Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2018, 07:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Got all finished with winterizing and had a ccrrraaappp moment when I realized I forgot to do the washer.
I forgot to ask. Do you have a Splendide? Do you have the winterizing instructions? If not I could find and attach. Don't forget to let the machine pump out some antifreeze so that its drain hose and the drain trap get filled too.

It's easy to see why I go through about 6 to 7 gallons of pink stuff when I do mine!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtowner View Post
I bought a 2015 Seneca 36 FK this summer and now it's time to winterize it. Since it's my first time with this unit, I thought that I would ask the group if there are any insights or practices that I should put into place while winterizing? I plan to blow air through the system before adding the antifreeze. I live in central Ohio and need to do this.
Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you, Larry.
Best method to Winterize is to move to Florida
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #23

I do the same as Robbbyr however a small inline on/off switch is handy.

On my daughters TT her domestic fridge does not have an outside access door. So I didn't have to keep pulling the fridge out, I added a double spade connection on the solenoid for the extra cord to remain permanently attached, BUT you must be aware of polarity if you do it in this manner.
saarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I forgot to ask. Do you have a Splendide? Do you have the winterizing instructions? If not I could find and attach. Don't forget to let the machine pump out some antifreeze so that its drain hose and the drain trap get filled too.

It's easy to see why I go through about 6 to 7 gallons of pink stuff when I do mine!
Rob, I don’t have those instructions, but would love it if you share them. I have been putting it on a rinse cycle then letting it pump out. I am also glad to hear that it takes you several gallons as this last time took 7 which was down one. Also, we do not have country fill on the new way bay switches.

I also put in a tank shut off so the tank could be full of water while rest on the Seneca is winterized. Figured this could work when traveling in cold weather or if I wanted to drain all and blow with air for an especially cold night (plenty of heat in the tank bay with heaters).
Old 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Rob, I don’t have those instructions, but would love it if you share them. I have been putting it on a rinse cycle then letting it pump out. I am also glad to hear that it takes you several gallons as this last time took 7 which was down one.
I posted those instructions in the manuals section here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/d...?do=file&id=72
Old 11-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #26

Cold line?

Rob, with those instructions, how is the cold water line getting antifreeze pushed through it?
Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Rob, with those instructions, how is the cold water line getting antifreeze pushed through it?
Before pumping the pink stuff I have already completely blown out my water lines with air, including the washer. I start the washer on a wash cycle with the air hooked up, you can hear water initially come into the washer then the "whoosh" of air escaping. I then put it on "Drain" and restart the washer to pump out the drum. I do twice, once with the water temp knob turned to Hot, again with it on Cold to get the lines clear.

Then I do the antifreeze, following the Splendide instructions pumping pink stuff through both the cold and hot water lines into the washer using the onboard pump drawing the antifreeze from a 5-gallon pail I fill and have sitting at the wet bay. My Atwood water heater is bypassed so antifreeze is flowing through both the hot and cold water piping and into the washer.

Then I drain the washer using the spin cycle as the winterizing instructions state which puts antifreeze into the P-trap for the washer thereby protecting that trap.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #28

Winterizing a Jayco Seneca 37TS

Is there a bypass valve for the water heater?
I have a 2020 37TS
Big Bopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #29

There was no bypass on my 2018. However, it was critical to drain the truma prior to adding pink. I would also blow out lines before adding pink. Not sure what water heater you have now.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote