Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #1

In for repairs, 3rd time

Well in again for awning that back ends does not close completely, 1st time screwed awning back to trailer, 2nd time replaced whole arm mechanism, 3rd not sure what they'll do.
Also while in will work on frig, not working in either electric or gas - got green light that's all well with either but no cooling. Lastly pocket door is scrapped by screw in wall for holding medicine cabinet. This is 2019 251RES fifth wheel.
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJ View Post
Well in again for awning that back ends does not close completely, 1st time screwed awning back to trailer, 2nd time replaced whole arm mechanism, 3rd not sure what they'll do.
Also while in will work on frig, not working in either electric or gas - got green light that's all well with either but no cooling. Lastly pocket door is scrapped by screw in wall for holding medicine cabinet. This is 2019 251RES fifth wheel.
Took my service dept four times before they got my main awning to close flush. They finally got it right this last time. It was misaligned on the base arms.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:25 AM   #3

My 2020 autumn ridge has the same doesn’t close problem, but it is the Foward arm is bowed. Putting a straight edge on it showed about a inch. Dealer said will order new one but everything is back ordered due to COVID? All conversation about it was without them looking at it. Tells me he knew about it. I have never bought a new unit before and frankly wish I hadn’t. A year or two old like a vehicle gets the bugs out before you get it. Lol
Als1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:19 AM   #4

Sometimes it takes a few trips. Our dealer has been ultra fast at repairs, so I have never been to concerned about dropping it off. I had one water leak under the bathroom sink that took three trips to get fixed. I suspected it was from the glued P-Trap joint but could not replicate the issue when I stood there. On the 3rd trip in for that. In a firm voice I said "Fix It, it will be done right this time" what ever they did, it has not leaked since.

The frig issue does suck, hopefully it is a control board, and a quick swap out and your back at it.

The awning, I have to clean and lube the track every year (at least once) or it will not open and close properly. Not sure if that is any of any help.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote