Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #1

Winterizing problem with Greyhawk 32FK

We are having an issue trying to winterize the Greyhawk this year. The pump will not pump the antitfreeze in. The pump works on the water from the tank, but when we turn the knobs to sanitize/winterize it will not pump. We have opened the low point valve to see if we could prime it, but nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas about what we could be doing wrong?
AlStevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #2

Yep - guessing it's a 31FK. Because that's what I have. If so, I'll bet you too are suffering from the overly powerful check valve.

In a nutshell do two things: grab the little washer/screen combination that's there in the top inlet. Pull it out carefully. Note that the screen is shaped like a pyramid with the top pointing out.

Flip it around, point the top of the screen's cone in and re-insert it.

Hook up the small hose make sure it's air tight - no leakage. Plunk the hose in the RV antifreeze and lift the jug up so the pump doesn't have to pull so far.

Flip on the pump and I'll bet it goes in.

This is what I have to do to winterize, to sanitize and to use Country- Fill
Old 10-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #3

Take the washer with the cone shaped screen out of the place where you connect the siphon hose. Turn that washer around so that the pointed side is facing into the MH. Connect the siphon hose . Place the other end of the hose in the gallon jug of anti-freeze. Turn on the water pump. See if that works. Don’t forget to reverse the washer when you are finished.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #4

Oh - when you're done, flip the screen back to the "cone out" position. Otherwise it'll hold the check valve open which causes more problems.