Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #1

Need an Expert

We just brought home a new 2017 Autumn Ridge last Wednesday. In going through all of its systems I have yet to find where the Power Converter is located, so I would appreciate some help. It is mentioned in the Owner's Manual, but it doesn't mention where it is located.

The other question I have is what type of slide mechanism is used on this unit? The tech who did the walk-thru wasn't sure.

I am sure I will have more questions in the coming days, so I appreciate any help this Forum can give me.

Lee
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:59 AM   #2

Have you found the fuses and circuit breakers?

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #3

Yes, found that OK....just looked at it again and guess what??...the Power Converter is there as well! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
We just brought home a new 2017 Autumn Ridge last Wednesday. In going through all of its systems I have yet to find where the Power Converter is located, so I would appreciate some help. It is mentioned in the Owner's Manual, but it doesn't mention where it is located.

The other question I have is what type of slide mechanism is used on this unit? The tech who did the walk-thru wasn't sure.

I am sure I will have more questions in the coming days, so I appreciate any help this Forum can give me.

Lee
According to your manual there are potentially 3 systems you could have. Here is how I would identify it.
1. Are there 4 aluminum tracks on the side of the slide out? If so most likely Schwintec
2. If no then look underneath for square arms extending from the frame of the unit and it's a gear driven system.
3. Locate the brains of the slide out which if not mechanical like option 2 it should say a brand on it like Schwintec or Power Gear.

Your power converter is usually behind a black plastic panel the houses all the fuses and circuit breakers. Listen for a fan noise to identify under heavy 12V usage.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #5

Did you pay for the walk through?

Even if you didn't I would call the dealer and complain!

At the very least they should research your question and get back to you with answers.

If they blow you off post the name and location so others can avoid that dealer.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post

1. Are there 4 aluminum tracks on the side of the slide out? If so most likely Schwintec
2. If no then look underneath for square arms extending from the frame of the unit and it's a gear driven system.
3. Locate the brains of the slide out which if not mechanical like option 2 it should say a brand on it like Schwintec or Power Gear.

Your power converter is usually behind a black plastic panel the houses all the fuses and circuit breakers. Listen for a fan noise to identify under heavy 12V usage.
That helps a lot...believe it's #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Did you pay for the walk through?

Even if you didn't I would call the dealer and complain!

At the very least they should research your question and get back to you with answers.

If they blow you off post the name and location so others can avoid that dealer.
The walk thru was very thorough, but I failed to ask the question while we were there. This is my 4th travel trailer so I am pretty familiar with the systems, but slide outs do vary by manufacturer. The walk thru was part of the "Deal", and compared to previous purchases this one was by far the best experience. We bought our RV from Camping World in Mesa, AZ and we have no complaints about the whole process. No sales pressure what so ever and they gave us everything we asked for. It was detailed and ready for delivery on the promised date.

Thanks for the quick responses! I know where to come if I get stumped in the future.