Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom463219 View Post
Like your idea of using the stainless washing machine hose, gonna do that too.
Thanks
I needed a male/male garden hose adapter. But it was in the plumbing section at Lowes.

So far, no leaks and easy-peasy hookup.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #22

If I had to guess, I'd say your problem of the fresh water fill, and the black tank flush being so close is two fold. The fresh water tank and the black water tank must be in pretty close proximity. Therefore, the the two inlets are in relatively close proximity.

That said, I also suspect there is some "non thinking" going on by the designer. Even if those two inlets are going to be in close proximity, good design thinking would find a way to separate them as much as possible.

Fortunately, on the 23RB this is not a problem. The black water flush is on the rear road side near the ladder, while the fresh water inlet is roughly in the middle on the roadside.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 AM   #23

If it were me, I would call the insurance company. They can work out if it is going to be professionally cleaned or dealt with. This would be worth the price of a deductible to me. I have a TT which may be different than your Class C but there isn't anyway I can mistake the two. Fresh fill is on the passenger side and there is no way to attach a hose to it. I use one of those Camco nozzles. My City Water and Black Flush however are right next to each other with identical connections. There is a sticker next to the Black Flush but I don't recall if it says that. I know it mentions something along the lines of not using it unless the dump valve is open as a reminder to prevent the issue you had. The City Water connection is labeled that though.

Like I said, I would just go the insurance route though. When factoring time and money of DIY remedies, I would exceed what the deductible is anyhow so why not. Insurance is there not only for the things where someone hits you, you get hit by hail and other things out of your control but also mistakes that you might make along the way of life. Sure it is a mistake that you made but it isn't any different than pulling out of a gas station and clipping one of those posts designed to protect the pump. People in RVs and campers do that all the time and they are not second guessing doing an insurance claim. A mistake is a mistake and that is why we carry insurance.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks79 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. We made our trip this weekend without further incident. After traveling with the bathroom window open and leaving the vent fan on for a couple days the smell has diminished to practically nothing.

Upon closer inspection the toilet never actually overflowed, the trap valve was tight as could be. The water pressure actually caused water to leak between the toilet and the flange or gasket. On the grand scheme of things there was not nearly as much water in the coach as there could have been. It stayed isolated to the bathroom itself. At the time of the incident it seemed as if a black tank exploded inside the coach! At this point I just hope the toilet gasket is ok. Everything worked well over the weekend.

So bottom line is from the responses that there is no real functional reason that the fill port and flush port have to be immediately next to one another? Its was just convenient? I will figure out a way to make it obvious.

It could have been worse, while I was dealing with all this our friends were at the race track and endured a severe hail storm that smashed in skylights on their RV's.
I use a 90 degree elbow on my fresh water fitting to reduce the stress on my hose while bringing it up from inside the bay, it's impossible to mistake the two.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #25

You know I got thinking about this and as to why it is never a thought to me to mistake the two intakes. I have also put in a 90 degree brass hose fitting and run a 3 foot hose out through the gland opening in the floor. Under the coach on the outside is the fresh water input, with a 40 psi pressure regulator and a ball valve shut off with a removable cap over it. That way I don't have to hook all that up when we pull in to a campsite or if we just fill our potable water.

What I did for convienience makes the two intake valves about 2 feet apart. Maybe that would resolve your problem. However, I doubt if you ever make that mistake, again.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote