Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #1

Winegard trav’ler for direct tv

For those that ordered their rig with the winegard traveler for direct tv did it come with receivers or did you have to supply them?
loki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #2

Receivers

We have the Roadtrip Mission but no receivers and it will work with Dish or Direct
Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #3

I have the Winegard Trav'ler for Directv and I opt to take my receivers from home instead of ordering additional receivers and paying the additional fee to Directv/AT&T.

All you have to do is take the receivers you need and plug them in...very easy.
Drolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #4

We had to buy a DirectTV Receiver. We opted to buy our own and keep it in the motorhome all the time - costs 12/month for the additional Direct fee for an additional box.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
We had to buy a DirectTV Receiver. We opted to buy our own and keep it in the motorhome all the time - costs 12/month for the additional Direct fee for an additional box.
This is what I think i’m going to do. But I don’t pick her up until the 10th. How is it wired can I put more than one receiver in or just one. Hoping to be able to watch different things on different TVs.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki805 View Post
This is what I think i’m going to do. But I don’t pick her up until the 10th. How is it wired can I put more than one receiver in or just one. Hoping to be able to watch different things on different TVs.
well.... this might come as a bit of bad news.

Our Seneca was wired for one cable that comes from the Winegard Satellite antenna - and needs to have a specific Direct box that uses ONE coax input from the dish. From there - the Direct box sits in the cabinet where the coax connector comes in from the roof (and will receive the signal once the Winegard does it's satellite location and tunes itself for that satellite location).

From there - our Direct-TV box has the outputs that go into the Jayco supplied "splitter" that then sends that signal to all of the 4 TV's in the motorhome.

So... in normal use - all 4 of the TV's are watching the same channel from Direct. If the DW changes the Direct TV station in the middle of a program - All of the TV's get the new channel.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
well.... this might come as a bit of bad news.

Our Seneca was wired for one cable that comes from the Winegard Satellite antenna - and needs to have a specific Direct box that uses ONE coax input from the dish. From there - the Direct box sits in the cabinet where the coax connector comes in from the roof (and will receive the signal once the Winegard does it's satellite location and tunes itself for that satellite location).

From there - our Direct-TV box has the outputs that go into the Jayco supplied "splitter" that then sends that signal to all of the 4 TV's in the motorhome.

So... in normal use - all 4 of the TV's are watching the same channel from Direct. If the DW changes the Direct TV station in the middle of a program - All of the TV's get the new channel.
I know the Trav’lr is capable of 4 boxes with a splitter. I hope I can at least figure out a way with splitter and some switches to get 2 boxes. Maybe I can put them both in front of Rv and use a RF remote for bedroom.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

direct tv

When we bought our 2017 Seneca in January, it came with a dome satellite which can use direct or dish. We have dish and it would only use one receiver. Since we had the dvr and the hoppers from Dish, we had the Dish Traveler installed from our trade in. Now we can watch in the bedroom and outside, and living room.
jrwldr is offline   Reply With Quote