Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2021, 07:07 AM   #1

Why doesn’t Jayco care about its customers?

We bought a used Greyhawk and have been trying for over a year to get Jayco to change the ownership data. We called Jayco and gave them the info over the phone. We sent in a form they asked us to fill out.

When there are safety recalls, we are not getting informed by Jayco. This threatens our lives. If there is a problem with our rig, Jayco fails to tell us. If we don’t know there is a problem, we can’t take steps to fix it.

We have told our heirs so if we are killed by a recall problem Jayco should have told us about, they will know where to start the law suits. We hope they will be able to put this company out of business in an effort to save more lives.

Maybe if someone from Jayco reads this and thinks it is worth resolving, we will get some help. So far, all of our the efforts we initiated with Jayco have failed.

Beware if you bought their products on the secondary market...they don’t seem to care one bit about your health and safety.
Sheltietreasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltietreasure View Post
When there are safety recalls, we are not getting informed by Jayco.
I think you need to be a little more specific as to which ones.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #3

Thanks. I am not sure what you mean by which ones. If you mean which safety recalls, my answer would be all of them. Jayco should be listing us as the current owners so we get all recall notices. They have failed to list us as the current owners even though we have done all we can to provide them with the information about the vehicle ownership transfer.

We are getting absolutely no recall notices even thought there have been some since we took ownership.

Jayco doesn’t care to help us. They just don’t care. Why doesn’t Jayco care about us?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:03 AM   #4
Site Team

I have owned a number of 2nd owner autos. I don’t ever remember getting any letters notifying me of recall. I have found some in news stories and gov websites. We have a forum on JOF with all recalls grouped in one place and also links to gov sites that track them.
I don’t think you are beating the right horse?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote:
We are getting absolutely no recall notices even thought there have been some since we took ownership.

Jayco doesn’t care to help us. They just don’t care. Why doesn’t Jayco care about us?
Anything involving the chassis would be FORD, the appliances etc would be based on the warranty card sent to the manufacturer by the dealer or original owner. That is why it does make a difference since everything is VIN and or serial # specific.

Have you talked to Motorized Customer service directly to see if the info was entered into their system?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
If you filled in your form the Jayco most likely have you registered. Enjoy camping instead of worrying and complaining to much - do research for recalls.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #7

Quote:
We have told our heirs so if we are killed by a recall problem Jayco should have told us about, they will know where to start the law suits. We hope they will be able to put this company out of business in an effort to save more lives.
hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"
Similar:
exaggeration
overstatement
magnification
amplification
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #8

The previous owner sent us letters he received from Jayco about recalls... several times. Bless that man, or we would never known there is a problem...even tho we have repeatedly asked Jayco to list us as the owner so we can get the recall notices direct.

There is a law that says auto and rv manufactures have to tell people when there are safety issues.

I am not sure that a response on this forum that tells me I should spend all my life looking for recalls and researching them myself is the best solution to my problem.

Every time we have bought a used vehicle, the manufactures have changed the ownership info so we got timely recall notices...except Jayco.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Anything involving the chassis would be FORD, the appliances etc would be based on the warranty card sent to the manufacturer by the dealer or original owner. That is why it does make a difference since everything is VIN and or serial # specific.

Have you talked to Motorized Customer service directly to see if the info was entered into their system?
I am not sure that Ford would be responsible for the leveling jacks that have a recall on them. The letter about this was sent out by Jayco. We have called Jayco repeatedly over the past year to no avail. They asked us to fill out a form which included the vin and we did so and sent it back.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have owned a number of 2nd owner autos. I don’t ever remember getting any letters notifying me of recall. I have found some in news stories and gov websites. We have a forum on JOF with all recalls grouped in one place and also links to gov sites that track them.
I don’t think you are beating the right horse?

That is very good that you never received a recall notice, provided your auto manufacturer is following the law and sending them when necessary. That should mean there have been no recalls on your vehicles.

We, on the other hand have received recall notices from Toyota on our trucks undercarriage rust issues and on another issue before that...can’t remember the details. The recalls included info on where repairs can be made free of charge.

