Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #1

Fantastic vent fan

My 18QB AR-One didn't have a vent fan in the bathroom (it only had a vent), so I decided to do something about it. I installed a Fantastic vent fan. The installation took me about 5-6 hours, but it wasn't complicated at all. I grabbed power from the light fixture in the bathroom. The time consuming part was removing the existing vent and cleaning as much of the old sealant off the roof as possible. WOW, this thing has three speeds and really moves some air. It acts like an old fashioned attic fan. I can feel it pulling air from the window on the opposite end of my trailer. According to the manufacturer, the fan can be left on all the time to provide circulation while the trailer is in storage to eliminate the musty smell and other problems. I like it so much that I'm going to order another one and install it on my Autumn Ridge 329BHU and replace the puny little bathroom fan the factory installed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #2

Thanks for that... I always wondered if it was worth the changeover. Now I think it might be.
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #3

Absolutely the first mod a new owner should undertake. As far as leaving it on all the time in storage, ??????????. Suppose if it is a model with a tstate you might set it to kick on if temp gets over XX degrees if that is possible but otherwise I'd just leave a couple windows slightly open and open the roof vent with the fan off. Have installed 3 fantastic fans in 2 different TT's and my houseboat and don't remember seeing the recommendation to leave it on in storage.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Absolutely the first mod a new owner should undertake. As far as leaving it on all the time in storage, ??????????. Suppose if it is a model with a tstate you might set it to kick on if temp gets over XX degrees if that is possible but otherwise I'd just leave a couple windows slightly open and open the roof vent with the fan off. Have installed 3 fantastic fans in 2 different TT's and my houseboat and don't remember seeing the recommendation to leave it on in storage.
Just to be clear, leaving it on while in storage wasn't written anywhere. I was curious about it, so I called them and spoke with their tech folks to get my answer. I'm not sure I'm going to do it, I'll probably continue using my small 120 volt fan to circulate the air while in storage.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote