Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #1

Starcraft forum

For those of you that also follow the Starcraft owners forum, a notice went up this morning that the forum is for sale. I'm not computer geek enough to own a forum, but maybe others here are. It's been a quiet forum during the short time that I've been a member but that could turn around. Anyway, just wanted to let people know in case there is some interest.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

I too am a member of the STARCRAFT FORUM... Saw the same report when I logged on this afternoon...

Seems like alot of viewers on there of late but not a whole bunch of anyone making comments...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #3

x2 on what RoyBradde has said.
I recall when that forum was first starting up - it was posted either here or on RVnet inviting people to join. I visited a few times back then, and just revisited now. While there are a lot of posts, there are very few responses. In short I didn't find that forum to be very helpful to me, a Starcraft 235fb Autumn Ridge owner. I also don't want to be dividing my time and my responses to yet another RV forum, since I am active on this one and RVnet.

It seems that many of the threads haven't had activity since 2015, and there are many questions asked without any answers given at all. I just don't think there are enough vested members on that site to reach a critical mass.

Given that Starcraft is a Jayco-owned company, and many of the Starcraft models are nearly exact clones of their Jayco sisters, I find this forum and RVnet fully meet my needs, and have many great contributors. My trailer is a twin of the Jayco 23fb so anything that applies to them also applies to me.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #4

I've been active here longer than there, but we just got our Starcraft a month ago when we traded our jayco. But both forums can have their place. It would be a shame for a voice to be silenced.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #5

I suspect if the owner is dumping it that the low traffic isn't producing enough ad revenue to pay the hosting bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
I suspect if the owner is dumping it that the low traffic isn't producing enough ad revenue to pay the hosting bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Unfortunate but probably right on the money.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #7

Nope. He states that he sold his Starcraft and bought a Rockwood.

From the Stracraft Owners website:

"Hi everybody. It is with great regret that I have to inform you that this forum is now for sale.

Over the weekend, we upgraded our Starcraft 16RB to a Rockwood Roo 233S. Being that I am no longer the owner of a Starcraft travel trailer, I don't think keeping this board is in the best interest.

Anyway, I am prepared to let the board go cheap to anybody that would like to take it over. I probably have about 100 dollars invested in the last 2 years, and its currently hosted through GoDaddy. I also have Google Adwords running which is offsetting some cost.

From an optimization perspective, the board is top of the list for anybody searching for Starcraft RV, and based on Google Analytics, our traffic is increasing every month.

With that being said, this is a pretty new forum, and has a lot of room for growth. I would really like to see somebody take it over rather than just shut it down"

There is really not that much Starcraft traffic on this site. I guess most Starcraft owners aren't the forum types. As stated before, the benefit of this site is that the Jaycos and Starcrafts are almost interchangeable.

I bounce around between this site, Starcraft Owners, RV.net and The RV forum community.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:10 AM   #8
Site Team

If I am attracted to a owner related site and I post and never receive any response after a few looks, I'm gone.

Could be this forum has picked up some interest since acquiring them and people are using it instead?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #9

I used to go to RV.net, but if you don't own a Forest River product, it seemed they liked to bash Jayco whenever posssible, IMO.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenuftoknowbetter View Post

There is really not that much Starcraft traffic on this site. I guess most Starcraft owners aren't the forum types. As stated before, the benefit of this site is that the Jaycos and Starcrafts are almost interchangeable.
I don't agree with the two bolded sentence above. And I think the third sentence explains the reason why.

There may be a lot of Starcraft traffic on this site. I think people just assume that everyone here is a Jayco owner because it is a Jayco site. And on what basis is the assumption made that Starcraft owners aren't the forum types?

Consider this: Jayco is the largest selling RV, so there are many more Jayco owners than Starcraft Owners. I'm guessing that Starcraft isn't even anywhere close to the top 10. So there are many more potential Jayco forum members than Starcraft. And all those Jayco owners have lots of experience, have had lots of things go wrong with their RVs, and have figured out lots of mods and solutions to those problems. And since most Starcraft models are similar to Jayco models, those solutions and ideas are almost universally applicable to Starcraft RVs.

