Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

Window Shades

New 29MVP has pull down shades. I like the shades because they don’t rattle going down the road...but they are not wide enough to cover past the windows enough to keep neighbors from seeing in especially at night.

Not the end of the world but boss doesn’t like it. Not sure of fix??? Right now we just do all the dressing in the bath area. Just get accustomed to that I guess. No big deal for me but again the boss likes her privacy!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #2

My wife noted this immediately in our first outing. At my age, I would take it as a compliment if someone was peeking into our bedroom while I was getting dressed, but the wife didn't think this was too funny.

In measuring the vertical part of the valance on the windows over the dining table and sofa, we realized these were exactly what we needed for the rear window(s) - same fabric and perfect length (first photo). So we ordered a new set of valances (one sofa and one dining table) from Jayco via our local dealer. We couldn't order just the vertical part but that was OK. I think with the MVP they use 2 different fabric styles for front & rear valances so this you may want to check on.

A simple install by removing back box valances from wall, screwing the new vertical pieces to original box valances, reattaching box valance and adhere base of vertical to wall. To complete the back bed side windows, we really needed to order 2 sets of sofa valances to get 4 verticals. But to save some $ we decided on only 1 and works fine (last photo).

One final note, these verticals were standard in our 2015 Greyhawk 29MV bedroom and I questioned this with one of the Jayco reps at a local RV show this past winter. He said that they were removed from the design (not sure what model year) since people were running into them. As Robert Ripley would say... Believe it or Not!
Attached Thumbnails
valance03.jpg   Valance01.jpg   valance04.jpg   Valance02.jpg  
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
My wife noted this immediately in our first outing. At my age, I would take it as a compliment if someone was peeking into our bedroom while I was getting dressed, but the wife didn't think this was too funny.

In measuring the vertical part of the valance on the windows over the dining table and sofa, we realized these were exactly what we needed for the rear window(s) - same fabric and perfect length (first photo). So we ordered a new set of valances (one sofa and one dining table) from Jayco via our local dealer. We couldn't order just the vertical part but that was OK. I think with the MVP they use 2 different fabric styles for front & rear valances so this you may want to check on.

A simple install by removing back box valances from wall, screwing the new vertical pieces to original box valances, reattaching box valance and adhere base of vertical to wall. To complete the back bed side windows, we really needed to order 2 sets of sofa valances to get 4 verticals. But to save some $ we decided on only 1 and works fine (last photo).

One final note, these verticals were standard in our 2015 Greyhawk 29MV bedroom and I questioned this with one of the Jayco reps at a local RV show this past winter. He said that they were removed from the design (not sure what model year) since people were running into them. As Robert Ripley would say... Believe it or Not!
Great solution! Thanks so much. I will contact my dealer and check this out!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #4

I noticed this design flaw as well as a relates to the windows in the bedroom. I'm going to check with my dealer since my unit is still being constructed and see what can be done. Thanks for the heads-up and the solution!
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #5

Nice mod Jack! Now you have me thinking of adding something that I didn’t even know I needed (since yours looks so good!). That’s for sharing!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #6

We are considering the same solution on our 2018 Greyhawk. Do you happen to have the part numbers your dealer ordered for the valences? Also, how long did it take for the valences to ship? Thanks.
Flight Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Control View Post
We are considering the same solution on our 2018 Greyhawk. Do you happen to have the part numbers your dealer ordered for the valences? Also, how long did it take for the valences to ship? Thanks.
Flight Control, these were the part numbers on our invoice from the dealer. Hopefully they are the same for all dealers. Note the part numbers may also designate the fabric pattern & trim color, but not sure. Include a photo your valances in coach dinette area to confirm pattern when contacting your dealer.

0830707.MJ08 Valance 65.25x3.50/34L Coach (Dinette Window)
0826087.MJ08 Valance 53.25x3.50/25.5L Coach (Sofa Window)

Took about 2 weeks to get them ordered.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceChaser0 View Post
Nice mod Jack! Now you have me thinking of adding something that I didn’t even know I needed (since yours looks so good!). That’s for sharing!
That's what Steve Jobs did with the iPad/tablet... created something that you didn't even know that you needed, but everyone has one.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #9

How much did they charge for the material?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
New 29MVP has pull down shades. I like the shades because they don’t rattle going down the road...but they are not wide enough to cover past the windows enough to keep neighbors from seeing in especially at night.

Not the end of the world but boss doesn’t like it. Not sure of fix??? Right now we just do all the dressing in the bath area. Just get accustomed to that I guess. No big deal for me but again the boss likes her privacy!
DW didn't like the view in ours so she made curtins for all 3 bedroom windows
dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote