Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #1

Second A/C

I have an Autumn Ridge with 50 amp service, a 266RKS, and it's wired for a second AC. I sent Starcraft a request today for the manufacturing prints and to my pleasant surprise they sent them within 1/2 hour of my request. Come to find out the position of the second AC is shown to be in the bedroom about 12 inches from the right side of the trailer and about the same from the rear bedroom wall. I had assumed it would be in the middle, but that is not the case.

So, my question is does anyone have an Autumn Ridge with 2 AC units? I am not sure how that setup would work.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #2

At about the 4:15 mark you can see the ac cover.

https://youtu.be/thAe-XjOW4k

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #3

Thanks, but that is the shroud for the main air in the living room. The trailer is also only 30 amps so it wouldn’t have a second AC. In mine there is a junction box in the ceiling just inside the bedroom door that holds the end of the power cable for the second AC. There is also a second circuit breaker in the power control box. It just seems kind of weird the AC would be mounted off center, but the AC duct from the main air is in that location.

Just hoping someone with this setup would have a photo of their trailer.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #4

I think I have found the solution to my problem. I found this video that shows how a mis-aligned separator in the AC unit itself can greatly diminish the AC efficiency. I checked my AC unit and it was worse than the one in the video. There were also gaps between the AC ducts and the roof so some cold air was blowing into the roof instead of going into the RV. After sealing the gaps and fixing the separator my AC is working like it never has before. A truly amazing difference.