Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2021, 01:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdave View Post
It's not bad. No issues in populated areas. Even in Woodland Park where I live, we get good signals. More challenging when you get away from civilization, but the same was true with Verizon when we had them. Fi uses T-Mobile's network (along with a couple other carriers) so you get the coverage that they offer. I liked their pricing plans--I only pay for data I use.

The WeBoost cell booster I just installed boosted my signal appreciably when I tested it at the house (although I have a pretty strong signal here already) so I'm hoping it'll give me coverage in more remote places when we're boondocking.

Ah - I wasn't aware that Fi used the T-Mobile network. Thank you for that clarification. We're north. About 10 miles due east of Boulder. I get very poor VZ or ATT coverage at the house, only T-Mobile works here at the house.

But when we head out in the RV, 99% of the time we're heading west. I've got a VZ hotspot and phones with ATT and Cricket.

Most of the time, VZ will die off for us first. ATT usually has signal before VZ.
Could be an antenna thing. But it's pretty consistent. There are towns with no VZ connectivity and with ATT. Rarely, once I think, we found a place where that was swapped.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Ah - I wasn't aware that Fi used the T-Mobile network. Thank you for that clarification. We're north. About 10 miles due east of Boulder. I get very poor VZ or ATT coverage at the house, only T-Mobile works here at the house.

But when we head out in the RV, 99% of the time we're heading west. I've got a VZ hotspot and phones with ATT and Cricket.

Most of the time, VZ will die off for us first. ATT usually has signal before VZ.
Could be an antenna thing. But it's pretty consistent. There are towns with no VZ connectivity and with ATT. Rarely, once I think, we found a place where that was swapped.

Fi actually uses T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular, switching between networks automatically based on signal strength and coverage.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:33 PM   #23

We have a weboost RV. It has been working great.

I would also agree the greater the distance between the inside antenna and the outside, the better the boost. 10’ minimum, 20’ is optimum. The device (phone) should be very close to the inside antenna.

The electronics can detect the distance and adjust performance accordingly.

I have my outside antenna on an extendable pole to get it about 10’ above the rv. When fully extended I get my best boost.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #24

Having distance between outside & inside antennas is critical to proper operation; both horizontal AND vertical distance helps immensely.

Otherwise you can create a feedback loop (like a microphone in front of a speaker) at the frequencies the phones work. This hurts not only your device, but others around you.
Wireless Mike is offline   Reply With Quote