Yes, there is a Starcraft topic on this Jayco forum, but the number of threads are limited. And I personally have zero interest in posting a photo of my trailer or at looking at photos of other people's trailers. I am interested in ideas, mods and solutions...and most of those are found in the much more robustly populated Jayco threads.

As someone else said of the Starcraft Forum, there is nothing more frustrating than someone posting a question or problem and looking for solutions, then seeing that many people have viewed the thread and no one has posted even one answer. I can only speak for myself, but I am more than happy that all these great Jayco folks allow the proverbial "red-headed step children" of Starcraft to participate in their forum, where there are such great forum members and so much knowlege they are willing to share.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
I don't agree with the two bolded sentence above. And I think the third sentence explains the reason why.

There may be a lot of Starcraft traffic on this site. I think people just assume that everyone here is a Jayco owner because it is a Jayco site. And on what basis is the assumption made that Starcraft owners aren't the forum types?

Consider this: Jayco is the largest selling RV, so there are many more Jayco owners than Starcraft Owners. I'm guessing that Starcraft isn't even anywhere close to the top 10. So there are many more potential Jayco forum members than Starcraft. And all those Jayco owners have lots of experience, have had lots of things go wrong with their RVs, and have figured out lots of mods and solutions to those problems. And since most Starcraft models are similar to Jayco models, those solutions and ideas are almost universally applicable to Starcraft RVs.

Yes, there is a Starcraft topic on this Jayco forum, but the number of threads are limited. And I personally have zero interest in posting a photo of my trailer or at looking at photos of other people's trailers. I am interested in ideas, mods and solutions...and most of those are found in the much more robustly populated Jayco threads.

As someone else said of the Starcraft Forum, there is nothing more frustrating than someone posting a question or problem and looking for solutions, then seeing that many people have viewed the thread and no one has posted even one answer. I can only speak for myself, but I am more than happy that all these great Jayco folks allow the proverbial "red-headed step children" of Starcraft to participate in their forum, where there are such great forum members and so much knowlege they are willing to share.
I agree with every statement you made. That's why I am on this site. I love that Jayco has welcomed its "red-headed stepchild" with open arms.

If you look through any of the forums, you just don't see many Starcraft owners posting. When you do, it is usually the same few. I understand that we are a much smaller group. I guess if you look at it from a sales volume point, not many of the thousands of Jayco owners out there post either.

I am grateful for all of the knowledge and experience shared on this site and other forums. This information has saved me from making mistakes in the first place, given me some great ideas for mods and helped me understand many of the nuances of TT ownership.

Again, I thank all that take the time to help their fellow RVers.

PS - I do enjoy seeing the pictures of my fellow RVers rigs and adventures.

Safe travels to all!
Old 06-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #12

We are a smaller group of owners, but we also need to get the word out that this forum and the other exist. I owned Jayco's for 20 years before buying my Starcraft but I only found this forum last summer. I enjoy posting and sharing memories, ideas, experiences and , yes, pictures. I know first hand that the jayco and Starcraft plans are close. We found 2 jayco models that were virtually the same as our Starcraft. I just preferred the colors and fabrics along with a couple of small design tweaks that the star had. So we are all campers together and hopefully we can keep the forum strong, both for Starcraft and jayco owners.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #13

I too chose this forum over some of the others for many of the above reasons!

So far I am a happy red headed step child and look forward to keeping this as my home for a while.

I enjoy the...

Pics
Stories
Mods
Info
Locations
Well... all of it.

Thank you all for your contributions
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #14

Is there any one with more computer experience than I have that would be interested in helping to run the other forum. I hate to see it go away but don't know enough to run and grow it.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #15

I feel ok about the experience and knowledge, but I have limited time through the end of the summer. Currently work is pushing pretty hard on me through the end of September.

That being said, I don't mind helping out with it, but do not have the financial commitment into it and very little time to grow it until the end of the year.

Jim
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #16

I'm not super computer literate, but I'll help if I can. I bet the current owner will help educate.