Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #21

One timeframe is a fable and the other is a bunch of Hoosiers working on it. Amazon two day shipping has made Americans less patient.
kyleebrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #22

You just hit the nail on the head. It is for this reason and several others that I do not recommend a Jayco to anyone nor will I ever buy another model from them. I got better service from other manufacturers in the past
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #23

You know, I think you have had one thing after another needing repair, each time you patintly wait and wait, and if the places you have taken the rig for repair are like the one we have, they don't communicate with you or even pretend to care about your situation. What I am hearing is you are frustrated with the whole thing. I fully appreciate and understand what you are feeling.

Its fine to be told about the details and problems manufacturers have, but seriously. When we purchase these rigs, which are not cheap by any means, we choose them based on trust not only in the product but in the integrity of the manufacturer. If only they HAD to perform better.

I feel ya. Hopefully the repair people will get organized and fix the problem soon. Hang in there!!

Happy trails.
Silvernelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #24

Jayco parts are slow. I had to get a decal package for my Pinnacle and it took Jayco parts 8 weeks to ship them to the dealership. I suspect a lot of the parts they have to order from their supplier before shipping them to the dealership. My Pinnacle has been at the Dealership since Jan 2020 to repair a scratch down the side which required some decal replacement. It is now Sept and still can't get a completion date from the dealership.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
I suspect a lot of the parts they have to order from their supplier before shipping them to the dealership.
Exactly.... If they are building 20 PINNACLES they order 20 sets of decals so there are no "extras" sitting in the warehouse. That is more the norm for most manufacturers and businesses anymore. Throw in COVID this year and it doubles the problem.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #26

Sorry to hear about your problem and frustration.

I suspect you knew the answer and needed to vent.
FYI the roof on my highwall PUP started to delaminate, and it was repaired under warranty. BUT...the key was that I used it until season's end, then I brought it to the dealer in November. I got it back in March.

So, IF you can cobble together a temporary repair so you can use the rig...at your own expense...you might do that. A slap-dash application of dicor "tape" or similar might get you through the rest of your season. My damage was far less severe, but I muddled through the end of the season with a couple tubes of caulk to keep things dry without disguising the damage to the point that the warranty would be voided. I got permission for this kluge from the factory warranty rep.

If you can save part of your season, give it a try.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #27

jimmoore 13 I am not sure if you misunderstood that we are fulltime RVers and we don't have a season of down time and that this is a insurance issue and not covered under warranty. Getting it repaired meant we would need to schedule the repair so we could find a place to move into while our home was being repaired.

Real good news: The roof arrived at Tri-star this morning with out any damage and in the right shape. By 5pm they called us to come see our home topless and ready to have the new one put on tomorrow. We were told we can come by tomorrow at 4:30 to see the progress and that it should be finished by Wed. With the last 6 years we have been full timing I feel a RV repair service is better then a dealership ( who always wants to sell you something you already have).
First picture-One of 12 hail damaged holes.
Second picture-Old roof taken off today.
Third picture- new roof ready to go on.

Thank you all for understanding our lifestyle.
Attached Thumbnails
Hail 5.jpg   Old roof.jpg   New roof ready to go.jpg  
smt29camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #28

It goes to show the there are no customer oriented companies in the rv industry. The amazement to me is you people support this attitude. I worked for companies that believed the customer was king, and for one where our president said the customer was god. We took a lot of business from our competitors, because our customers had high expectations.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt29camper View Post
jimmoore 13 I am not sure if you misunderstood that we are fulltime RVers and we don't have a season of down time and that this is a insurance issue and not covered under warranty. <<SNIP>>
Sorry. That was not clear. Rereading your OP, there was no mention of being full-timers. You did mention a rental cabin, but the why of that was not clear.

My point about my experience was that it took months to get the new roof...warranty or insurance weren't germane to the time it took...the issue was the time it took the manufacturer to deliver a replacement roof.

I'm glad your problem is on its way to being resolved.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Exactly.... If they are building 20 PINNACLES they order 20 sets of decals so there are no "extras" sitting in the warehouse. That is more the norm for most manufacturers and businesses anymore. Throw in COVID this year and it doubles the problem.
So... why can't Jayco allow another company to build a replacement somewhere other than the factory (that already has a questionable quality reputation) if they provide the specification sheets... I recognize that A hand built roof to written specifications might be more expensive... but this one is not being paid for by Jayco - so why should they be impacting the customer?

