Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #81

Welcome Aboard! Have fun with your new Camper!
rbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:07 AM   #82

Just installed a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL on my Launch UltraLite 26BHS. The prewired connector for mine was wired backwards from the Starcraft factory. Check your wiring before you connect...black to white, red to red.
I purchased mine on Amazon for $325. Best deal I have found. It's up to $355 now. (Amazon can be kind of like playing the stock market.)
oldenuftoknowbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #83

Hi all, count me in as the newest happy camper owner of a Starcraft. In a couple of days I'll be trading in my Jayco x17z for a brand new 2017 Launch 24rls. The old bones, my dw's not mine, just got too tired of climbing in and out of the bunk end and the idea of a real bed got to be just too appealing. And the dance floor when the slide is out is awesome too, no more dogs in the middle of the aisle. So I'm sliding down from the hybrid forum to here, and looking forward to it.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #84

Welcome! Good to see another "Starcrafter" on here!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #85

We have the 24RLS and love it. The mattress left a little to be desired so we got another one and we got the standard queen which fit perfectly. So far no real problems with this TT.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #86

Made the first outing last week and looking forward to the next over Memorial Day. The PDI was very smooth and only 3 little issues, 2 of which were with non Jayco products, stove top blemish and door lock sticking. The dealer will take care of the other issue whenever I bring it back in. But I want a nice 3 day weekend trip to see if we find anything else first. Man this is living after 20 years in a pup and HTT. 24RLS forever, or at least until a fiver comes along.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #87

Picked up a 2016 AR-One Maxx 19BHLE Extreme and took it out for a maiden voyage. The idea of going into some back country without getting it chewed up from the rocks is awesome for us. We came from a PUP. Interestingly it is not plug and play. There is quite a bit of stuff to do to get it prepped.
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #88
Site Team

Bumped up to continue to welcome Starcraft owners to JOF!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #89

New Starcraft 21fbs

Just traded our 2015 17z for a 2017 Starcraft 21fbs. A lot easier to set up and a whole lot more room for mom the dog and me lol. I know people compare the two brands and I guess I differ in most people's opinion. I think the build quality in both is good compared to the rest of the industry. I really think the Starcraft's fit and trim is better than our Jayco was. The cabinets seem a little nicer in the Starcraft. So far we are loving it!
Rlc1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #90

21fbs

Just traded our 2015 17z for a 2017 Starcraft 21fbs. A lot easier to set up and a whole lot more room for mom the dog and me lol. I know people compare the two brands and I guess I differ in most people's opinion. I think the build quality in both is good compared to the rest of the industry. I really think the Starcraft is fit and trim is better than our Jayco was. The cabinets seem a little nicer in the Starcraft. So far we are loving it!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Rlc1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #91

Welcome to the dark side!
I have to agree with you. The fit and finish does seem to be a bit nicer in the Starcrafts. There seem to be more extras, too.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #92

It looks like my 2008 Starcraft 14RT series got replaced by the FLAGSTAFF and ROCKWOOD Extreme series... 2015-2016 models

They still don't have the beefed up 6-inch by 2-inch frame my STARCRAFT has under it... They do include however high walls and extended kitchen fold out

Nice to see some different interior layout. Since JAYCO dropped the real heavy duty OFF-ROAD series I figured I had one of the last still on the road haha...

Mine weighs in around 4200 lbs loaded up for trips...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #93

I feel the same that the Starcraft is better. We have had both our Jayco was full of problems and the Starcraft has been great.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 AM   #94

Starcraft vs Jayco

We looked at most of the brands out there before buying our new 2015 Starcraft Travel Star 276RKS. I build furniture for a living and the fit and finish of the cabinets sold me over the equivalent Jayco Eagle.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #95

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased a used 2005 Starcraft Starlight hybrid SSO21. The front bunk seal that stretches across the hinge was badly damaged and the previous owner had rigged up a fix. I want to completely replace whats there but need a guidance picture(s) of how this is supposed to look. Is there anyone on these forums that could provide me with pics of their front bunk bed with the bottom seal and side seals? Or can anyone point my in the right direction?
tchaytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaytor View Post
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased a used 2005 Starcraft Starlight hybrid SSO21. The front bunk seal that stretches across the hinge was badly damaged and the previous owner had rigged up a fix. I want to completely replace whats there but need a guidance picture(s) of how this is supposed to look. Is there anyone on these forums that could provide me with pics of their front bunk bed with the bottom seal and side seals? Or can anyone point my in the right direction?
Greetings, and congrats on your new camper!

A google search netted me quite a few images of your camper that may have some ideas. Often parts can be found through your local dealer that may have a strong relationship with Jayco/Starcraft. This does seem like something I would take model numbers to your dealer with. That seal seems like a parts guy could really ding into. Perhaps an email to starcraft could get you a schematic or list of items you may need.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2005...f9CHsQ_AUIBigB
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #97

Have you tried contacting Starcraft? You can contact them through their website...starcraftrv.com. Have your trailer serial # handy when you contact them.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:07 AM   #98

They gave my 0 help.. told me to contact a local dealer.. In the process of doing that but nobody seems to be able to send me pics of this setup.
tchaytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #99

Ran across this forum and thought I'd join in. Currently own a 2014 Starcraft Launch 17SB hybrid. Anyone else with hybrids in here?
ute_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #100

Ownership update

We've now owned our Autumn Ridge 329BHU for 1 1/2 years and have pulled it around our great country a little over 9,600 miles. I'm very happy to report that we've had no major problems at all. In fact, I think the only problems were:
1) the main slide was a little out of adjustment when we got home after our first trip. Repairs made under warranty and no more issues with it.
2) the indicator lights on the grey water tank never show that the tank is empty. The 1/3 full light and the empty light come on together even when the tank is empty and dry. Dealer has replaced the sensor and worked on it 5 times to no avail. Not a big deal, just frustrating.
3) the fresh water tank has filled when connected to campground water supply on two occasions. I always use a pressure regulator, and have finally figured out that the pump is allowing water to back flow through itself. I purchased a check valve to be installed on the water line - haven't installed it yet.

We used to own a Jayco Swift 264BH and I think the quality of our Starcraft is much higher than our Jayco. We had several issues with the Jayco and finally sold it and got our Autumn Ridge. I'm not knocking Jayco, just saying that we are very happy with our new TT. Maybe we just got lucky!
Happy camping!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote