Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #1

Red face Winterizing oops

Hi everyone;
I was winterizing our Greyhawk 29 Prestige today and seem to have lost the pump prime. I had used my compressor to blowout the lines first before adding antifreeze, bypass the WH, remove water filter, drained the FWT, and began the antifreeze siphon. I switch the manifold to winterizing and started the pump. It drained the first gallon of pink but none came out of the faucets. I stopped the pump and checked the manifold and had turned on the sanitize FWT instead.
Turned the manifold to winterize plumbing and started the pump. Nothing was happening. SInce pink in FWT moved manifold to normal and pump pushed some pink out of the faucets and I quit since now pink was moving so thought pump was primed. Move manifold to winterization plumbing and started pump. Nothing. Opened all faucets and low point drain per OM for a short time to prime but nothing. The pump does not come on. Checked fuses all ok.
Can anyone help?

Thanks
ltcboyd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

I did the same thing, first time I did wrong valve configuration,I opened the FWT drain and drained antifreeze back out of FWT. If fuses are ok either pump has pressure in the lines or pump has quit or pressure switch is bad. Have to confirm voltage to pump and switch, if 12v present at pump the pump is bad, have to trouble shoot system. If all faucets are open and pump not running then you have to confirm voltage present or not at pump. Are you sure coach solenoid is engaged ?
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #3

Thanks and what is the coach soleno?
Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #4

Hi again everyone;
I was able today winterize the MH. The pump had lost its prime only nothing wrong with power or coach selenoid. I was able to prime by adding pink to the FWT and the pump self primed from the tank. I switched manifold back to winterizing pipes it sucked the pink right out of the gallon jug and flushed the system. I drained the FWT and will sanitize later.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #5

Good they can be a a pain sometimes, I always found when mine loses prime I open the toilet foot valve first and it usually take prime quick.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #6

Did ours today...almost forgot outside shower. There is a handy water pump switch located in the outside shower compartment that makes pumping antifreeze easier.

All in all not too bad and didn't take much to accomplish. I blew the lines out first with compressed air but not sure that was needed. I think just running pump and pumping all the water out of the lines would also work. Might take a bit more antifreeze to get all the water out and pink coming out good but I may do that next time.

Anyway easy enough and good to go...our first freeze is coming Monday night they are saying.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote