Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #21

What does the inverter feed AC to? If it feeds the onboard charger when it's on then it'll keep turning off an on.

I have a Xantrex Pro 2000w PSW that I feed the whole trailer with. I just turn off the charger breaker first.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
What does the inverter feed AC to? If it feeds the onboard charger when it's on then it'll keep turning off an on.

I have a Xantrex Pro 2000w PSW that I feed the whole trailer with. I just turn off the charger breaker first.

Where is the charger breaker ?
The only outlet on my greyhawk that the inverter feeds is in the cab bunk area behind the tv.
jfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfro View Post
Where is the charger breaker ?
The only outlet on my greyhawk that the inverter feeds is in the cab bunk area behind the tv.
In my trailer I can turn off the battery charger in the breaker panel. If the inverter is only connected to one outlet and the outlet isn't connected to the rest of the trailer then it shouldn't affect the rest of the system. A 1000w inverter seems pretty large for a single outlet.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post

Next week I'm going to have my rig out, and I'm going to take a simple circuit tester to the outlets in my MH to see which ones are powered by the inverter, and which ones are not.

One odd thing (I haven't verified with testing) is that only one side of the outlet behind my main TV is powered. I went into the MH to get a DVD out, fired up the inverter, found that the TV would power up, but not the DVD player. Switched the DVD and TV plugs in the outlet and got my DVD out. Kind of annoying if only ONE side of ONE outlet in the whole MH is powered by the inverter... But we shall see...

I'll probably go about cleaning up the rat's nest of wiring behind that outlet while I'm up there this time; I had to put blinders on when I went in there to disable the ignition lockout circuit on that outlet...
I use a small surge protector for my TV, sound bar and the satellite box, using the 'powered' outlet behind the TV.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
I use a small surge protector for my TV, sound bar and the satellite box, using the 'powered' outlet behind the TV.
That's what I was going to do. No need now that I know both sides of the outlet are indeed powered. While underway, we've never had a need to power anything other than the TV and Blu-Ray player on AC.

I use a small multi-outlet plug on my side of the bed in the rear. The placement of the OEM outlet is VERY inconvenient, so I got one with multiple outlets as well as USB outlets. Works great!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote