Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Winterization Greyhawk 31FS

Looking for some guidance on how to Winterize a JayCo Greyhawk 31FS. I've searched You Tube for a step by step process. I've found many Videos showing how to Winterize Trailers, Campers, Class A's and other Class C's, but I have not found a You Tube how to Winterization for my Greyhawk 31FS. Can anyone point me in the right direction on HOW TO? It really needs to be step by Step or better yet a Videos showing step by step. You just don't know me... put a tool in my hands without a step by step directions, causing me to call someone else to fix the damage I've done. I'm not a handy man at all.
Just picked up my Greyhawk from being Winterized with a cost of $158.00. I would like to learn how to do this by myself and save $158.00. I've watched other videos showing how to, but they are not on a 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Like I mentioned, for me to do this correctly, I need step by step, showing pictures or a step by step video. If someone can send me a link, that would be just Awesome.
I Thank you in Advance.

By the Way the 2015 Greyhawk 31FS has a Tankless Hotwater Heater.
Eric
naturespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #2

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-52769-3.html

Go to page 3 of this thread. Look for the post by user pconroy. He created very helpful, step by step instructions (with pictures) for his Greyhawk 31FK. They are easily applied to the 31FS.

If you still have questions, let me know. I also have a 31FS w/ the tankless water heater. I usually winterizing/dewinterizing multiple times a year depending on our travels to/from Montana.
-Doug
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #3

Thank you Doug. Will check out link in a few. Thank you for quick reply.
Eric
Old 09-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #4

Doug, Just downloaded and printed the PDF posted by pconroy. Very helpful, just what I'm looking for. One area that was not included, in the Greyhawk under the kitchen sink, there are a couple of valves, near the water filter unit. What positions should these valves be in when I winterize the Unit. Other than that, the PDF covered everything else. Thank you so much for helping me and pointing me in the right direction. Pconroy did an Awesome job with his PDF. Thanks again Doug.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #5

I agree it's a great document from pconroy. He could have a future writing manuals for Jayco... if they were inclined to provide detailed manuals. LOL

I never change the position of the valves by the water filter. Honestly I'm not sure why they're even there. I guess if you wanted to remove/replace the filter element while the water system was pressurized (pump on or hooked up to city connection) you might turn them off??? I do know that on my unit, if they are in the off/closed position you can't get any water into the plumbing system or fresh tank. I discovered this after a bit of frustration on my very first outing

-Doug
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #6

Thank you for answering my question about the valves under the kitchen sink. Guess I will have to play with them and see what happens, when open and closed.
Eric
Old 09-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #7

If your not handy you can always call a mobile tech. We have friends that he doesn't do anything maintenance wise...just calls his guy.

Call some local campgrounds and ask them who they recommend. They use mobile guys all the time. Most are retired service guys or worked for a dealer and got fed up and went out on their own. The work is usually superior to what you get from dealer employees.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #8
Maz

hey guys.
i saw this posting for the "step by step" winterizing process but can't seem to get to it. can you post a link or a pdf document for the process?
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #9

Howdy-- RE the valves under the sink- They have to be in the open position to winterize (at least on my unit) addtionally, (on my unit) they are attached to the filter housing in which the filter should be removed for winterization-- Hope that helps
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #10
Maz

2015 jayco greyhawk 31fs winterizing

thanks Randy!
i'm new to this and this will be my first time. i saw many videos related to winterizing but nothing specific to this rig. It was mentioned in the blog that "pconroy" had a step by step document on winterizing this specific RV. can't seem to that, if some one has it and can post it that would be awesome!
re the valves under the sink, i haven't seen them yet, i do know there is a filter there which has a valve on it and i can turn to prevent the water/antifreeze from going through it. hopefully the document i'm looking for would have all this info.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #11

Hi Maz- If I turn those valves off, my unit wont suck antifreeze-- "I think" anything coming into the unit HAS to come though that housing- That is why you should remove the filter, then leave the valves on for winterization.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	75806
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
thanks Randy!
i'm new to this and this will be my first time. i saw many videos related to winterizing but nothing specific to this rig. It was mentioned in the blog that "pconroy" had a step by step document on winterizing this specific RV. can't seem to that, if some one has it and can post it that would be awesome!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdpty2ayry...izing.pdf?dl=0

I put it together so my wife could winterize the 31FK.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:35 AM   #14

Very nice description PConroy!
Old 10-31-2021, 01:12 PM   #15

We had to winterize our Greyhawk 31F yesterday and decided to make a video about it. We did the air compressor method and the RV antifreeze in the lines as well. Hope this helps someone out.
ks4936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:08 PM   #16

Nice video, Kasie well done!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:35 AM   #17

Thank you, pconroy!
ks4936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:49 AM   #18

Great video

I'm in Arizona, so not needed, but helped me learn about the hot water heater and filter
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greyhawk 31fs, help needed, tankless hot water heater, winterization