Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #1

Wineguard Carryout G2

I have a Wineguard Carryout G2 that works flawlessly at home . When I set it up at most campgrounds I cant get it to work . I am using Dish Network. Every time I call tech support I get different information on how to set it up . WE are looking to use all Three Satellites for High Definition TV . Has anyone successfully set up the Wineguard Carryout G2 with the Dish network Vip211Z receiver. What is the trick to set it up
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

I think we will need more information. So, I can't exactly help you with the Dish network, but I do use the Winegard. If it works at your house, you kind of have me stumped. You are doing the general things like making sure it has a clear sky to the south (directv is south, and I am making an assumption dish is as well), meaning no trees or mountains in the way? I have to go through the setup for directv after getting the satellite to lock on every time I get to a campground. I have had one major issue in the past - the cable that goes from my trailer to the satellite was marginally broken and would not hold the satellite at a locked in position. I first thought the satellite would keep the lock and I could just remove the cigarette adapter away. It worked forever, but then started to have problems. It turned out that the shorter cable that I bought was messed up and that was what was keeping the satellite from holding the lock. I swapped back to the long cable that came with the satellite and everything works correctly. I e-mailed winegard and they said a small amount of power from the directv box holds the satellite in the locked on position. What exactly is not working for you? It doesn't ever complete the setup? You can hear the satellite continually moving and never lock on?

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #3

Wineguard promptly Replied to my email . I found that Dish Network did not know anything about the carryout G2 . Every time I called them I was given different information about how it was to be set up . The Wineguard Caryout G2 should locate the Satellites without being connected to any receiver . The zip code programed in the dish Receiver is only used for local channel by the by Dish network . The Carryout needs to be within 3 deg of level . The satellite can rotate 360 deg and does not need to be orientated in a special direction . If the satellite doesn't see all the satellites quite simply they are blocked , Relocate the satellite and try again . At home I have the advantage of knowing where my dish is pointed .
Old 09-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #4

I use the winegard pathwayx2 and it has several advantages over the g2 if you are a dish customer. It will support both eastern and western arc satalites, the g2 does not. The x2 uses power from the single coax, the g2 requires a separate power cord. The G2 will work on direct and the x2 is dish only, but the g2 will only receive direct tv in SD.

I have had zero problems with my pathway x2.

There are technical issues why direct will not allow HD to be supported by mobile units. You can get HD by using a traditional dish on a tripod. I could never go back to SD and fortunately I'm a Dish customer and don't have to.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #5

The Wineguard G2 Plus is a single wire version of the G2 . It came out right around the time I bought my 2 wire G2 .Now I know why it was on sale . Some times you think you got a deal Some times the deal got you !
Old 09-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
I use the winegard pathwayx2 and it has several advantages over the g2 if you are a dish customer. It will support both eastern and western arc satalites, the g2 does not. The x2 uses power from the single coax, the g2 requires a separate power cord. The G2 will work on direct and the x2 is dish only, but the g2 will only receive direct tv in SD.

I have had zero problems with my pathway x2.

There are technical issues why direct will not allow HD to be supported by mobile units. You can get HD by using a traditional dish on a tripod. I could never go back to SD and fortunately I'm a Dish customer and don't have to.
The Winegard Traveller system supports DirectTV HD. It's mobile in the sense that it's mounted to the roof of our RV.