Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #1

Winterizing 2019 Redhawk

I am using compressed air to winterize the lines; can anyone tell me what settings the knobs on the utility center should be? I have tried "normal" (3&5) and "sanitize/winterize (2&4).and no water)air is coming out of faucets.
Steb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

You need to use 2 + 6 (City Fixtures), that will lets the air get to all the faucets. "Normal" is for flow from the water tank.

2 + 4 will be used to suck antifreeze into the lines from the jug (if you're going to use it), I actually do both, blow out the lines, then pump antifreeze in, just in case and to be safe. And I'm South of you.

I figure, it's cheaper and less time consuming to use AF, compared to searching out and fixing a broken water fitting that froze and the water damage caused by that leak.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:14 PM   #3

I'm in the middle of winterizing my Redhawk and I finally found where the access to the water heater is (the vent under the fridge) but I only saw two values that I have closed. I saw in an earlier post that there should be a third so I will have to take another look.

I also am having difficulty getting the water pump to prime. Does the water pump have a winterize hose connection on the inside or is it on the outside near the utility center?
ronsmithcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmithcma View Post
I'm in the middle of winterizing my Redhawk and I finally found where the access to the water heater is (the vent under the fridge) but I only saw two values that I have closed. I saw in an earlier post that there should be a third so I will have to take another look.

I also am having difficulty getting the water pump to prime. Does the water pump have a winterize hose connection on the inside or is it on the outside near the utility center?

Have you "flipped the screen" yet? This is called out as an almost inevitable step.

On ours, we winterize by sucking RV AF thru a small hose that's connected to the water inlet (in that utility center) and flipping the valves to 2 & 4.

This is what we do for ours:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdpty2ayry...izing.pdf?dl=0
Old 10-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #5

Very simple drawing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	65041
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Have you "flipped the screen" yet? This is called out as an almost inevitable step.

On ours, we winterize by sucking RV AF thru a small hose that's connected to the water inlet (in that utility center) and flipping the valves to 2 & 4.

This is what we do for ours:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdpty2ayry...izing.pdf?dl=0
AWESOME! Thanks very much. The attachment is exactly what I needed.

And thanks also for the diagram from the next poster. It's the by-pass value that I need to find. They did a poor job with the installation of the hoses near the water heater. One of them was installed on the back of the hose not facing out which made it harder to turn off.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmithcma View Post
Some of the newer coaches have gone to a bypass system that only uses two valves. That's how it is on my 2020 Greyhawk. Mine had a explanatory tag attached to the bypass hose that explained how the two valves should be aligned for normal and bypass operation. Not sure how yours is set up, but if you can't find the third valve, take a look at how the two that you have found are plumbed. Could be that you only have two.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:33 AM   #8

Thanks

You are correct. Mine is a 2020 also and only has two values and the tag confirmed it.

Ron
Old 10-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #9

On your control panel and water heater, I would recommend cycling through the different valve positions, just to push out any water that might behind them out.

Do you have an on board water filter?

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote