class? For me, I think it was because even though I liked the size of the buses, I didn't like the thought of driving one everywhere...The c classes seemed a better size fit for me.
For us it was the sleeping areas. The cab over bunk was just such a nice area for our youngest and we have bunks as well. We just felt it was focused more on an equal amount of camping and comfortable living than just feeling like a house. Just suited our needs better.
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
The wife like the floor plan! We came from a 30' class A. This class C is a better ride and drive. Also more comfortable sleeping area in the cab-over area than the folding couch (for the kids and grand kids). The class Cs are just as wide as the As but it doesn't seem like because of the seating arrangement.
Like Don (and several others), we wanted to be able to sleep the grandkids in the over cab queen, without having to do any pull/fold outs.

Additionally, the Seneca TS has opposing slides. So similar space in main living area as a lot of A's (although not the length).

That said, my lovely wife still drools over some of the 45' A's that cost 2-3x the money we have in our Seneca :-)
big ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #6

Trailer was out because we don't have a tow vehicle. Class A was just too big for us. And something else that crossed my mind was: in Colorado there are two types of windshields: cracked and not-cracked *yet*.

I figured a new windshield for a Ford Van would be a lot easier to find that something for those Class A monsters.

Wife can drive our Class C too.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

Commuter Truck!

We were looking do divest ourselves of our Commuter Truck! The gas and payments on my Silverado 1500 was killing me and reality was the truck was undersized for my TT.

We actually went to look at Class A's and were pleasantly surprised when we discovered the C's. The floor plans on the C's were better then almost all but the most expensive A's. The cab over bunk was the big seller for us. Our TT had a bunkhouse at the back which we only need when our Teens choose to travel with us. The bunk gave us a bed for them when needed without having to tow around 8 feet of otherwise wasted space.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #8

We made a great decision between the A and C! We kept the C and moved up to a Seneca 36FK. We get the best of both worlds...

First and the most important: Service at a Freightliner dealership includes a 2-hour express lane for regular maintenance. If you take an A to them - you wait until Tuesday or Wednesdays when they take the Pushers. The Dealership treats a Freightliner M2-106 as a fleet truck and they focus on getting you services while you wait - they have everything your chassis could need in stock, and they get you back out on the road right away.

Now to the rest of the coach... go and check one out - King Bed, Lots of counter space like an A (we have a countertop coffee maker and travel with it ON the counter where it sits) Nightstand with power, Large Fridge that holds everything we need for over a week dry camping.

An A class has other issues with cooling - your bedroom is directly over the engine, you will have to run your rear AC to keep your bedroom from cooking your belongings while running in Summer weather. And when you need engine repairs - they have to tear your bed out of your coach and access the engine from above. (Who wants your coach torn apart inside to have an engine repair??? )
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #9

My husband drools over a class A. He thinks the driving might be better just because he likes the feel of sitting higher and seeing the entire road. We looked at TT and decided by the time we sold a car (which he loves) to replace with a pickup that would suit his needs, we would have just as much invested and less convenience. Now we easily tow our vehicle, take the grandchildren along and it provides plenty of entertainment and convenience. For now we are sticking with our 31XL!
CDandCJandthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #10

Don't own a big truck so towable are a no go. We did try a pop up for a while, but quickly moved to a small C. With 6 people, we did not find any Class A that could accommodate all of us, let alone having 4 people in dedicated beds/bunks while I drove...

We really liked the Seneca, but got some sticker shock. Now we are looking at Super Cs again.

2015 Ford Transit Connect (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c class, question, why?