Are the blueprints ultra "TOP SECRET" that a trusted company could not take the job on with a simple NDA? Clearly this is not a current production model.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #31

Smile Long time to get parts

Five years ago a car hit my brand new 29 MV. The driver was 85 years old with coke bottle glasses. She wanted to go into the left lane that I was occupying . Her car hit me on the passenger side just behind the passenger door and gouged a three inch strip from the front of the side panel all the way to the rear. The steps were taken out as well as the first storage compartment. She gouged every compartment door and the entry door. My odometer read 2000 miles. I called Jayco for help. They recommended a local repair shop in Wakarusa, IN that they use for some repairs (SS Waky auto). The repair shop was excellent. The person who caused the accident’s insurance paid for everything. SsWaky arranged for a driver to pick up my MH on Long Island and drive it to Wakarusa. They dealt with the insurance company for the most part. In spite of their good relationship with the Jayco factory because they did work for the factory, they had trouble getting parts for my new Greyhawk. The factory was in production making 2016 Greyhawks and could not spare a side panel for my 2016 Greyhawk. So The MH went to IN early November 2015 and I got it back in February 2016. The auto repair shop sent me photos as the work progressed. They drove it to the factory to have warranty done (remember the vibration in the drivetrain in the 2016’s with the new 6 speed tranny). So the point of this is certain parts will take time to get from the factory whether the RV is new or older. Even if it does not include warranty work and insurance will pay for it. This is especially true of fiberglass parts like a roof or side panel. RVs are specialty items and are not cars so the supply chain is smaller and slower. By the way, my 29MV was repaired like new and 5 years later, you can not tell it was in an accident.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
So... why can't Jayco allow another company to build a replacement somewhere other than the factory
That would have been up to the Insurance Company to find another fabricator. They could have selected anybody that does RV repairs. Question is would that company be using the same fabrication technique that JAYCO used?
Old 09-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #33

Maybe you should have call Tri-Star to make sure everything is a go for the 14th. That way you wouldn't have wasted your time driving out. Also the insurance company has a big say in this also. That could also be the problem.
BobZauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #34

Roof repair

We had similar hail damage on the curved edge of our fiber glass roof. Jayco was too difficult to deal with. I found a custom fiber glass repair centre to do the work..
Remove all roof mounted stuff.
Sand entire roof.
Apply fiberglass cloth to the entire edge of the roof on both sides.
Add resin.
Using a chopper gun they applied a complete layer of fiberglass to the entire roof.
Rolled the roof.
Sanded the roof.
Painted the roof.painted
Reinstalled all the roof stuff.

Lifetime guarantee.
$22000. To fix it. Insurance payed.

New roof is way stronger than before...
Superseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:48 PM   #35

Update: New roof is on, vents, A/Cs, antennas and solar hopefully went on yesterday.

Sorry as I look back on my OP I did not mention we are fulltime, without a stick/brick home for the last 6 some years. It seems longer, even though I love many parts of it.

We have gone through many warranty repairs in our Fleetwood and now the Jayco. In some ways it's sad when you have a verbal relationship with a manufacture Customer service person and they leave the company or that you know where the manufactures repair center is and have been invited back, even if you don't have a repair needed.

So, when Jayco both in email and phone call recommended Tri-star to do the repair and Jayco told Tri-star the roof would be completed by Sept 11th, all we could do was to take them at what they said and schedule it for the 14th. The insurance company was good with Jayco's recommendation and the plan on us coming to the roof, instead of it being shipped to SD. Less chance of damage in shipping and cost of shipping.

I know it was out of warranty. so when the damage was done and we came out of shock (after taping up all the holes), we contacted Jayco for words of wisdom on the best way to fix the problem and this is what we were told. We now see it all working out, maybe it's because I spent 26 years as a FEDEX overnight delivery driver and tried everything I could to get other peoples items to them as quickly as I could. I thank God I can slow down now and start to plan on things being late.

Thank you all for your support and may the roofs over our heads keep us warm and dry.
smt29camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #36

I’m not sure what’s worse, having to wait a few months on a repair or trying to get help on this forum and hearing what some of these smart-a people have to say. I’m glad your rig was repaired.
Cca420 is offline   Reply With Quote