The previous owner of our Jayco was kind enough to send us the recall notices he has received from Jayco. If something happens to him, or he just decides it’s too much trouble to continue to do so, we will not get this important information which Jayco is required to provide to owners of its vehicles. Jayco’s listing of the correct owner is an easy thing to. They have failed us.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
If you filled in your form the Jayco most likely have you registered. Enjoy camping instead of worrying and complaining to much - do research for recalls.
Is it just me, or is this response tone deaf, unnecessary and rude? We are frustrated and upset about Jayco’ s lack of caring and response to our problem. We didn’t expect a forum member to add to our angst. It is sad.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #12

Quote:
I am not sure that Ford would be responsible for the leveling jacks that have a recall on them. The letter about this was sent out by Jayco. We have called Jayco repeatedly over the past year to no avail. They asked us to fill out a form which included the vin and we did so and sent it back.
Agreed, the jacks are not FORD. Other things, 3rd party components, are normally not registered by JAYCO. Those warranty cards are sent directly to the manufacturer by the dealer or original owner, COLEMAN, ATTWOOD, ONAN etc. As I asked originally, have you talked directly to the MOTORIZED CUSTOMER SERVICE division and not just regular customer service?

Things do fall through the cracks especially if you mailed the form. I'm still waiting for a lease agreement a tenant mailed in December of 2019 to arrive...
Old 01-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Is it just me, or is this response tone deaf, unnecessary and rude? We are frustrated and upset about Jayco’ s lack of caring and response to our problem. We didn’t expect a forum member to add to our angst. It is sad.
I think it's just you. Relax and go enjoy your NTU coach.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #14

Wow

Just.... Wow

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #15

I have received recall notices in the past on vehicles I have purchased 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand or more. All without me contacting the manufacture. I believe it was due to the motor vehicle registration. The manufactures contact owners that way. Example I own a 76 chevy pickup that I bought in 1991. I have know idea how many owners had it before me. I never notified General Motors that I owned it. I got the recall notice for it in the early 2000s about the gas tank issue they had with that model.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #16

Quote:
We bought a used Greyhawk and have been trying for over a year to get Jayco to change the ownership data. We called Jayco and gave them the info over the phone. We sent in a form they asked us to fill out.

When there are safety recalls, we are not getting informed by Jayco. This threatens our lives. If there is a problem with our rig, Jayco fails to tell us. If we don’t know there is a problem, we can’t take steps to fix it.

Maybe if someone from Jayco reads this and thinks it is worth resolving, we will get some help. So far, all of our the efforts we initiated with Jayco have failed.

Beware if you bought their products on the secondary market...they don’t seem to care one bit about your health and safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"
Similar:
exaggeration
overstatement
magnification
amplification
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSA75 View Post
I think it's just you. Relax and go enjoy your NTU coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavman View Post
Wow

Just.... Wow

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it
I was thinking overly dramatic. Stuff happens in life. No company is going to fully track a bunch of truly non-customers. If I worked for Jayco, your post would be anti-lawsuit fodder for your "heirs". Most people chill out while camping. They don't plan future lawsuits for their kids.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #17
CAG

I called Jayco about some issue about a year ago. They asked me if I was a new owner (of a used Greyhawk) and when I told them I was, they took down all of my information and changed their database. About 4 months ago I got a recall notice of the problem with the hydraulic leveling system.

Perhaps your talking with the wrong people at Jayco.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:29 AM   #18
Site Team

It may be prudent to try talking with Jayco and make sure that you are talking with someone that can answer if they keep up with registered owners of the vin# or get that info some some database elsewhere. I would think that they get it from a data base but also are required to notify government agencies and publicize recalls.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:42 AM   #19

I bought a used 2016 Jayco Greyhawk and never notified Jayco. However, I did receive the recall notice referenced directly from them. Perhaps it doesn't affect your vehicle?? An acknowledgement that they received it would have been helpful.
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:09 PM   #20

Maybe you have a site in the USA that is simular to this one in Canada that you can check on once in awhile for recalls.
https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...?lang=eng&as=0