Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #1

Window latch frame separated from window

Had an issue with some of the windows on my motorhome. The frame that holds the latch came apart from the window. The latch frame is a pressed fit that is attached to the window using a rubber channel seal. Happened to two windows so far. The smaller one was fairly easy to put back together, but the larger window by the dining table is really troublesome. Does anyone have a trick to put these back together? Is there some sort of permanent fix? Seems like a bad design to me.
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #2

How about a picture or two so we can offer suggestions
Old 11-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Had an issue with some of the windows on my motorhome. The frame that holds the latch came apart from the window. The latch frame is a pressed fit that is attached to the window using a rubber channel seal. Happened to two windows so far. The smaller one was fairly easy to put back together, but the larger window by the dining table is really troublesome. Does anyone have a trick to put these back together? Is there some sort of permanent fix? Seems like a bad design to me.

Just had the same thing happen to us with our bathroom window. Following for suggestions
jleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #4

I agree pictures are needed. There are several types of windows and lots of types of latches over the years. Not even a mention of year, model RV....
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #5

I got a silicone adhesive (the name escapes me) at Autozone. Was able to repair windows as described. Has held for 2 seasons, now.
HTH
Glenn268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn268 View Post
I got a silicone adhesive (the name escapes me) at Autozone. Was able to repair windows as described. Has held for 2 seasons, now.
HTH
Did you reuse/replace the rubber gasket? Or did you just fill the channel with silicone and reassemble without the rubber gasket?
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Did you reuse/replace the rubber gasket? Or did you just fill the channel with silicone and reassemble without the rubber gasket?
I discarded the gasket and filled the channel with silicone. Try not to let any dry on the glass . It looks bad
Glenn268 is offline   Reply With Quote