Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
Destination Picabo

We were zipping along when I spotted a small sign and some campers from the roadway in Picabo for Silver Creek RV park. I flipped a turn finding an amazing 15 or so spots just beyond the berm. This turned out to be a great find! Electric and Water to all the spots and a fire pit tucked into the berm. Just a short walk away was a fully equipped bathroom with an amazing shower.

That little town was fantastic
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01667.jpg   DSC01670.jpg  
__________________

A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
8/31/16

Oops... 7/31

Stashed the camper in Picabo whilst we took a day trip over to Boise and then the next day headed south to Salt Lake, UT.

Spotted some campgrounds as we rolled by Willard Bay State Park and made the turn off at the south end. The north part looked awesome as 60mph, and we pulled into a site that had full hook ups appeared to be great. It was a weird place. All the camp spots you were supposed to back into, but the campground was empty. It was a huge parking lot with full hookups and seemed odd that the hole campground seemed like a parking lot. The bathrooms were dirty... I mean.. DIRTY. The scenery was great, but every site was on top of a dump station (notice the manhole cover under the front wheel).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01675.jpg   DSC01678.jpg  
__________________

A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
8/1/16

Fruita, CO (James Robb State Park - Fruita Section)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01698.jpg  
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
ttavasc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Z_Adventures View Post
Oops... 7/31

Stashed the camper in Picabo whilst we took a day trip over to Boise and then the next day headed south to Salt Lake, UT.

Spotted some campgrounds as we rolled by Willard Bay State Park and made the turn off at the south end. The north part looked awesome as 60mph, and we pulled into a site that had full hook ups appeared to be great. It was a weird place. All the camp spots you were supposed to back into, but the campground was empty. It was a huge parking lot with full hookups and seemed odd that the hole campground seemed like a parking lot. The bathrooms were dirty... I mean.. DIRTY. The scenery was great, but every site was on top of a dump station (notice the manhole cover under the front wheel).
Sounds like you ended up at the South Marina campground which you accurately described. If you go that way again stay at the North Marina campground. We stayed there a couple of nights on the way to and from Kanab, UT last year and found it to be quite nice.....
Attached Thumbnails
SDC11046.jpg   SDC11215.jpg  
__________________
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, 8-spd, 3.21LSD, Factory Air Ride/Tow Pkg, Andersen WD/SC
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:24 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
South Marina - That was it! I suspect I was lured into it by the 60mph view of North Marina... It looked so nice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
Sounds like you ended up at the South Marina campground which you accurately described. If you go that way again stay at the North Marina campground. We stayed there a couple of nights on the way to and from Kanab, UT last year and found it to be quite nice.....
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Regina
Posts: 165
I have been absent from these forums for a while, but i want to say i really enjoyed catching up on your adventures! I am hoping that this coming season i can do a better job of documenting our camping!
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
Thanks you so much! I still have a couple more updates before we dropped the camper off for some warranty issues.
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
8/11/16

Ventured out of the house with the goal of Red Feathers Lake. Whoa… so crowded, spotted a couple of sites on the ridge but just was not feeling it. Zipped over the mountain and dropped into Rustic. Headed down towards Mountain Park with hopes there was a bit more availability. There is so much BLM stuff I knew we would find something, I was just being picky.

As you head east from Rustic you come down the mountainside and notice this cute campground across the river. We turned off and across a single lane bridge and head into Mountain Park. Lots of families and a neat park for the boys to run around. Cruised around, dropped some blocks to set up for the night. Mountain Park was a neat campground, but it seemed as if we were all on top of each other. We ended up with an electric site which worked out swimmingly.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01760.jpg   DSC01756.jpg  
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #49
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,508
Great camping pics! We also have twin boys, but they are now 14, along with two other boys.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dacono
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Great camping pics! We also have twin boys, but they are now 14, along with two other boys.

Man they get big fast!
__________________

A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.