Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2016, 06:05 AM   #1

AR One 18QB pros & cons

I've been looking for a small trailer (see my "wanted" listing in the classified section, and I've located a 2015 AR One 18QB. Does anyone own one of these?
Would you mind sharing the good, bad and ugly about it?
Thank you
Pawpaw

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #2

Looks like you made a decision on it! Been out of touch for a bit, pretty happy with ours so far. Congrats
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #3

Thanks.
Yep, pulled the trigger on a pristine 2015 that I found locally. The only issue is the mattress, but I knew it would be a problem. We're getting a 3" topper for it. I also ordered a Fan-Tastic vent fan for the bathroom since there wasn't a vent fan in there.
Happy camping!

Cypress, TX
Old 11-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Congrats on the new Starcraft. We had the Jayflight SLX 19RB, kissing cousins! Great trailer ... only two complaints, the door being so close to the edge of the awning, when it rains, steps, mat get wet at door. Fixable .... add a side flap to block the rain.... we did that on our Ar-One 15RB, used a tarp, was tacky looking. Best thing to use would be those sides you can purchase for one of the pop-up dining tents/gazebos. There should be a way to temporarily attach to awning. We saw one guy who had done that last season, but he attached one on eachend of the awning, making like a small room on his. So , it can be done. Second complaint, the mattress. First nite we slept in it we thought the mattress was bad, we kept rolling to the centre. After some investigation, reading, we were not the only ones complaining. Some have added 2X4's to the plywood, i on the other hand added a support wall under the bed itself. Last thing u want to do is add more weight to the bed itself. I have posted pics. Try that before spending the money on a new mattress. You may just find out it not that bad after-all. Besides, when u get your new mattress, you will still need to add the support, just take the mattress off and lie on the thin plywood, watch it dip in themiddle with weight on it!
Other than that, a terrific trailer, terrific couples Lay-out
Old 11-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Congrats on the new Starcraft. We had the Jayflight SLX 19RB, kissing cousins! Great trailer ... only two complaints, the door being so close to the edge of the awning, when it rains, steps, mat get wet at door. Fixable .... add a side flap to block the rain.... we did that on our Ar-One 15RB, used a tarp, was tacky looking. Best thing to use would be those sides you can purchase for one of the pop-up dining tents/gazebos. There should be a way to temporarily attach to awning. We saw one guy who had done that last season, but he attached one on eachend of the awning, making like a small room on his. So , it can be done. Second complaint, the mattress. First nite we slept in it we thought the mattress was bad, we kept rolling to the centre. After some investigation, reading, we were not the only ones complaining. Some have added 2X4's to the plywood, i on the other hand added a support wall under the bed itself. Last thing u want to do is add more weight to the bed itself. I have posted pics. Try that before spending the money on a new mattress. You may just find out it not that bad after-all. Besides, when u get your new mattress, you will still need to add the support, just take the mattress off and lie on the thin plywood, watch it dip in themiddle with weight on it!
Other than that, a terrific trailer, terrific couples Lay-out

Thanks for the tips!

Cypress, TX
Old 12-16-2020, 08:24 PM   #6

Looks like this is an old thread, but I bought a 2016 AR One 18QB new in 2016 and absolutely like it. No regrets at all.